Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Guy gets burnt on Lamborghini transaction (he's now posting in this thread!, welcome!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-05, 12:40 PM
yellowmurc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Everyone! I am the brain surgeon who bought the Lambo - to make a long story short - yes i was to trusting and no i didnt have the time to go look at the car - i buy alot of exotics and usually deal with reputable people - when I sent them that condiiton report I thought they would tell the truth when they filled it out - looks like i was wrong! What more can i say - i did see the car when i went to pay the balance and should have not taken delivery but I knew that this guy wasnt goign to pony up my $150k deposit - and the only reason he got that much was cause I sold my spider and the buyer wired him the money - again - big mistake - i bought 3 other cars since then and havent had any trouble - and i dont take offense to the title of the thread i am a big boy - lol - thanks again for the comments and the support - i know i am not getting money from this guy but am happy to know that i can warn people about him....
Old 10-21-05, 12:47 PM
yellowmurc
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mikal
Since the link was posted.. I'm sure he can find this thread without a problem.

All he needs to do is check his weblogs on referals and it'll show how many times his site was accessed from this thread.

How do I do that?
Old 10-21-05, 12:48 PM
Leets
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yellowmurc
Hello Everyone! I am the brain surgeon who bought the Lambo - to make a long story short - yes i was to trusting and no i didnt have the time to go look at the car - i buy alot of exotics and usually deal with reputable people - when I sent them that condiiton report I thought they would tell the truth when they filled it out - looks like i was wrong! What more can i say - i did see the car when i went to pay the balance and should have not taken delivery but I knew that this guy wasnt goign to pony up my $150k deposit - and the only reason he got that much was cause I sold my spider and the buyer wired him the money - again - big mistake - i bought 3 other cars since then and havent had any trouble - and i dont take offense to the title of the thread i am a big boy - lol - thanks again for the comments and the support - i know i am not getting money from this guy but am happy to know that i can warn people about him....
Well, I for one think you're doing everyone a service for exposing scammers for who they are. I doubt there's a single person on here who hasn't been fooled at least once their life, be it with money or otherwise. We all make mistakes, but we should all hope that basic morals were more prevelant in society. Who's worse, the guy who falters and makes an unwise financial decision, or the guy who goes through the trouble to rip someone off to begin with. I just hope the "dealers" get what's coming to them.
Old 10-21-05, 12:52 PM
yellowmurc
Driver School Candidate

thank you very much I have gotten a ton of support from people!
Old 10-21-05, 01:05 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Well I think you have the majority of the peoples support on CL. Welcome aboard, even though it may be for a little bit.

***Edit***

Also, Im pretty sure that if you ever want to buy another Exotic from Florida, there are plenty of volunteers on this board!! I claim dibs! Im willing to drive all over Florida and give you my Gods honest opinion for just a few sweet seconds with ANY Exotic!

Seriously....
Old 10-21-05, 01:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i just spent some time to read over everything.

first of all, yes, i am sure you have your lesson learned. but aside from that i really have to give props and credit to you for posting up your misfortune, and also warn people about it. you put things very well, together with all the evidence and such to show what's going on.

i agree with leets that you are doing everyone here a big favor. it's really great that you dont' hide what most think is a "dumb" act by you, but instead tell people about it and warn them

and of course, bittersweet, it's good that you were able to absorb the cost and get yourself a ride you like
Old 10-21-05, 01:25 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh ****** man!!!

I live in Fort Lauderdale and I know about these guys. I also know about Prestige down in Miami and their personel. The fact is that Prestige changes personel very often and I know few of them that left the place for different reasons. I know one Lambo mechanic that used to be with them. Not a best place to work or buy to say at least.

One other place you need to be careful is Fort Lauderdale Collection. We were looking at some SL500s and they were literally falling apart. As we tried the car, the freakin side view mirror fell off while I tried to adjust it. Salesperson tried to say that sometimes happens and that he will take care of it !?! I heard that before.
That was about a year ago. I don't know if that was the isolated incident or that's how they do business but I am sure I am not going back there ever again.

Sorry to hear that you got scammed that bad!!
Old 10-21-05, 01:38 PM
carnal_c30
Lexus Test Driver

personally I think scammers make the best money off of high end cars, because so many people who buy them don't have the same knowledge about them as maybe other more normal cars. I can tell you straight off the bat when my Lexus was in an accident, had problems, or other peoples cars as well but once you move up into the realm of exotics its harder to pick out default and things like that... if the salesman told me the blinking light would go off I'd believe him because they have more experience with cars like that than I do

and alot of people who buy a token ferrari or lambo don't have any knowledge about them and cant tell that the previous owner spun on the freeway and did some impressive damage to the car, now this was more of a collector here and thats why he caught these problems, and realized it was unacceptable and not 'just part of owning an exotic'

if I was a nickel & dimer, I'd much rather be in the business of selling rebuilt, damaged, not 100% exotics, especially in a place like Florida, Las Vegas, or LA...

Personally if I was buying a lambo for 200k I really wouldnt feel the need to inspect it you know? at that price you assume everything is in excellent condition, especially with that the ad says. Reputation is key, I guess its a good lesson, lets hope you get them back, because it just doesnt help to have people like that in any industry
Old 10-21-05, 01:51 PM
yellowmurc
Driver School Candidate

thats exactly how i felt!
Old 10-21-05, 05:25 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hey whats up iam the one who emailed you about this thread glad to see you found it
Old 10-21-05, 05:26 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Originally Posted by Stage3
Well I think you have the majority of the peoples support on CL. Welcome aboard, even though it may be for a little bit.

***Edit***

Also, Im pretty sure that if you ever want to buy another Exotic from Florida, there are plenty of volunteers on this board!! I claim dibs! Im willing to drive all over Florida and give you my Gods honest opinion for just a few sweet seconds with ANY Exotic!

Seriously....
sorry bro that job is already mine
Old 10-21-05, 08:00 PM
yellowmurc
Driver School Candidate

hahaahhaah thanks! i wish i had this many volunteers before!
Old 10-22-05, 09:21 AM
LexFather

Welcome to Clublexus

I didn't see how this was your fault, those guys should be blindfolded and shot. They ripped you off and probably countless other people and get away with it. Glad to see you standing up to them and trying to get something done about it.

I hope u informed Lambo chat and Ferrari chat forums and get your car THE WAY it should be.

Sigh, That is one of my dream cars

Old 10-22-05, 08:55 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
While it is a VERY VERY VERY good idea to inspect what you purchase, we cannot lay blame on the guy totally because we must focus attention on this horrible place that is ripping people off on cars.

I
I'm with O.L.T. on this one...and I spend a good amount of time myself inspecting potential purchase cars for other people. You got to LOOK at what you are buying, but that is no excuse for crooks.

While I know that it happens, I can't understand how people can operate this way. It literally makes me shudder. My own conscience, sense of morality, and fear of God is such that I couldn't sleep at night knowing that I cheated someone out of a candy bar or a can of soda.......much less a six-figure priced vehicle.
Old 10-22-05, 09:29 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

hahaahhaah thanks! i wish i had this many volunteers before!
hey guys i was promised a ride

nanna nanna boo boo