Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Paint Future Color Trends

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-05, 03:44 PM
440+6
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They need to bring back panther pink...

even though its costly and matinence is a *****, I wish more factory cars came with candy colors maybe and a better way to paint without so much orange peel should be primary focus factory paint jobs are so horrid
Old 10-28-05, 03:47 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 440+6

even though its costly and matinence is a *****, I wish more factory cars came with candy colors maybe and a better way to paint without so much orange peel should be primary focus factory paint jobs are so horrid
How about just painting it orange? Worry-free maintanence for ya.
Old 10-28-05, 07:11 PM
saleem
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TLW
thoughts on the color ..copper
man your sig is psycho whats up with that woman ?
Old 10-29-05, 03:34 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by 440+6

Domestic manufacturers seem to have more problems with orange-peel than foreign ones....why, I don't know. Look at the paint on a Lexus, Acura, Subaru, Toyota, Honda, Audi, or Mercedes and it is just mirror-smooth. Look at the paint on the typical Ford or Chrysler product and it has more orange peel on it than a Florida grove.

Now..as far as pink goes, it was a popular color in the mid-late 1950's.....sometimes in two and even three-tone combinations.....and although I don't agree with image and stereotyping, that color today is considered feminine and would not appeal to most males. Today it is generally reserved for the Mary Kay Cosmetics vehicles ( a pinkish-tan color) and sometimes seen in pinkish-silver or pinkish-coral hues, ( a good example was the Ford Probe ) but admittedly is not widespread.
Old 10-30-05, 02:40 PM
440+6
Rookie

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Domestic manufacturers seem to have more problems with orange-peel than foreign ones....why, I don't know. Look at the paint on a Lexus, Acura, Subaru, Toyota, Honda, Audi, or Mercedes and it is just mirror-smooth. Look at the paint on the typical Ford or Chrysler product and it has more orange peel on it than a Florida grove.
Now that I think about it though, the location, which will effect spraying laws and climate. Might also just be luck of the draw because I see varying differences in the same make and model.