Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: 06 GS430 or 06 M45
06 GS 430 loaded
67.33%
06 M45 loaded
32.67%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

06 GS 430 or 06 M45

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-05, 04:00 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by G35_TX
Hard to say. Probably at least 1 Infinit per enterprise maybe.
So, how many Enterprise car rental in U.S? Those sales to the fleet like Enterprise will add up as the sales volume. You went from facts to MAY BE on the sales figure...

I think Infinity need to spend some money on the Test drive event just like Lexus does so the customers can drive the competitor cars at the same course and compare them. I know Lexus probably spend million on every city they do the Test Drive Event. I think it's good for customers to compare the cars, educated, have funs and save times just in one stop at the TD.

I think the M is a great car. You may need to go test drive both cars. The best way is ask to drive both cars for over the weekend at the same road and same condition. You can't go wrong with either car.
Old 10-30-05, 04:52 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by VVT-i
I think Infinity need to spend some money on the Test drive event just like Lexus does
Right now, Infiniti doesn't HAVE the money Lexus does....in spite of Infiniti introducing several new or redesigned models lately.

Renault's money ( and cost-cutting.....sometimes to excess, as in the interiors ) has saved Nissan and Infiniti from the chopping block but, money-wise, they've got a long way to go to catch up with Toyota / Lexus.
Old 10-30-05, 06:01 PM
Lexy GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow these are some great thoughts, and opinions i really appreacite it. When a brand decides to sale their cars to a rental company i think it hurts the brands image great points u guys. I think even though the M45 has alot of options for the money i'm just goin to stick with the GS430.
One point i wanted to point out is that the more i look at the new GS430 the more i really really like it, so there i said it.
Old 10-30-05, 06:15 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Lexy GS430
Wow these are some great thoughts, and opinions i really appreacite it. When a brand decides to sale their cars to a rental company i think it hurts the brands image great points u guys. I think even though the M45 has alot of options for the money i'm just goin to stick with the GS430.
One point i wanted to point out is that the more i look at the new GS430 the more i really really like it, so there i said it.
No other car on the planet comes close to this front end, so original, I was ho-hum over the GS but after driving it again and seeing it again at the Taste of Luxury, what a car.

Old 10-30-05, 06:22 PM
Lexy GS430
Lexus Test Driver

I agree with you 1sicklex the 06 GS is sooooooo original in every way with no ques of tryin to look like someone else. I trully love the L finesse design.
Old 10-30-05, 08:19 PM
Variance
Driver

I don't see how being available as a rental takes away from a car...but whatever.
Old 10-31-05, 01:10 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by G35_TX
Hard to say. Probably at least 1 Infinit per enterprise maybe.
There are several thousand ERAC locations out there. There are some Infiniti dealerships here in SoCal with Enterprise in house. The one particular location by my work carries a minimum of 20 G35s and 15 FX35s.
Old 10-31-05, 05:15 AM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

I'm not sure what the relevance of the Enterprise thing is? Did someone decide it was bad for a company to do fleet sales? I'm just confused - you can rent Porsches around here and I'm pretty sure it doesn't hurt their brand image.
Old 10-31-05, 11:22 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=1SICKLEX]No other car on the planet comes close to this front end, so original, I was ho-hum over the GS but after driving it again and seeing it again at the Taste of Luxury, what a car.

I know a lot of people will disagree with me but it's the front end that I have the most problem with. It's not ugly, by no means. It just doesn't flow well enough for me. The sharp crease surrounding the headlight doesn't flow with the design theme of the car. The headlights are also set back close to the sides of the car, like one of those ugly dogs with the bug-like eyes on the side of their head. Also don't like that chrome stip at the bottom of the doors. I mean, what is that? What's it for? Were they trying to copy a Continental GT? Well, it doesn't work on the GS.

These are petty items, I agree the car looks sweet but it could have been in another stratosphere.
Old 10-31-05, 03:57 PM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

[QUOTE=reggiek]
Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Also don't like that chrome stip at the bottom of the doors. I mean, what is that? What's it for? Were they trying to copy a Continental GT? Well, it doesn't work on the GS.
This is my biggest problem with the car's aesthetics. It simply breaks up the lines which flow so smoothly otherwise. Then again, I used to hate the "bug eye" rear lamps on the 2nd gen GS which definitely grew on me over time. Maybe that funky chrome strip will, too.
Old 10-31-05, 06:27 PM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

[QUOTE=reggiek]
Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
No other car on the planet comes close to this front end, so original, I was ho-hum over the GS but after driving it again and seeing it again at the Taste of Luxury, what a car.

I know a lot of people will disagree with me but it's the front end that I have the most problem with. It's not ugly, by no means. It just doesn't flow well enough for me. The sharp crease surrounding the headlight doesn't flow with the design theme of the car. The headlights are also set back close to the sides of the car, like one of those ugly dogs with the bug-like eyes on the side of their head. Also don't like that chrome stip at the bottom of the doors. I mean, what is that? What's it for? Were they trying to copy a Continental GT? Well, it doesn't work on the GS.

These are petty items, I agree the car looks sweet but it could have been in another stratosphere.
I agree, especially since this car just looks MEAN.

Old 10-31-05, 06:54 PM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

Needs a drop.

I love those wheels, though.

(for the record I like the new GS look a lot. Ilike the M a lot too, though. Great post picus, lots of good info... for me)
Old 10-31-05, 09:11 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

[QUOTE=G35_TX]
Originally Posted by reggiek

I agree, especially since this car just looks MEAN.

If I were ever to venture to the Nissan side...I would definitely get the M45 in that package. The regular ones...not as dramatic looking. Kinda like a rental car grade Altima 2.5L.
Old 11-01-05, 07:03 PM
jrock65
Lexus Test Driver

I do quite a bit of business trips, and I've seen some G35's and FX35's on rental lots. Haven't seen any M though. The Japanese car that I see the most on rental lots are Camrys by far. Not that many Altimas and rarely ever any Accords.

Regarding the GS, hate the front end, love the side profile.

Regarding the M, love the front end and the vehicle overall is good looking. However, it could use some more styling differentiation from the Altima and the Maxima.

Regarding resale, I do think that the M will hold value slightly better than the GS, although both will be pretty good. This is based on residual values of the M and excellent resale values of the recent Infinitis (the G and the FX). However, as mentioned before, we won't really know for sure until at least 2 or 3 years down the line.
Old 11-01-05, 07:29 PM
LexFather

Talking

Its amazing to see the difference in Aftermarket support and the way the GS seems to cater to a younger audience (though some would have u believe Lexus is for people passing 90 years old).
Just looking at our GS modification thread, the aftermarket is quick to jump on and provide and members are quick to add rims and drop the cars and add whatever they can. The M, all I've seen are Nissan Fuga parts (since its a Nissan) and some carbon fiber stickers.
Another modded GS, this one at SEMA

ALTEZZAS!!!

Quick Reply: 06 GS 430 or 06 M45