Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Jeremy Clarkson on the Lexus RX 400h

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-05, 09:22 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by jet864
Clarkson sounds like he's riding on his own name now. Just like anyone that gets their foot in the door of the public, they feel like they can all of the sudden tell everybody about their politics and personal opinions when it's NOT part of their job. I don't go to a Home Depot and ask for financial advice and I don't read car reviews to hear about how the "Lib Dems" are screwing everything up on that great little island over there.

Your show is funny and a source of entertainment Clarkson and I try to give you a chance but as much as I try, I can not take you seriously. I know I know, nobody made me read it and so on which is absolutely true, and from now on, I don't plan on reading the junk he writes.

James
well, aside from politics, Clarkson got few things wrong in his article... like he is comparing MPG's to 4cly turbo diesel which goes 0-60 in 12 seconds (XC90), which he probably get 5% better MPG's. Or that maintainance of RX400h is harder on the checkbook than diesel (and it is opposite) - when you dont service electric components at all.

Old school guys dont even care to learn about hybrids enough to write about them....
Old 10-24-05, 12:51 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've known Clarkson was a total toolbox... ah forget the toolbox... that fool works at HOME DEPOT!!!
Old 10-24-05, 02:10 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

So now all his car articles are all of the sudden worthless after he talked about Katrina? He’s had this same style for years, and everyone loved him, now that he’s talked about how Americans reacted in the aftermath of the Hurricane, and now bashing a Lexus product, he’s all of the sudden a tool?

You guys all laugh and think he's got the nail on the head when he goes round and round with his BMW bashing, and every once in a while with Mercs, but now he's a complete tool when reviewing a Lexus

Nothing in his defense, but come on.

Last edited by GRAND_LS 4; 10-24-05 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-24-05, 05:25 PM
LexusLuver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i never liked him, like that simon fellow
glad they cancelled the show, Americans don't need to listen to him
Old 10-24-05, 05:48 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GRAND_LS 4
So now all his car articles are all of the sudden worthless after he talked about Katrina? He’s had this same style for years, and everyone loved him, now that he’s talked about how Americans reacted in the aftermath of the Hurricane, and now bashing a Lexus product, he’s all of the sudden a tool?

You guys all laugh and think he's got the nail on the head when he goes round and round with his BMW bashing, and every once in a while with Mercs, but now he's a complete tool when reviewing a Lexus

I didn't even know who he was until a few years ago and when TG did that crap episode on the C6 (staged drag race anyone?) I lost A LOT of faith in that camp. Like I've said before, the show is good for entertainment. His solo articles are a pretty new thing to me and they never caught on (I thought the RS4 and new M5 weren't very good "automotive reviews".

James
Old 10-24-05, 06:36 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by GRAND_LS 4

It's not what he said about either BMW or Lexus that got him in hot water...it is what he said about Americans and Katrina.