Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

AWD GS300 Service Loaners?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-05, 10:58 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

why would you wanna wash your car at the dealership? when you could just wash it at home...seems kinda weird
Old 10-17-05, 09:18 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by tuddy
why would you wanna wash your car at the dealership? when you could just wash it at home...seems kinda weird
I can't do it indoors in winter at home like at the dealership.
Anyhow, I'm not going to go on with this subject....we've been through it enough. There are more important things to discuss....especially considering that not many people feel this is a big issue.
Old 10-17-05, 11:05 AM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i apologize if that came out the wrong way...i was just in a bad mood

i understand what your saying though..everyone has there ways
Old 10-17-05, 02:58 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by tuddy
i apologize if that came out the wrong way...i was just in a bad mood

i understand what your saying though..everyone has there ways
No problem, chief

Just one of my pet peeves as well. Now on to another subject.
Old 10-17-05, 04:46 PM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! Does anybody have a nice funny graphic for a "highjacked thread alert"?!

Seriously, does no one want to talk about the possible implications of the brand-new, first-ever-AWD-Lexus-sedan being used as a service loaner?

Now on to questions people have asked me over the course of this thread. I have found Pohanka service to be on par with other good dealerships I have used (remember that I'm military so I move a lot, and consequently I deal with lots of dealerships). The Lexus service is nominally better than the Acura service, but I'd have plenty of suggestions for both service managers were they to ask.

I disagree that the TSX doesn't have enough engine. Instead, I was quite impressed by the pep of the 4-banger at both stoplights and highway speeds. And the brushed metal interior works on that car, IMO, while I agree that on some others it comes across cheesy or cheap. For the price, the TSX really is a pretty unbeatable bargain (my opinion of the MDX as well, by the way). You can search for an earlier thread I posted about my impressions sitting in a new RL, however, for a slightly different opinion. While I still feel the new RL is a solid contender and a bargain, I definitely noticed short-cuts and cost-saving measures in the design and execution of the interior.

Not to sound like a snob, but after sitting in a GS I now know what a car interior is SUPPOSED to be like. Even the loaner ES330's and RX330's I have had are not totally up to snuff, and I posted another thread about how I sat in the driver's seat of an LS430 and found the placement of controls illogical and confusing. It's just my clearly biased opinion, but I feel that the 2nd gen GS is darn close to a PERFECTLY executed interior design.
Old 10-17-05, 05:11 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

OK, Ice......here's your thread back:

Yes...I agree. A GS300 is a pretty nice service loaner. Like I said earlier, Kevin and Co. there in service are generally pretty nice to their customers. They always treated me well.

Now...for the car itself. Rather than repeat a long opinion of it, I'll just re-post my long review of it that I did last March when it was first introduced.......my opinion of the car has not changed in the meantime:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ight=AWD+GS300

Last edited by mmarshall; 10-17-05 at 05:16 PM.