Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Official Toyko Auto show aka the Lexus TAKEOVER Thread (all pics, info, etc here)

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-05, 07:30 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is it really gonna come in that nice looking blue color. looks like breakwater blue from the RX 330. and i wonder how Lexus is gonna make an interior already so beautiful even more beautiful? the lexus folks must go through hell trying to come up with an interior design. they are all so nice and getting nicer. just please keep touchscreen!!!
Old 10-18-05, 07:30 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

is it really gonna come in that nice looking blue color. looks like breakwater blue from the RX 330. and i wonder how Lexus is gonna make an interior already so beautiful even more beautiful? the lexus folks must go through hell trying to come up with an interior design. they are all so nice and getting nicer. just please keep touchscreen!!!
Old 10-18-05, 07:32 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have checked the preview 'headlight' pic against the frontal view of the LF-Sh rendering shown here, and they appear to match (but not exactly). There is speculation on the Edmunds board that LF-Sh is a hybrid model...

At first glance, I'm extremely pleased. This vehicle is not a GS or IS clone, and yet it incorporates lots of the best L-Finesse elements. Aggressive, sloped look that is mean and aggressive, sexy and sophisticated. Very beautiful front headlights. At the same time, the 'concept' shown here appears exceptionally close to production, the look is very handsome and refined, and still a tinge of the LS' trademark conservatism...but this is no ordinary 'bland' and 'boring' -- this seems to me to be mainstream finesse---beauty and brawn--put together in a very, very appealing way. The MOST appealing LS yet!!!! And one with a form more than ready to take on its competitiors, be they, BMW, Benz, or Bentley...this look is fantastic.

The vehicle has presence!!! Love the rims, the headlamps...The rear is MUCH better than I'd have expected. The exhaust vents look cool. This car has a 'lean and mean' look!!!
Old 10-18-05, 07:33 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Still doesn't have the LS name to it though so I am not gonna take it as 100% complete. For one, those headlights (although gorgeous) don't look like they're ready for the street yet. The name does imply that there WILL be a hybrid powertrain (little doubt about that) but I'm betting this will be close close close to the real thing. Bravo Lexus.

James
Old 10-18-05, 07:35 PM
Dynasty SC
Lead Lap

it looks pretty good... the only thing is that i dont like the rims...
Old 10-18-05, 07:45 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What I love: the aggressive grill, sharp looking headlights and chrome-accented fog lights (WOW!), chrome-accented integrated exhausts (WOW! WOW!!!), and cool wheels. I like the invisible line from headlight to chrome door handles to taillight, as well as the invisible line from fog light to the door chrome accents to exhausts.

What I don't like: chunky C-pillar, flat-and-boxy-butt-of-a-trunk, tiny "L" in rear, taillight design seems out of place, and the apparent rear bumber bulk (across the board with the IS and GS).

NICE!!!
Old 10-18-05, 07:56 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Looks hot! Seems like that magazine picture was dead on!
Old 10-18-05, 08:14 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by enigma354
The vehicle has presence!!! Love the rims, the headlamps...The rear is MUCH better than I'd have expected. The exhaust vents look cool. This car has a 'lean and mean' look!!!
so the exhaust is incorporated into the rear bumber? if so i like it its different
Old 10-18-05, 08:17 PM
Lvangundy

That's something that might be an LS?

Eeek, how far the design has strayed...

Looks cool, but would be more fitting for a GS.

Looks like a 5 SERIES!!!

Old 10-18-05, 08:19 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

I couldn't disagree more on the 5-series...ugh, the 5-series trunk looks like a hodgepodge attachement, there isn't flow or grace to the side silhouette. This design has it.

IMO this aggressive vehicle is more than ready to take on the S-class and other top-of-the-line luxury sedans!!!

Wonder what the drag coefficient on this design will be?
Old 10-18-05, 08:24 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

DAMN. This is very attractive. I love it. Any interior pics??

Man, cant wait to see what the other car forums think about this. "Looks like they copied(place favorite car here) once again". Or "Man, can they come up with anything original?!"
Old 10-18-05, 08:24 PM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Thank you guys...

I've been waiting for a real pic and these seem like the truth. I am so psyched. That little h means hybrid alright. It probably has a 4.6 V8 with an electric motor on the rear axle with about 440 HP. (best guess):

Last edited by Rockville; 10-19-05 at 04:39 PM. Reason: new info
Old 10-18-05, 08:32 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by magneto112
DAMN. This is very attractive. I love it. Any interior pics??
No word yet...hopefully tomorrow when the LF-Sh is available for public viewing!!! The rumors are flip-down entertainment monitors, seat recline with footrests, the works!

Old 10-18-05, 08:35 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Swap out the grille and the headlights, and I don't really see why this car wouldn't be nearly production ready. I hope the actual LS looks a lot like this, if not as identical as possible.
Old 10-18-05, 08:40 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Swap out the grille and the headlights, and I don't really see why this car wouldn't be nearly production ready. I hope the actual LS looks a lot like this, if not as identical as possible.
I think that's gonna be the case. I wouldn't mind swapping out the grille. First though, I think it is a GREAT grille....basically combining the L-Finesse grille look debuted on the GS and now IS, but instead of the darkened area with thin vertical slats, the LF-Sh retains the LS horizontal bars. Thus bordered by the L-Finesse grille, but with Lexus traditional LS bars (back to 1st gen revised grille!).

Where the grille looks 'concept' is in the design of the bars, which looks to me more 'James Bond shutters' (if you watch the Sean Connery films you know what I mean). I would like it if the grille bars were swapped out with traditional Lexus silver chrome bars. That would make this excellent design even more perfect.

Quick Reply: Official Toyko Auto show aka the Lexus TAKEOVER Thread (all pics, info, etc here)