Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Car Magazines?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-05, 09:20 PM
Coollexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Magazines?

Which car magazines have the best coverage of lexus, acura, infiniti, and bmw vehicles?

I am interested in subscribing to a car magazine and would like to know which car magazines clublexus members prefer.

Thanks

Last edited by Coollexus; 11-12-05 at 09:48 PM.
Old 11-13-05, 09:00 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Here's what I recommend:

CONSUMER REPORTS for auto reliability, best bets in used cars, Goverment crash test results, and tips for buying new and used cars.

CAR and DRIVER for well-written editorials, good car-to-car comparisons in various classes, a through analysis of each car they test, and good reports on the experiences they have with the full-year tests on various different vehicles. ( Many car mags, BTW, have the 4-season tests)

AUTOWEEK magazine for good weekly updates on the industry and for owners' reports...they publish every 7 days. You will sometimes find my own comments in that magazine in the Fast Poll and Letters section.

ROAD and TRACK for good engineering articles and technical explanations that other auto mags generally don't. Dennis Simanatis, one of the magazine's stalwarts, is an experienced engineer...as is Patrick Bedard of CAR and DRIVER.

AUTOMOBILE and MOTOR TREND, in my opinion, are OK but somewhat below the level of the mags I recommended. I read AUTOMOBILE but am not as impressed with it as CAR and DRIVER and AUTOWEEK. MOTOR TREND was once garbage, has improved considerably in recent years, but is still below the level of competing mags.
Old 11-13-05, 09:05 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Coollexus
Which car magazines have the best coverage of lexus, acura, infiniti, and bmw vehicles?

I am interested in subscribing to a car magazine and would like to know which car magazines clublexus members prefer.

Thanks
Well for these brands you have to stick to the AMerican mags, as Acura and Infiniti are not sold in Europe. I would still sneak in an EVO, they do test Lexus and especailly BMWs all the time. Mind you, its $10 for this mag but nothing comes close, except my next recommendation

Sports Car International
But again, since its based on sports cars and sporty cars, Lexus, Acura and Infintii are not mentioned often. but bar-none the best American based mag, IMO.

Like MMarshall
Car and Driver
Great editorials, sometimes honest, once u get over the BMW and Honda butt loving, its a solid mag.

Old 11-13-05, 09:05 AM
King7Two
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DuPont Registry if you just want to drool all over yourself.

.......has absolutely nothing to do with your topic......but I couldnt help myself