Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Official Toyko Auto show aka the Lexus TAKEOVER Thread (all pics, info, etc here)

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-05, 12:29 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

As usual, the 'spies' claim credit for everything...but they do have lots of screengrabs of the LF-Sh vid, just like I made...now I don't have to do all the work! http://www.autospies.com/article/ind...&categoryId=21

And, Automobile Magazine has the first Google News-linked article, reviewing the LF-Sh vid...

http://automobilemag.com/auto_shows/...0511_lexus_ls/

Although it's not as voluptuous as its smaller siblings, its extensive use of convex and concave surfaces is far more interesting to look at than its predecessor. We suspect that the next LS will go on sale for the 2007 model year, and we expect to see the production car at an auto show in the first half of 2006.

Given Lexus's recent efforts with the GS and the IS, both of which are much sportier than their predecessors, we'd expect the new LS to offer a more rewarding driving experience than the outgoing car
Old 10-19-05, 12:44 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

how shameful it is of autospies.....

oh well.... i will continue to dream
Old 10-19-05, 02:27 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good to me.
Old 10-19-05, 03:19 AM
r4z0r3ck
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rear is very bmw 7ish... but nice nonetheless

Old 10-19-05, 06:41 AM
LexFather

Like I said in teh LS forum this car breaks new ground for the LS but is still conservative enough for loyal LS owners. I think its going to be all we expect and more. I bet the interior is RIDICULOUS!

Hybrid pwer to boot, why buy anything else?

Old 10-19-05, 06:58 AM
braheem
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

DID YOU GUYS SEE THIS??????????????????????????

V-10
Old 10-19-05, 07:15 AM
Erick G
Lexus Test Driver

I think they could of used a nicer color on the LS-h
that blue reminds me of the 07 jaguar XKR
Old 10-19-05, 07:55 AM
619brick
Driver School Candidate

Default Right you are

1SICKLEX hit it on the head. Lexus does not need to re-invent the wheel here, or the LS for that matter. They did exactly what was expected. They took a #1 automobile, injected it with steroids and style, (Finesse), and will put it back out on the market. Just watch what's going to happen to Merc and BMW when this hits the showroom.

Comparisons to BMW? Sure there are. Why not? They are the competition, and they sell cars that people want to drive. Everyone knows that BMW and Merc cannot, and will not , make a reliable car in their existence, and coupled with what we are all speculating the interior to be like.......forget about it. Game over. The sales figures are going to be absolutely staggering.

Great job guys!
Old 10-19-05, 08:49 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

AutoSpies came up with something new for once...the first real-life photo of the LF-Sh!
Old 10-19-05, 09:00 AM
Erick G
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
AutoSpies came up with something new for once...the first real-life photo of the LF-Sh!
Actually they didnt.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...101900373.html
autolies likes to steal stuff and claim it as their own
Old 10-19-05, 09:04 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Erick G
Actually they didnt.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...101900373.html
autolies likes to steal stuff and claim it as their own
Doh! I should've known better.
Old 10-19-05, 09:33 AM
saleem
Pole Position

Cmon now, where is the toyota/lexus press conference video ? my350z.com landed the nissan press conference video footage stream . Someone hustle to find it they gotta have the toyota/lexus press video somewhere on the web .
Old 10-19-05, 09:49 AM
Bluesman2
Driver

Default LS intro.

Originally Posted by saleem
Cmon now, where is the toyota/lexus press conference video ? my350z.com landed the nissan press conference video footage stream . Someone hustle to find it they gotta have the toyota/lexus press video somewhere on the web .
The best info. is on the Lexus show site.

http://lexus.jp/ms/
Old 10-19-05, 10:57 AM
jrock65
Lexus Test Driver

Isn't the ES350 coming out before the LS460? Wonder why they didn't show the new ES?
Old 10-19-05, 11:20 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Coverage from MPH:
http://www.mph-online.com/web/news/00132

First Look at Toyota's new Lexus LF-SH at Tokyo Motor Show
By Shinya Ajima, Kyodo News International, Tokyo

Oct. 19--CHIBA -- Toyota Motor Corp. took the wraps off a new line of models for its Lexus luxury brand Wednesday at the media preview of the 39th Tokyo Motor Show.

The high-end models include the concept hybrid sedan LF-Sh.

Details of the model, the most luxurious in the series and expected to cost over 10 million yen (about $86,000), had been kept secret before the show.

"This is a concept vehicle that can provide a glimpse of our future," said Takeshi Yoshida, a senior Lexus executive. With it, Toyota is proposing "how premium cars should be," he said.

Also among the lineup was the GS450h passenger vehicle with the world's first hybrid system developed for front-engine, rear-wheel-drive layouts, Toyota said. It plans to start selling the model in Japan, Europe and the United States next spring at the earliest.

The LF-A is a premium two-seater sports car, carrying a newly developed, high-output V10 engine. The model will open "the doors to Lexus' world of passionate driving," the automaker said.

Toyota introduced Lexus brand cars across Japan in August after their successful launches in more than 60 countries.

Other Japanese carmakers also have luxury brands, for instance Honda Motor Co. has its Acura and Nissan Motor Co. has its Infiniti.

But they are marketing them overseas only.

Toyota's initiative is expected to intensify competition in Japan's luxury car market, which has been mostly dominated by European models such as Mercedes-Benz, BMW and Audi.
Attached Thumbnails Official Toyko Auto show aka the Lexus TAKEOVER Thread (all pics, info, etc here)-lf-sh.jpg  

Quick Reply: Official Toyko Auto show aka the Lexus TAKEOVER Thread (all pics, info, etc here)