Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

My Audi A8L =)

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-05, 10:07 PM
dailylex
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats bad ***
Old 11-19-05, 07:17 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Absolutely love the A8's...and yours looks sweet. Not many have heard of Vellano wheels. I've been looking at them. This style is the last one I'd choose from their offerings because of the many small spokes. Cleaning between them will be a pain but they do look good. Agains, looks great. A slight drop would really enhance the car but it isn't paramount.
Old 11-20-05, 09:52 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 11-20-05, 11:03 AM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Cool

Damn That A8 is so hard right now. Especially in Black. Anytime I see those I group out. Don't tell anybody I said that.
Old 11-20-05, 11:41 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

It looks great but from a performance stand point probably a bit large for the car IMO.... The audi A8 i thought is more of a performance driven car... Car looks pretty tight though...

Tony
Old 11-20-05, 12:29 PM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by OGS

And yes, over all a 22" wheel is pretty large for a sedan...but with 20"s it just looked way tooo small. But with the size of the car, I think it worked out well.

I agree, with a body that size you almost need 22's on it. Especially the "L".

Looks good
Old 11-20-05, 07:41 PM
JLAWS
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 163 Posts

Absolutely stunning!!! Sorry I'd take the Audi A8L over my LS430. I'll probably trade for one in about a year. OGS can you give us a quick comparo write up between the 2 ? I guess you like the A8 more since you are letting your sister drive the LS

Yes black is a detailers nightmare but it's badass once it's freshly cleaned/polished, however I'd go for a silver one like the one below with black interior. I'll go for size 20' with comfortable tire size 255/45/20 if they can fit. This set up below is perfect for me, I'd call it a day......
Attached Thumbnails My Audi A8L =)-a8-.jpg  
Old 11-20-05, 07:43 PM
JLAWS
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 163 Posts

20's look plenty big when the wheels are flush,don't curve in or have a lip.
Attached Thumbnails My Audi A8L =)-side-a8.jpg  
Old 11-20-05, 08:41 PM
OGS
Lead Lap

The A8L is pretty sick! The power and Quattro makes the car what it is. But at the end of the day, I LOVE MY LS. Once the kit, exhaust and system are put in...its over for the Audi.

But even with the 30 series tires, it rides smoother then the LS. The biggest down fall of the Audi is the MME or what ever they call it. For the short time I owned the car, it has its fair share of problems. It had to go back to the dealer twice within the first month I had it.

First problem was the check engine light....

Second problem the MME, again what ever you call it, stopped working. Now this was a HUGE problem. The radio, air suspension, and pretty much all the cool settings are controlled through the MME. Ended up being some type of bug that they had in the 04's but was supposed to be fixed in the 05's.

Guess I can do a write up on the two cars...but to be honest, I rather have a MINI VAN! Thats right, I said it...a MINI VAN! I am looking into picking up a Sienna/Quest/Odyssey ( one of the three ). The VIP bug really got me, and the more I think about it, the more I want a mini van. hahahhahahahha!
Old 11-20-05, 10:49 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by OGS
The A8L is pretty sick! The power and Quattro makes the car what it is. But at the end of the day, I LOVE MY LS. Once the kit, exhaust and system are put in...its over for the Audi.

But even with the 30 series tires, it rides smoother then the LS. The biggest down fall of the Audi is the MME or what ever they call it. For the short time I owned the car, it has its fair share of problems. It had to go back to the dealer twice within the first month I had it.

Second problem the MME, again what ever you call it, stopped working. Now this was a HUGE problem. The radio, air suspension, and pretty much all the cool settings are controlled through the MME. Ended up being some type of bug that they had in the 04's but was supposed to be fixed in the 05's.

Guess I can do a write up on the two cars...but to be honest, I rather have a MINI VAN! Thats right, I said it...a MINI VAN! I am looking into picking up a Sienna/Quest/Odyssey ( one of the three ). The VIP bug really got me, and the more I think about it, the more I want a mini van. hahahhahahahha!
and LS430, and A8, and you want a van? I hope you wear a bullet-proof vest on regular basis
Old 11-21-05, 07:34 AM
Milla...

Originally Posted by OGS

MMI - Multi Media Interface.
To date I've had not one single issue with it then again its an 05'.
Sorry but for me I'm spoiled I think I'm going to be hanging out with Audi for a while. At least one model.
Old 11-30-05, 08:03 PM
MarkK
Driver School Candidate

Beautiful car!

Last edited by MarkK; 11-30-05 at 08:09 PM.