Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Review: 2006 BMW 325i

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-05, 08:33 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by doug_999
Both of the BMW dealers I've dealt with have been more approachable than the Lexus dealers.

Several posters have mentioned this....but I noticed none fron the D.C area. BMW dealerships here.....perhaps because of the huge amount of money here and the large number of well-heeled people who buy BMWs....do tend to be somewhat aristocratic.....along with the Porsche shops.

Where you are from in IL, Doug.....unless you are in Chicago or the suburbs......maybe BMW sales people are glad to see potential customers. Here BMW customers are a dime a dozen....as are Lexus, M-B, and almost every luxury car you can imagine. In luxury-car sales this area is second only to SoCal.
Old 11-13-05, 10:15 PM
Kilo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I attended BMW's Ultimate Driving event and autocrossed the BMW 330 along with the G35 and Audi A4. In my opinion, the BMW (w/ active steering) handled FAR better than any of the other 2 cars and was much more enjoyable to whip around the course. Power delivery was very linear and responsive throttle. The interior was a little lacking compared to the Infiniti and Audi. For what its worth, the BMW was an awesome drive - although the car is over-priced in my opinion. With the $8K I would be saving by purchasing the G35, I could get an awesome aftermarket suspension setup, rims, etc... and would probably come out ahead compared w/ the BMW.
Old 11-14-05, 03:52 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by genearch
And I'm in So.Cal and seeing the same as Doug BMW dealers seem to be glad to see you. Maybe a shift? (I just read a terrible Lexus story another forum)

At the end of the day, there are good dealers and bad dealers across the board..
In some shops the attitude of the salespeople varies more than that of the dealership as a whole.

However, I'll take your word for it...you obviously know what your own experience has been.
Perhaps BMW dealerships know that they now have to sell products that are somewhat less appealing than several years ago....though it is no secet that a lot of people are lusting after the new M5...I-Drive or not.

Anyhow...so much for Bimmers and the 325. I've gotten some requests to do some other reviews and they are next.
Old 11-14-05, 10:25 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,646 Posts

I think in general Bimmer dealers know how to talk to Bimmer customers and Lexus dealers know how to talk to Lexus customers.