Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

How Do YOU treat other toyota drivers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-05, 05:59 PM
shoehead
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Do YOU treat other toyota drivers?

How do you treat other toyota drivers on the road vs. other make drivers?

I tend to be more "nice" toward fellow toyota drivers than i am with others, eventhough it shouldn't matter.

Old 11-27-05, 06:18 PM
soarer5780
Lead Lap

dosen't really matter to me I like all kinds of cars, i dont favor only toyota/lexus just because i have a sc/soarer(what ever you want to call it). As long as they dont do anything stupid while I'm next to them. I'll treat them like everyone else
Old 11-27-05, 07:28 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

I don't treat them any different from how I treat drivers of any other brand.
With SC430 & G35c drivers, if we make eye contact, I would usually smile or even occasionally wave.
Old 11-27-05, 07:41 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

I dont treat them any different. If someone is driving stupid, then it is what it is. I'm not going to be nice because he/she drives a Toyota/Lexus. This idiot almost caused an accident and could have injured me or someone else. I could care less what your driving then. The most I do is look over at them, check out the car, thumbs up if its deserved, but thats about it.
Old 11-27-05, 09:19 PM
MB1
Driver School Candidate

like second class citizens
Old 11-27-05, 09:32 PM
southernsc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No different than if they were driving a lexus, the only people I tend to not like are kids who drive mid-low range german cars (excluding vw). I dont know why, but the majority tend to be snobby towards me, or give me dirty looks on the road.
Old 11-27-05, 09:33 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

only lexus's and M3's are the only ones i care bout lol
Old 11-27-05, 10:23 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't tend to judge/treat the car but rather the driver. You know how to react to someone's driving depending if they're a man/woman, old/young, alone/with passengers, on the phone or singing, etc.

As for actual car makes/models, I am prejudiced against Honda Civic drivers, especially those hatchback ones from the early-mid 90s. I don't know why all those drivers think they have a racing car. Oh please...

And with due respect, I just slow down in awe whenever seeing a Bentley, Ferrari, Rolls Royce, Lambo, or Maserati. I usually tailgait people, but just for safety's (and insurance's) sake, I keep a good distance from them.
Old 11-28-05, 01:33 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts

I can see this developing...

I treat other drivers how I want to be respected on the road. I give them 4 second space and let them merge on if traffic is a bit heavy, signal my intent if changing lanes...blah-blah. There are some types that occupy certain models that do irritate me but I'll leave it at that..
Old 11-28-05, 04:08 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

My view is that we all pay taxes to support the same roads, the roads are open to any licensed driver and any vehicle in safe condition, and that we all have to share them no matter what we drive. Unless somebody does something blatently stupid......like pulls right out in front of me without looking.....I treat everyone with the same courtesy ( even the ones with political bumper stickers I disagree with ) Of course, if I see a cop, I'm usually extra careful....but I'm not an aggressive driver to start with.
Old 11-28-05, 05:19 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by soarer5780
dosen't really matter to me I like all kinds of cars, i dont favor only toyota/lexus just because i have a sc/soarer(what ever you want to call it). As long as they dont do anything stupid while I'm next to them. I'll treat them like everyone else
I'll have to second that! I'm the same way.
Old 11-28-05, 07:59 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 163 Likes on 139 Posts

Here in Mexico City...nobody shows anybody any respect on the road. I give resepct on the road only in two instances...to fellow Americans (that I can tell have current U.S.) license plates...not the illegal cars from the states so many Mexicans have) and to people with Toyotas (we do not have Lexus south of the border) as I think they may a good buying decision.
Old 11-28-05, 01:01 PM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lexmex
Here in Mexico City...nobody shows anybody any respect on the road. I give resepct on the road only in two instances...to fellow Americans (that I can tell have current U.S.) license plates...not the illegal cars from the states so many Mexicans have) and to people with Toyotas (we do not have Lexus south of the border) as I think they may a good buying decision.

You know youre quite bit hostile dont you think? (And honestly this post sounds bigotred as hell.)

And quite honestly quite disrespectful view as well. Do you think youre better then the native Mexicans that live around you?

Im the opposite of you born in mexico I live in the states. (although legally an American but I wont get into that. ALthough I am a naturalized US citizen lets just for arguments sake assume I was not. That I was just a guest in a nation gracious enough to have me just like you.) But can you imagine the responses I would get if i were to make such blanket statements as...

1. I only respect fellow Mexican drivers that have Mexican plates.
2. But with caveat not the ones with expired Mexican plates that so many, and this is Key now.. so many AMERICANS own.

Obviously id get responses like this from fellow American's that live here.. wtf are you doing in my country. And go back to where you came from if youre going to be so hostile. and perhaps I don't want YOU a guest in my HOME if youre going to come off as a hostile driver. And quite honestly all those sentiments and responses would be.. quite well deserved.

Hopefully you wont be burdened to stay as a Guest in a nation that welcomed you much longer. Im sure you will find drivers at home that much more sophisticated and corteous.

In here I drive defensively and treat everyone equal I am courteous to everyone unless they do are rude, agressive towards me, then in that case I will drive very defensively around them. Most classic scenario speed up and do not let the guy that wants to cut me off into my lane in, since I feel thats quite unsafe to do.
Old 11-28-05, 01:19 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

no difference at all, just another driver out there. driving a toyota (or even lexus for that matter) doesn't make someone a better person. i have seen plenty of toyota drivers being total *****
Old 11-28-05, 01:22 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 337 Likes on 290 Posts

like any other car on the road

Quick Reply: How Do YOU treat other toyota drivers?