Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

reliability -- toyota is on.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-05, 05:10 PM
NYlexus
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As expected....i mean thats why TOYOTA/LEXUS is at the top of thier game where they should be ....let me ask you guys a question...this may or may not directly refer to this particular post but it is related.

I am a LEXUS fan. I love the brand, the value, reliability and service. So this does not change anything for me BUT there are ppl out there (like some at my work) that i swear if I forwarded this info to them they STILL will run out to buy a MB, BMW and other "unreliable" cars because they dont care about these rankings or surveys. I dont get it!

I understand sometimes you buy cars like the MB and BMW to show "you have made it" and you are the top tier but i still dont get it. Even myself i think that when I am at a certain point in my life...i would definately go for a MBenz or a Beamer (there is nothing i like now)and would not care for "reliability issues" ...maybe i will and maybe i wont.

Help me out here because we all know that even after this Beamers and MB's will still sell cars and A LOT of them.
Old 10-30-05, 03:09 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by AmethySC
Hmmm . . . so the more complex RX400h is on the list & the RX330 isn't ?
Remember, they pused the 400h back 2 or 3 times, to ensure the car was as pefect as it could be. I think this SUV might be very overengineered, being a HUGE GAMBLE, a luxury hybrid.

Old 10-31-05, 12:25 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

well, just imagine the coming gs450h and later the ls600h. they are all first of its kind