Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Official Toyko Auto show aka the Lexus TAKEOVER Thread (all pics, info, etc here)

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-05, 11:25 AM
LexFather

Man, I hate to say it, but I am FEELING the new LS. I like it b/c it is sportier looking than before but not crazy looking. I like the fact you can see how the LS has progressed since 1989.

I was expecting to be let down with this car. This concept is looking good. Since its not as conceptish as the LF-S, I expect this to be pretty close to the actual production model.

Any pics of the interior yet?
Also, do ya'll see the resemblence in the front to the LF-A? I think that car really might be coming too

Old 10-19-05, 11:31 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Wow! This new LS is aaaamazing

We just need interior pictures.
Old 10-19-05, 12:40 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Big thanks goes to our friends from MBWorld.org
Old 10-19-05, 12:40 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Man, I hate to say it, but I am FEELING the new LS. I like it b/c it is sportier looking than before but not crazy looking. I like the fact you can see how the LS has progressed since 1989.
Mission accomplished!!!

I think the car is great...yes some say it's not radical enough, but Lexus is not about radical changes...it's about significant changes, but an evolutionary approach. This LF-Sh, new LS, is simply stunning....for all the right reasons!
Old 10-19-05, 12:52 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vladi
Big thanks goes to our friends from MBWorld.org
Looks great in real life too. Thanks for the pics!
Old 10-19-05, 12:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

mike, you are slow!

as soon i saw the pics yesterday night i fell in love already, this car looks so damn good to me i can't wait

i love the fact that it's even more sportier now, that's a damn right decision by lexus!

i didn't even have close to the same kind of feeling when i saw the new GS and new IS (and still don't), but the new LS
Old 10-19-05, 01:06 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
i didn't even have close to the same kind of feeling when i saw the new GS and new IS (and still don't), but the new LS
Same here...when I first saw the GS, it was cool but different...it took a while getting used to but now I love it (especially the front). As for the IS, when I first saw it I was quite pleased, although not quite sure about some of the surface details...but now it looks great too.

As for the LS, when I first saw the pics, I thought...hmm, need to see the side profile!! (first saw the front pic, which was good). With the side profile, my first thought was, I like it! And I like it even more now.
Old 10-19-05, 03:22 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Coverage from thecarconnection.com:
http://www.thecarconnection.com/Auto...291.A9483.html

Lexus LF-Sh

By all official accounts, the Lexus sedan shown on the stands at this year's Tokyo Motor Show is a concept. But with its softer, prettier shape sharing so much in common with the new IS and GS sedans, it's hard to imagine the LF-Sh concept being anything but a production-ready version of the next LS sedan. Beneath its comely skin, the LF-Sh bears a V-8 engine mated to a hybrid motor system to produce "an acceleration feeling of a different dimension," as executives describe it. The hybrid powertrain is capable of providing all-wheel drive. The concept LF-Sh is 199.2 inches long, with a 116.9-inch wheelbase-roughly two inches and one inch longer than the current LS 430. Toyota may be working on a new transmission with seven speeds for the production version of the LF-Sh, along with a lane-departure warning system and an updated version of its night-vision system.

Damn someone see thru those tinted windows pleeeaaase!!
Old 10-19-05, 03:26 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Cool exhausts
Old 10-19-05, 03:56 PM
lexusls430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love it im also loving the rims and dunlop tires on it..
Old 10-19-05, 07:02 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

No interior pics? Anyone seen any more Japanese sites, since they seem to have more info from Tokyo?

I've looked at these:

http://techon.nikkeibp.co.jp/article...051019/109809/

http://www.auto-g.jp/special/2005_10.../06/index.html
Old 10-19-05, 07:18 PM
Order66
Rookie

Is there still supposed to be a debut of the next ES at the Tokyo show?

Looks like the LS won't be up for sale and I thought the new ES was to be released in the spring.
Old 10-19-05, 07:20 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

There doesn't look to be an ES debut at Tokyo, prolly it will occur at/near the time the Camry is released. The Lexus Tokyo Show site lists the LF-Sh as the star attraction, next to LF-A and GS 450h...no other debuts are indicated.
Old 10-19-05, 10:29 PM
AgentWD-40
Driver

They hit the nail on the head with that car. It really has presence. I'm diggin the long low roof look. I don't like the tall bubble roof and tall side glass of the 7 series. Audi is the only company that can pull off rounded roofs, so I'm glad Lexus stayed away from that.
Old 10-20-05, 08:57 AM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Not sure about the air intake and exhaust ports

The front end of this LSh concept is stunning and has a unique expression on its face. There doesn't seem to be much breathing room in the grille. There does seem some consideration for ventilating the brakes. Overall shape is an impressive Lexus Finesse masterpiece.

My concern is that the exhaust ports in the rear bumper would blacken from use but maybe this car burns so clean that there won't be any soot to worry about....

I was talking to my rep yesterday and he confirmed the long wheelbase version will be fully equipped inside with footrests in the back seat and monitors. It should be a 7 inch stretch over the normal wheelbase. This hybrid is supposed to arrive in the Spring of '07 sporting 440 HP.

Rock

Quick Reply: Official Toyko Auto show aka the Lexus TAKEOVER Thread (all pics, info, etc here)