Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Put the SC away and got a benz =(

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-05, 06:40 PM
Untchable
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Put the SC away and got a benz =(

Sc was costing me to much money so i put it away in the garage and bought a 05' C230....i miss the speed of the SC though but kompressor is quik..here are some pics.

Old 11-05-05, 06:41 PM
Untchable
Rookie

Old 11-05-05, 07:01 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

Wow, that's a pretty SC........ MOVED>Car chat
Old 11-05-05, 07:10 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

I really like the C-class sports models. Sexy cars. My moms best friend jsut got one(C350 Sport though). They appear to have a lowered look to it that I like. I like this white as well. Heavy tint, and your set.
Old 11-05-05, 07:21 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Yes, that is a pretty C-Class, and congragulations. Is it brand-new ( an end-of-year leftover '05 ) or does it have some miles on it? If it is brand-new and unbroken-in ( and if you need the break-in rules if you don't know them ) PM me and I'll give them to you.

Mercedes, as you probably know, along with Volvo, leads the auto industry in safety innovations, but a word of caution: Don't be surprised if you have some electrical or hardware glitches....this car, the C-Class, has become notorious for both. They will be covered under warranty, of course, for the first several years....but I would not plan on keeping it after the warranty expires.

To keep the paint looking new, I highly recommend SCRATCH-OUT by KitWax...an inexpensive liquid (or paste) that that you rub in and wipe off like wax. It takes out all kinds of minor surface scratches and other paint imperfections. You can find it at drug stores, some dealer parts departments, and at some auto-parts stores...or you can order it online.

http://www.kitwax.com/html/kitProducts.htm
Old 11-05-05, 07:37 PM
Untchable
Rookie

it was a a demo car so i got it for 29 out the door had like 10k on it..kinda sucked but they exteneed the warranty for free. Was just goin to get 2006 but it was v6 means more gas...also the inline 4 has better torque and as ive herd is quicker. i loved the white..i was going to get red but i saw this and fell in love. Friend told me not to get the harmon kardon system b/c hed do mine for cheaper and it will be better...but now it seems he was wrong and it was much harder then he expected, which sucks but he will figure it out.
Old 11-06-05, 08:25 AM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Yes, that is a pretty C-Class, and congragulations. Is it brand-new ( an end-of-year leftover '05 ) or does it have some miles on it? If it is brand-new and unbroken-in ( and if you need the break-in rules if you don't know them ) PM me and I'll give them to you.

Mercedes, as you probably know, along with Volvo, leads the auto industry in safety innovations, but a word of caution: Don't be surprised if you have some electrical or hardware glitches....this car, the C-Class, has become notorious for both. They will be covered under warranty, of course, for the first several years....but I would not plan on keeping it after the warranty expires.

To keep the paint looking new, I highly recommend SCRATCH-OUT by KitWax...an inexpensive liquid (or paste) that that you rub in and wipe off like wax. It takes out all kinds of minor surface scratches and other paint imperfections. You can find it at drug stores, some dealer parts departments, and at some auto-parts stores...or you can order it online.

http://www.kitwax.com/html/kitProducts.htm
MMarshall,

The scratch out may work well on "normal paint" but the paint on this car is the ceramiclear clear coat. My '04 and '05 Benz cars also have this paint. Since the paint is so hard, regular polishes and compounds do absolutely nothing to this finish. Menzerna makes polishes that are formulated specifically to be used on these finishes. I have tried 3M rubbing compound and scratch and swirl remover, Meguiars Sratch X and Optimum polishes and all that they do is dull the finish. Menzerna P085 and P0 106 applied with a Porter cable machine works quite well but both of these products when applied with a rotary buffer is even better. One of my cars is black and we all know how difficult black is to to care for. These polishes remove swirls and minor flaws perfectly and truly provide a high gloss but these are polishes and require an application of a final coat of sealant or wax.
Old 11-06-05, 08:59 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by lkirchner
MMarshall,

The scratch out may work well on "normal paint" but the paint on this car is the ceramiclear clear coat. My '04 and '05 Benz cars also have this paint. Since the paint is so hard, regular polishes and compounds do absolutely nothing to this finish. Menzerna makes polishes that are formulated specifically to be used on these finishes. I have tried 3M rubbing compound and scratch and swirl remover, Meguiars Sratch X and Optimum polishes and all that they do is dull the finish. Menzerna P085 and P0 106 applied with a Porter cable machine works quite well but both of these products when applied with a rotary buffer is even better. One of my cars is black and we all know how difficult black is to to care for. These polishes remove swirls and minor flaws perfectly and truly provide a high gloss but these are polishes and require an application of a final coat of sealant or wax.
Well...OK....I've never myself seen a paint job that SCRATCH-OUT did not work well on.....from Saturn's Waterborne paint to clearcoat to old-type non-clearcoat and on plastic, fiberglass, aluminum, and steel surfaces, but to be honest, I never tried it on the specific car you are talking about. Maybe there is something unusual about Mercedes paint....but I'd have to see it for myself.

( And, considering the ridiculous extra cost that Mercedes charges just for metallic paint, it had BETTER be good ! )
Old 11-06-05, 09:10 AM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

Not to go too far ot, but ceramiclear is exceptionally hard. I absolutely hate working on Mercedes cars that have it, and typically charge quite a bit more hourly. I don't even bother with a PC on them - right to the rotary for everything but lsp application.
Old 11-06-05, 09:43 AM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Great pickup! Did you get the 5 speed or the auto???
Old 11-06-05, 11:44 AM
Untchable
Rookie

Originally Posted by Stage3
Great pickup! Did you get the 5 speed or the auto???
I got the Triptronic =(....wanted manual but ended goin for auto
Old 11-06-05, 11:56 AM
LexFather

I think the restyled C-class looks AWESOME. It looks very good inside and out, congrats

Old 11-06-05, 04:02 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Oh man, speaking of colors(someone said something about that above) Mercedes makes an awsome Blue Grey color. MY GOD!!! VERY good looking color.

But this Pearl White looks great. Ive been a sucker for whites this year. Never been attracted to them, but manufactures are starting to mix them up with other colors, and adding more pearl. I love it.
Old 11-07-05, 10:18 AM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Well...OK....I've never myself seen a paint job that SCRATCH-OUT did not work well on.....from Saturn's Waterborne paint to clearcoat to old-type non-clearcoat and on plastic, fiberglass, aluminum, and steel surfaces, but to be honest, I never tried it on the specific car you are talking about. Maybe there is something unusual about Mercedes paint....but I'd have to see it for myself.

( And, considering the ridiculous extra cost that Mercedes charges just for metallic paint, it had BETTER be good ! )
Yes the paint is different and no it has nothing to do with the metallic paint. The difference is in the clearcoat. I am curious as to what you mean by the rediculous extra cost. The higher end cars such as the S class, SL class, E500 and all AMG's have no cost associated with metallic paint. The lower end C class, SLK and E class charge a whopping $690. They always have done this and it is probably done so because they can.
Old 11-07-05, 03:35 PM
Untchable
Rookie

The color is called Alabaster White i think.

Quick Reply: Put the SC away and got a benz =(