Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

'07 CAT on PREORDER!!! (56k users=mouses)

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-05, 11:53 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default '07 CAT on PREORDER!!! (56k users=mouses)

I think I have made my decision. Some of you were aware of my car-search-buying situation and I would like to thank you all for your advices and tips.

Even though this seems kind of out of the blue because I have never ever considered this car but it's the closest car to the car that I've considered getting. Once I have seen it I fell in love with it. The car was at Miami Auto Show. I was already over there once and that's when I saw the car in person for the first time. And I came back to it two days ago to talk with the dealer and make sure that the car on the display is exactly the same way I would want it.

Enter 2007 Jaguar XK

The car that you see in the pictures is the exact car that I have on preorder as of yesterday.

I had a brief talk with the dealer and decided to pre-order it. I still have the few concerns about the car that dealer couldn't answer me. I am a little bit worried about the refinement of the interior because the last XK was crap in every way. And I am also concerned a little bit about bodyroll but not so much because I heard that Jaguar really improved the ride. As you might know the last XK was like a boat. I told the dealer straight out that if those two things don't meat my criteria I will walk away. He said that he is going to Irvine (Spelling?) California in January to test drive the actual production car and he will let me know.

Besides that I fell in love with the car! I know it's going to be smooth ride and I am looking forward to it! As a matter of fact I have never ever left a deposit for a car that didn't even come out but I hope this is it. If any of you have any advices or experience in pre ordering and would like to share it with me please do so.

Here is the configuration on my car:

Ext. Color: Jaguar Racing Green (as seen on pictures)
Int. Color: Caramel Monotone (as seen on pictures)
Options:
Luxury Package which includes: Wood on dash, wooden wheel and shift ****, and stitched leather over dash, luxury seats. I upgraded the wheels to 20" (from 19") as seen on pictures too

At first I only wanted luxury seats and 20" wheels. I didn't want to load it up with options because of the already high MSRP and poor resale value of the old XK but the package I chose is really bargain when you compare it to only two options that I wanted to go with.

MSRP should be around $73,000. Including all the options I chose the price will be under $82,000 + tax, title. The most expensive option is the upgraded wheels and the rest of the set up that goes with it.

I have the dealer preorder sheet with of all the color choices, options etc. for new XK. If you are interested just PM.
Also if you are looking for an 2005 NSX there is a great deal that was given to me by one of the Acura dealers in South Florida prior this. PM me also and I will tell you the deal I got and hopefully you can take over.

Enjoy the pictures. Sorry because of the poor quality but pics are taken with my camera phone. If you want non-resized pictures go to my gallery.

Last edited by Vladi; 11-09-05 at 12:04 PM.
Old 11-09-05, 11:57 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sweet looking car man You have to go green in a Jag!!

Tell us more about the NSX - they make me drool!!

Jonny
Old 11-09-05, 01:10 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

HOTNESS!!!!!! Congratulations Vladi!!!!

I'm expecting a ride next time you're driving through Jersey!
Old 11-09-05, 01:23 PM
bmgs400
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oooooo, that Jag does look sweeeet!! Congrats!!
Old 11-09-05, 01:32 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
Senior Moderator

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

OMG.....I really envy you. That is also by far my favorite jaguar color. British Racing Green. They always display that color at the NYC auto show.Jaguar sure did an outstanding job with this new XK. I love it. They Good luck with the car, that is a pure beauty.
Old 11-09-05, 02:38 PM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

disregarding the taurus grill, the new XK is one fabulous car.
Old 11-09-05, 05:15 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by whoster
disregarding the taurus grill, the new XK is one fabulous car.
Dunno...besides the grille, the headlights don't look very high-end either. Otherwise it's a fine looking car. Congrats!
Old 11-09-05, 05:17 PM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
Dunno...besides the grille, the headlights don't look very high-end either.
That's because they look like the current Eclipse headlights
Old 11-09-05, 05:59 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just wondering

was it a must to get a new car? why not get a used aston martin? You could obtain a nice one for 80k. I have seen a few converts for around 80k and 01 models. Nice choice, I must say the attractive advertisement in the new road n track issue makes them look very sexy.