Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Official 2007 GT-R Teaser Picture .. Oh My Lord !

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-05, 07:35 PM
saleem
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Official 2007 GT-R Teaser Picture .. Oh My Lord !

Well Fellas ... this car will own .. this is what I have been expecting all along Bravo Nissan .. btw official pictures will be up october 7th .. here is a brief description.. I think I literally shat my pants ..

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NISSAN AT THE TOKYO MOTOR SHOW 2005 – GT-R PROTO

At a glance:

Ultimate driving pleasure

Exterior design close to final

Official launch set for 2007

At the 35th Tokyo Motor Show in 2001, Nissan unveiled the GT-R Concept, confirming that the GT-R legend would be continued into the 21st century. Then, at the 37th Tokyo Motor Show in 2003, Nissan announced the next-generation GT-R would be rolled out in 2007. Now with the launch of the production model just two years away, the development of the new GT-R has moved ahead again with the reveal of the GT-R PROTO.

Ultimate driving pleasure

In essence, driving pleasure means that a car responds faithfully to the driver's wishes and performs precisely as expected. Successive generations of the GT-R have consistently pursued this vision of ultimate driving pleasure. Whether on the road or the racetrack, the GT-R has always represented ultimate performance combined with handling qualities that stay faithful to the driver’s wishes, in all conditions. As a result, the GT-R has built a reputation that extends far beyond just its loyal owner base.

Exterior design: pure performance

The design of the GT-R PROTO expresses pure GT-R heritage, coming from the first model PGC10 (1969) through R34 (1999), in a new and expressive form.

From its original roots as a pure-bred Japanese performance car, the new GT-R will now be a car sold globally, recognising its ability to compete with the very best in the world. For the first time in its history, the new GT-R will be designed as a specific body-style, and not derived from a sedan.

The design language of the GT-R PROTO is expressed by a distinctive body-style that communicates pure performance and functionality. The form of the GT-R PROTO instantly expresses its purpose and potential, but in a way that is unique to this iconic car.

At the front end, the single centre air intake is designed to optimise airflow and to strongly link the identity of the GT-R from R34 to GT-R Concept (2001). Front fenders are uniquely designed through intensive analysis of the airflow around the tyres and the air vent behind the front fender also optimises aerodynamics. The sides of the body are sculptured towards the rear fender, expressing the power and dynamic tension of the car.

The overall shape of the body combines solid and smooth surfaces to achieve the look of a well-trained athlete. The unique C-pillar crease is designed for optimum aerodynamics, reflecting the racing DNA of the GT-R.

The rear of the GT-R PROTO is strong and well defined. The signature four ring-shaped tail lamps provide an immediate visual link to previous GT-R models. Four large-bore exhaust pipes complete the purposeful look, which could only be that of a pure GT-R.

The GT-R PROTO provides for the first time a clear indication of the final design direction for the production model to be launched in 2007, the first all-new GT-R in eight years.

This is all thanks to the guys at my350z.com I CANNOT WAIT ! .
Old 10-04-05, 07:40 PM
LexFather

I have to say, I used to get all excited about pictures of concepts but not anymore. Its been over 5 years we are waiting to see the real thing. So please, just let us see the real thing.

I am sure the performance will kick mucho butt.

Thanks for sharing saleem

Old 10-04-05, 07:43 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Looks like all the concept pics. Cant wait to see the actual thing.
Old 10-04-05, 07:46 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Ehhh....not really impressed with this drawing. Little to busy. But obviously I will have to wait for the real deal. As usual performance will be off the wall.

EDIT: Remember that old show Viper (I think thats what it was called) where the stock Viper turned into this crazy looking silver Viper?? Like a mid 90's Knight Rider. Well thats what this concept drawing reminds me of.
Old 10-04-05, 07:46 PM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

So it's a Nissan?
Old 10-04-05, 07:49 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Incendiary
So it's a Nissan?
I think its a Renault

Old 10-04-05, 07:52 PM
saleem
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I think its a Renault
Hahahahahhahaha I wouldnt be surprised if flavio briatore and fernando show up for the premiere
Old 10-04-05, 08:02 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

My guess would be a nissan Also I guess we'll see....
Old 10-04-05, 08:20 PM
DPRSupra
Lexus Test Driver

hasn't this concept been lingering for a while? I think i've seen that years ago...

Last edited by DPRSupra; 10-04-05 at 08:25 PM.
Old 10-04-05, 09:34 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

my bro in law has a japanesse mag with the real pics he said and it looks alot different then those ..ill have to ask him to scan them before i go back home...dont hold me to this though but i think its true
Old 10-04-05, 09:45 PM
Sup
Driver

this is an OFFICAL release from Nissan.
Old 10-04-05, 09:46 PM
jrock65
Lexus Test Driver

Ahh, another "funny" Renault comment.

Renault owns 37% of Nissan and Nissan owns 15% of Renault. Whoop-dee-do.

Anyways, the new sketch looks better than the old concepts. I think that they'll sell it under the Infiniti name in the US, but we'll see what happens.
Old 10-04-05, 09:47 PM
Sup
Driver

Originally Posted by DPRSupra
hasn't this concept been lingering for a while? I think i've seen that years ago...
]

this is new, the actual photos like you posted of the old concept will be released on Friday.
Old 10-05-05, 12:00 AM
r4z0r3ck
Lead Lap

hmmm seems to have a lambo feel to it. either way looks hot!
Old 10-05-05, 01:23 AM
Final Word
Driver School Candidate

didn't i hear somewhere that "Infiniti GT-R" was being trademarked? or was trademarked?

Quick Reply: Official 2007 GT-R Teaser Picture .. Oh My Lord !