Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

First Drive: 2006 Hyundai Azera

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-05, 07:29 PM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

saw one of these suckers in Laguna Beach past weekend.

looked very korean...and slightly out of place there (for obvious reasons)

but it's a nice looking car.
Old 10-26-05, 08:03 PM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are we looking at pictures of the same car? The car I see is already 10 years old in exterior styling with cheaper-than-GM-quality interior materials to boot.

I just got my eyes checked a couple months ago. Maybe I'll see my optometrist next week...
Old 10-26-05, 08:23 PM
Variance
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Incendiary
Are we looking at pictures of the same car? The car I see is already 10 years old in exterior styling with cheaper-than-GM-quality interior materials to boot.

I just got my eyes checked a couple months ago. Maybe I'll see my optometrist next week...
You can't really judge material quality by just looking at it. Besides, the reviewer states:

The Azera's center stack is clean and elegant with wood and aluminum trim galore, and there's no cheap plastic to be found. Instead, quality touches like a thick headliner, fabric-wrapped door pillars and triple door seals help the Azera envelope passengers in quiet comfort. Contrast stitching along the soft leather seat covers help to increase the Azera's style quotient.
It's one of those things you have to experience for yourself.
Old 10-26-05, 10:58 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusLuver
GM
Toyota
Ford
DCX
Renault/Nissan
VW
Honda

they can't be the 6th largest automotive nameplate?
Actually Toyota is larger than all of those I think... what you're quoting is SALES... and that is NOT how big a company is nor how successful it is (not completely anyway).
Old 11-22-05, 10:47 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts
Default Hyundai Announces 2006 Azera Pricing

FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., Nov. 22, 2005 -- Hyundai Motor America announced pricing today for the flagship 2006 Hyundai Azera. With segment-leading standard safety technologies including Electronic Stability Control (ESC) and eight airbags, premium convenience features, an all-new 3.8-liter 263 horsepower V6 that delivers 28 miles per gallon on the highway and more interior space than the Mercedes S-Class and BMW 760i, the Azera may be the most car for the money ever.

2006 Hyundai Azera Pricing:
- Azera SE - $24,995 (freight included)*
- Azera Limited - $27,495 (freight included)*
- Azera Limited with Ultimate Package - $29,995 (freight included)*

"The all-new Azera takes luxury appointments and personal comfort and makes them genuinely affordable," says Robert Cosmai, president and CEO of Hyundai Motor America. "Azera is designed to take on Toyota Avalon, Nissan Maxima, and other large premium sedans with an unbeatable combination of power, interior roominess, upscale features, and segment-leading standard safety technologies, like eight airbags and Electronic Stability Control, all for under $25,000."

The Azera's 3.8-liter engine is the largest in its competitive set, offering more standard horsepower than Ford Five Hundred and the Buick LaCrosse, and more torque than the Toyota Avalon. The Azera is faster in the sprint to 60 mph than the BMW 530i and Mercedes-Benz S430. Azera also has more standard safety features than Toyota Avalon or Nissan Maxima -- including 8 standard airbags and standard Electronic Stability Control.

AZERA SE

The Azera SE is an upscale, stylish large sedan designed for consumers who are interested in a unique combination of spaciousness, performance, and safety technologies. It includes an impressive range of standard features that give it a competitive edge, including a powerful 3.8-liter DOHC V6 engine with 263 horsepower, a smooth-shifting five-speed automatic transmission with SHIFTRONIC(R) manual control, standard Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with Traction Control System (TCS), eight airbags, active front head restraints and a six-speaker AM/FM/CD audio system with MP3 capability. Upscale features include LED tail and brake lamps, auto dimming inside rearview mirror with HomeLink(R), power driver and passenger seats, and automatic headlight controls. Available options include a power sunroof, premium 10-speaker (in eight locations) Infinity(R) audio system with an in-dash CD changer and heated front seats. EPA ratings for all Azera models are 19 miles per gallon city, 28 highway.

AZERA LIMITED

A truly impressive array of standard features and amenities define the prestigious Azera Limited. Additional standard features include 17-inch 10-spoke alloy wheels with 235/55VR17 tires, leather-trimmed seating, heated front seats, an electroluminescent gauge cluster, power rear sunshade, and other upgrades. The Limited also has steering-wheel wood trim and bumper moldings with chrome-inserts.

AZERA LIMITED with ULTIMATE PACKAGE

The Ultimate Package defines Hyundai's flagship Azera offering. This package adds a 10-speaker Infinity audio system with subwoofer and an in-dash 6-disc CD changer, power sunroof, power adjustable tilt-and-telescopic steering column, integrated memory system, power-adjustable foot pedals, rain-sensing wipers and power folding side mirrors.

WARRANTY

The all-new 2006 Hyundai Azera is protected by the Hyundai Advantage, America's Best Warranty(TM). Coverage includes five-year/60,000-mile bumper-to-bumper protection, 10-year/100,000-mile limited powertrain warranty, five-year/unlimited mileage roadside assistance and seven-year/unlimited mileage anti-perforation coverage. In addition, Azera buyers receive 24-hour roadside assistance coverage at no extra charge for five years (no mileage limit) that includes emergency towing, lockout service and limited coverage for trip-interruption expenses. There is no deductible on any of these coverages.

Hyundai Motor America, headquartered in Fountain Valley, Calif., is a subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Company of Korea. Hyundai cars and sport utility vehicles are distributed in the U.S. by Hyundai Motor America and are sold and serviced by more than 670 dealers throughout the nation.

* All prices include freight of $660.

source : theautochannel