Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Official Toyko Auto show aka the Lexus TAKEOVER Thread (all pics, info, etc here)

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-05, 08:58 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

damn it's been a while since i saw a car that i like from the beginning. if the new LS is anything close to this, i am liking it a lot!

though i am a bit partial to the taillights. kinda telling me es330, and also a bit 5/7 series
Old 10-18-05, 09:09 PM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
damn it's been a while since i saw a car that i like from the beginning. if the new LS is anything close to this, i am liking it a lot!

though i am a bit partial to the taillights. kinda telling me es330, and also a bit 5/7 series
I agree, mix between ES and 7-series.

Profile looks like IS profile till the trunk, which looks like ES profile b/c of the taillights.
Old 10-18-05, 09:18 PM
BlueIS05
Pit Crew

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

If this is the real deal, then wow! Love the taught, muscular, aggressive lines.
Old 10-18-05, 09:22 PM
NYlexus
Lead Lap

Loving the aggresive look I think the production model willl be VERY close to what we see here. Here's my gripe.....why does it remind me of the dreaded 5 series...especially the side profile.....i mean this....

But still looks like it could be a winner

Last edited by NYlexus; 10-18-05 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Godammit! i need spelling lessons!
Old 10-18-05, 09:26 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

WIth the 5-series I think of a body with disjointed tail (trunk lid and light especially). Plus the cabin looks like it extends out of the body.

By comparison, the LF-Sh trunk is integrated into the body, and the bonnet is sculpted out of the body. This is one truly flowing, sinuous car. the 5-series it is not, IMHO.

The 5-series' best attribute are the aggressive flame-styled headlights, and the overall body looks more Mercedes upright-ish than any other BMW. The LF-Sh is way hotter!!!

Last edited by encore888; 10-18-05 at 09:33 PM.
Old 10-18-05, 09:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

the 5 has a lot more lines imho. the lf-sh is a lot smoother in almost every way

i just hope people don't make it into a great deal bout "similar to this and that" again. it could be a little fun side talk, but personally i will stay at that.
Old 10-18-05, 09:30 PM
xioix
Racer

I like, and the pictures floating around were really close to this concept
Old 10-18-05, 09:33 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

BTW this is my photoshop comparison of all the models in L-Finesse thus far, with a stretched extrapolation of the LF-Sh.
Attached Thumbnails Official Toyko Auto show aka the Lexus TAKEOVER Thread (all pics, info, etc here)-lexus-l-finesse-lineup.jpg  

Last edited by encore888; 10-19-05 at 12:22 AM.
Old 10-18-05, 09:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

that is a great great PS there. i think it's a good little illustration of all the L-finesse series

to be honest, i am really really excited about the new LS!
Old 10-18-05, 09:40 PM
DrUnBiased
Pole Position

It looks like a very "safe" design. I was hoping for something more emotional and inspiring though. I'm also not digging the Mazda Millenia tailights.
Old 10-18-05, 09:44 PM
xioix
Racer

Originally Posted by DrUnBiased
It looks like a very "safe" design. I was hoping for something more emotional and inspiring though. I'm also not digging the Mazda Millenia tailights.
It's still the concept, you have to wait till see what it turns out to be, like how the lf-s turned into the New GS, and the lf-c turned into the New IS
Old 10-18-05, 09:50 PM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

Wow, 5 and LF-Sh side by side, I see what you guys are talking about.
Old 10-18-05, 10:08 PM
NYlexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
the 5 has a lot more lines imho. the lf-sh is a lot smoother in almost every way

i just hope people don't make it into a great deal bout "similar to this and that" again. it could be a little fun side talk, but personally i will stay at that.

believe me as an owner of a 3GS i got so irrerated by the comparisons with Altima, MAxima and half of the other cars in the industry..... i would NEVER start that I agree that the LS seems more refined and sculpted. The side rear view just kinda reminded me of the 5
Old 10-18-05, 10:20 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Sample of opinion on CSS and Edmunds finds positive reviews all around, with some people not as satisfied. But it appears that this New LS will give its competition serious run for the money. IMHO it totally outclasses the S-class in terms of looks...

Round 1: Exterior...largely complete Now that was a Lexus area that has been improving...now onto the reliable strengths...
Old 10-18-05, 10:22 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by NYlexus
believe me as an owner of a 3GS i got so irrerated by the comparisons with Altima, MAxima and half of the other cars in the industry..... i would NEVER start that I agree that the LS seems more refined and sculpted. The side rear view just kinda reminded me of the 5
that's the spirit. if we really trace it, god, all cars happen to have 4 wheels, some windows, and a frame...... that's why i am so tired of it and don't wanna see them here anymore. a lot of times they end up in locked threads anyway

just enjoy what we got here

Quick Reply: Official Toyko Auto show aka the Lexus TAKEOVER Thread (all pics, info, etc here)