Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Official 2007 Camry pictures

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-05, 09:47 PM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks a lot more aggressive than the current style. The trunk looks awfully small though...with the infamous Bangle treatment. I guess the seam isn't too noticeable on a black car. The rear looks much better than the newly revised Accord. I saw one today and thought it was a Cadillac.

Anyone agree?

Old 11-22-05, 09:51 PM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Surprised no one compared this to the Hyundai Sonata.

I'm not sure I really like it yet. The grill looks Yaris to me. The tails a lot closer to the Hyundai Sonata/3GS tails (they both look similar). Headlights look very Sonata. Does have some Accord cues to it.
Old 11-22-05, 11:56 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just sold my 2002 camry. umm may be time for another camry?
Old 11-23-05, 12:26 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Looks pretty good. An evolution of the current Camry model, sort of TSX-like sporty-ish (the rear doors seem similar).

The tail end is very Volvo/LF-Sh like, a bit too close to the Lexus IMHO. The front is aggressive, interior looks good.
Old 11-23-05, 02:12 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

wow, easily the best camry ever. It actually looks pretty darn good interior and exterior. Awesome.

man, sucks to be competition....
Old 11-23-05, 03:41 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by lexguynj
Put some more aggressive / sportier rims on a camry and you can transform this car into something more exciting than just a practical run of the mill vehicle!
That's what a Camry is SUPPOSED to be.......practical and run-of-the-mill. If it wasn't it wouldn't be the country's top selling passenger car.

My main complaint is, while the headlights are not as outlandish as before, IMO the front end looks too much like a Mazda....and I am not a particularly big fan of recent Mazda stlying ei

I was going to also suggest that if Toyota was smart they would bring back the AWD Camry All-Trac to compete with the Subaru Legacy, but now that Toyota owns part of Subaru that may not be necessary.

Last edited by mmarshall; 11-23-05 at 03:51 AM.
Old 11-23-05, 04:56 AM
Coffey454
Rookie

Yes, mmarshall they need to bring back the All-tracs!! When my poor old 'Rolla finally packs it in, I'd love to get a new Camry All-trac, actually, a Coralla XRS all-trac (with manual trans, unlike the auto only AWD Matrix) would be really ideal. Hopefully the Subie connection gets AWD back into the Toyota showrooms on the car side. I love my old 4WD, now that we have a bit of snow on the ground - I am loving it even more.

Back on topic, the interior pics of this new Camry look really nice - still think the exterior is too "similar" to other things, but I guess really in this segment it doesn't matter, they all look the same anyways!
Old 11-23-05, 05:02 AM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

Looks pretty neat I guess - but what incentive is there (assuming prices don't get a big hike for the new gen) to buy the Avalon? The Camry has ballooned up like a binge eating newly wed.

I'm not really impressed, though the interior is attractive. Hopefully they've streamlined the underside of the car ... the exhaust hanging down like it kicked a weld was never very attractive or efficient.

M.
Old 11-23-05, 05:04 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
Personally I think they did a good job of making it look good for a Camry but not too good for a Camry.
I agree, & it won't be confused with a Lexus
Old 11-23-05, 05:31 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
That's what a Camry is SUPPOSED to be.......practical and run-of-the-mill. If it wasn't it wouldn't be the country's top selling passenger car.

My main complaint is, while the headlights are not as outlandish as before, IMO the front end looks too much like a Mazda....and I am not a particularly big fan of recent Mazda stlying ei

I was going to also suggest that if Toyota was smart they would bring back the AWD Camry All-Trac to compete with the Subaru Legacy, but now that Toyota owns part of Subaru that may not be necessary.
Toyota always had AWD Camry in Japan, and this new version has AWD as well. So who knows, maybe they will have it in the USA only... Or maybe, they will keep that for ES350.

As to the why buy Avalon - easy answer, Avalon is still a lot bigger car, and ultimatly it will be more luxurious.
Old 11-23-05, 07:12 AM
IS3CM
Lead Lap

looks pretty good...
Old 11-23-05, 08:02 AM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

I like it all except the hood. Not sure about the creases... maybe they'll grow on me.
Old 11-23-05, 08:10 AM
Bluesman2
Driver

Originally Posted by whipimpin
Hopefully they've streamlined the underside of the car ... the exhaust hanging down like it kicked a weld was never very attractive or efficient.
Amen to that brother! Seeing that pipe dragging on the ground has always bugged me.....
Old 11-23-05, 09:11 AM
lexusls430
Lexus Test Driver

Wow thats a nice looking car.
Old 11-23-05, 09:16 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Well, looks like my Dad will be the first in line to get a new Camry when this is introduced early next year(he has to have every new generation, what a Camry nut ).

Anyway, the exterior looks okay. Maybe I need to see other colors, and different models(SE, XLE, this picture looks like the LE) to get a better idea of what it really looks like. I will say that this model does have more potential than the previous models. Its definitely a more bold design. What I dont like and what the Camry is famous for is SMALL wheels on a BIG body. This model is no different.

Interior looks great. Definitely a class leading interior once again. THe current gen interior was way to bland, but had great ergonomics.

Quick Reply: Official 2007 Camry pictures