Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Formula 1: Renault V10 Singing "We are the Champions"

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-05, 10:15 PM
LB Lex
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Formula 1: Renault V10 Singing "We are the Champions"

With Renault winning the 2005 Formula 1 Driver's and Constructor's Championships, the engineers got the Renault V10 to sing "We are the Champions"

http://www.renaultf1.com/en/binaries...tcm3-41644.mp3

Old 11-04-05, 01:11 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

Weird, but expected of Renault
Old 11-04-05, 07:35 AM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

That's pretty ingenious.

I still am waiting to hear what the 2.4L V8's are going to sounds like. I guess I wont have to wait TOO much longer.
Old 11-04-05, 09:49 AM
saleem
Pole Position

Thats ****ing awesome lol
Old 11-04-05, 09:50 AM
saleem
Pole Position

maybe next year we can hear toyota do it .
Old 11-04-05, 03:51 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Stage3
That's pretty ingenious.

I still am waiting to hear what the 2.4L V8's are going to sounds like. I guess I wont have to wait TOO much longer.
Google "Cosworth F1 V8" or something like that. The Cosworth website has been down but another site I found hosted it. About Toyota, I'd be amazed to see them finish better than they did this year in Constructor's. 4th isn't bad at all however, especially when Renault, Merc/McLaren, and Ferrari take the 1, 2, 3 spots.

James
Old 11-04-05, 04:05 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Hmmm...thats interesting. Quick revving engine matching RPMs with the correct Octave. Seems like it took sme time to achieve that.
Old 11-04-05, 06:08 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I think if it wasn't the tires, Ferraris would be the champ this year.....if Schumacher will be back next year, he might still win another one.....
Old 11-04-05, 06:13 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

With that "gimme" they had here in America though, tires gave them a sort of advantage. Plus, ol' Mikey wasn't looking too good towards the end of the year and in China they just had straight bad luck.

James
Old 11-04-05, 07:58 PM
LB Lex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ATSOU
I think if it wasn't the tires, Ferraris would be the champ this year.....if Schumacher will be back next year, he might still win another one.....
Ferrari has also been hinting that the aerodynamics and mechanical grip (suspension) are also part of the problem. I think someone at Ferrari (don't know who) said they had problems adapting to the new aero regulations. The new tire rule also messed things up because they had to make a suspension that provided a lot of grip while not wearing out the tires too fast (which was another problem, Michael's car always had those tall mirrors so he can monitor the rear tire wear).

It looks like they started early with the new car and engine, so maybe things will change for them next year. Renault is supposed to be delayed a bit, so maybe Michael might be able to win his 8th championship and retire. I hope Kimi goes to Ferrari, his McLaren has been let him down so many times last season. He is a great driver, I think he is better than Alonzo.
Old 11-05-05, 12:29 PM
LexFather

shift_renault

Old 11-05-05, 12:46 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LB Lex
Ferrari has also been hinting that the aerodynamics and mechanical grip (suspension) are also part of the problem. I think someone at Ferrari (don't know who) said they had problems adapting to the new aero regulations. The new tire rule also messed things up because they had to make a suspension that provided a lot of grip while not wearing out the tires too fast (which was another problem, Michael's car always had those tall mirrors so he can monitor the rear tire wear).

It looks like they started early with the new car and engine, so maybe things will change for them next year. Renault is supposed to be delayed a bit, so maybe Michael might be able to win his 8th championship and retire. I hope Kimi goes to Ferrari, his McLaren has been let him down so many times last season. He is a great driver, I think he is better than Alonzo.
When you start the season on the wrong foot, its only going to get worse. Ferrari started off with not having the 2005 model car out in time. When they rushed it into production, they used a transmission from a outside company that they used a while ago that made crappy transmissions. It was a series of blunders that led to Ferraris demise this season... and the fact that they couldnt change tires AT ALL (except for one) during a race didnt help the situation either.