Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Nissan Bluebird Sylphy (next Sentra???)

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-05, 08:39 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Last edited by flipside909; 10-09-05 at 09:13 PM.
Old 10-09-05, 08:52 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Last edited by flipside909; 10-09-05 at 09:04 PM.
Old 10-09-05, 08:58 PM
Variance
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by magneto112
Siigh...unfortunately we've covered this like 4539474792784 times before. There are similarities in the overall profile of the car. Long hood, short deck, roundish roof which has been around since the 1st gen GS and now something the 6th gen Maxima has that it never incorporated before. But if you wanna see a thorough debate about this, then I suggest you search using the keyword Maxima. You'll find plenty.
I like I said with the chrome strip on the bottom of the door (and proved), I don't think the GS was the first car to have a longish hood and short deck.

The roof and windowlines of the Altima, Maxima and G35 are completely different from the GS's. The Nissans' rooflines are more arched in the center. The G35's is angled more steeply. All of their windowlines are straight while the GS's is curved.

So can we please stop with the "Nissan/Infiniti copied Lexus" stuff?
Old 10-09-05, 09:11 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Every manufacturer copies styling cues and features from each other. We've gone over this numerous times. If you're tired of seeing the Nissan/Infiniti copied Lexus kinda threads don't read them better yet, go browse Fresh Alloy and all those other great Nissan forums. Perhaps you're forgetting this is ClubLexus not ClubNissan or ClubInfiniti. How many times do we have to tell you Nissan guys this? Let's move on and talk about this particular Nissan. Forget about who copied who. It's getting old that the same Nissan guys cry wolf in a Lexus biased forum.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=144940

Last edited by flipside909; 10-09-05 at 09:16 PM.
Old 10-09-05, 09:27 PM
Variance
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
Every manufacturer copies styling cues and features from each other. We've gone over this numerous times. If you're tired of seeing the Nissan/Infiniti copied Lexus kinda threads don't read them better yet, go browse Fresh Alloy and all those other great Nissan forums. Perhaps you're forgetting this is ClubLexus not ClubNissan or ClubInfiniti. How many times do we have to tell you Nissan guys this? Let's move on and talk about this particular Nissan. Forget about who copied who. It's getting old that the same Nissan guys cry wolf in a Lexus biased forum.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=144940
So it's a problem to prove Lexus guys wrong when it comes to stuff like this? I wouldn't be "crying wolf" if so much misinformation wasn't spread about Nissan or Infiniti all the time. Is there a problem with offering a more accurate point of view when it comes to Nissan? I don't care if anyone doesn't particularly care for another brand but people could at least get their facts straight about them.

Now concerning the Bluebird, if this is the basis for the next Sentra, it's interior will be a cut above the rest, I think. I still wonder what the North American exterior will look like.
Old 10-09-05, 09:40 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by Variance
So it's a problem to prove Lexus guys wrong when it comes to stuff like this? I wouldn't be "crying wolf" if so much misinformation wasn't spread about Nissan or Infiniti all the time. Is there a problem with offering a more accurate point of view when it comes to Nissan? I don't care if anyone doesn't particularly care for another brand but people could at least get their facts straight about them.
No there is no problem. But you Nissan guys love to make a big deal about it. Are you the Nissan fact police? As far as we're concerned, your information you post can be perceived as total opinion. You find something anti-nissan in our community and you are one of the first to come to the rescue and try to fight your opinion. Again, if you don't like what you see, move on...don't elaborate you're wasting your time. You're constantly fighting an uphill battle here. You're not going to win. Don't bother trying to get your last word in this part of the discussion. If you want to discuss this further, PM me.

Now concerning the Bluebird, if this is the basis for the next Sentra, it's interior will be a cut above the rest, I think. I still wonder what the North American exterior will look like.
Concerning the interior, it does look nice, looks a little more upscale than some current Infiniti vehicles. Definitely a cut above a Hyundai Elantra or Chevy Aveo.

I wonder what the next SE-R will be like.

Last edited by flipside909; 10-09-05 at 09:53 PM.