Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Suddenly, big Buicks are no longer laughed at.

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-05, 05:43 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brian I agree. I love the GNX.
Old 11-12-05, 06:10 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,275 Likes on 1,382 Posts

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
This is to date the only true Buick to fear:

Ahh to be young and only partially correct
Attached Thumbnails Suddenly, big Buicks are no longer laughed at.-buick-gsx-1970a1.jpg  
Old 11-12-05, 06:15 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,275 Likes on 1,382 Posts

I actually had a Buick Lacrosse rental car this week. In that car IMO, Buick is still making the same cars from the late 70s and early 80s.

It was so breezy in that car from the lack of window seal I thought I'd have to go buy a scarf or I'd catch a cold. Was not impressed.
Old 11-12-05, 06:27 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
I actually had a Buick Lacrosse rental car this week. In that car IMO, Buick is still making the same cars from the late 70s and early 80s.

It was so breezy in that car from the lack of window seal I thought I'd have to go buy a scarf or I'd catch a cold. Was not impressed.
I wasn't terribly impressed with some things either about the La Carosse....but its fit-and-finish does show definite improvement over the Regal and Century, which it replaces. In execution, though, it is, as you point out, more-or-less similiar to 25-year-old Buicks....and when you are used to a Lexus GS like you are Buick workmanship WILL seem second-rate.

As for the Lucerne, I have not seen it personally yet or driven it, so I could only post what pundits are saying. I have a couple requests here at CL to review the car and plan to.

As to the ArcticCool sealing around the windows on your test car....that doesn't sound normal. Perhaps the car had been in an accident and they didn't repair the doors and windows properly or it just had defective sealing at the factory.
Old 11-12-05, 05:39 PM
Coffey454
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Buick Loser(n) and the Lacrappe are waste of space vehicles that have no place in a land where Chrysler LX platform cars are available for the same price and should appeal to exactly the same market (old people) especially when said market (old people) are wanting a RWD full size - just like they used to have - from GM. They totally missed the mark. The Northstar derived FWD thing should be a RWD floater with a basic version of the LS2. Make a Buick with a RWD driveline and watch the seniors come back to the Generals showrooms. The last real Buick was the Roadmaster. RWD, LT1 V8. Simple big RWD. Is this a very hard concept?

BTW - thanks for posting the wheels up GN and the wicked GSX. 2 true classics