Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

What should I get in place of my SC300?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-05, 01:33 AM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by indelible
I'm 19 and they bought the car for me, so far I only have a bit less than 10k to my name, I'd probably use it as the down payment on the car and my parents may or may not pay the rest. I'm a full time college student and I work 20 hrs/week, making 750/month, so I'll probably need some help. As for mods, I really don't want to spend money on the SC if I'm going to get a newer car, I'd rather put the money into the new one. My motor has so many miles on it, I don't know how well it would handle a turbo.

Can you drive the stock sc300 at full capacity? Do you ahve any track or racing experience? So many people jump into the mod gun when they havent explored the limits of their stock car. It shows when they show up to their first autox with a very fast modded car only to be badly beaten by middle aged lady driving her stock Mini Cooper! (driving it extremely well though as shes an experienced driver.... and might had of hand with course setup...) Not to mention that those people dont even stand a chance to the regulars at the higher end classes.

Then theres the whole thinking that people wont get into that until they have.. a fast car.. which is.. well the hard way to go about learning how to drive fast. You dont need to spend money on mods or in a newer faster car to have fun, you can start your fun now!

Have you spent your money on the most important upgrade of them all by far? Driving skills? Your faster car will only be as fast as youre able to drive it! Unless you been there and more then familiar with yourcurrent limits (and possibly bored at this point.) Then disregard this post.