Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2007 Nissan Maxima Spy Shots . . .

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-05, 03:34 PM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by magneto112
The Altima, Maxima, and G35 overlap like crazy. They need more to differenciate the three models.
You mean styling right? If so, I agree - there are definitely not so subtle similarities. Otherwise I think the only similarity between the G35 and the Maxima/Altima is the VQ in some of the Max/Alt's.
Old 11-29-05, 06:40 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

if i had a choice between the maxima and avalon i'll pick the avalon, not just because i feel like toyota is a better brand, i just feel like nissan, (cant explain it) but its something i dont like about the brand. granted they make good cars, love the Infiniti M series to death. but anyways back on topic, i'll pick the avalon touring (black) over the maxima anyday
Old 11-29-05, 07:07 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by picus
You mean styling right? If so, I agree - there are definitely not so subtle similarities. Otherwise I think the only similarity between the G35 and the Maxima/Altima is the VQ in some of the Max/Alt's.
Styling yes and even the general size of all three models. Different levels of power output for all three VQ models, but not big differences. They are all capable of running similar times(with an obvious advantage to the G35 plus the addition of RWD and a better chassis). Lastly Price. Top of the line Altima overlaps the Maxima and the G35. Maxima overlaps the G35, etc etc but as usual with different styles and equipment. Some will disagree, but thats how I feel about those models now.
Old 11-29-05, 07:14 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by aliti19
I've owned 3 Maximas & i loved them all to pieces. My latest one was an '02 blk/blk loaded 6-speed.
There was VERY LITTLE, if any, torque steer with the HLSD.
Ever since the 6th gen (04+ made in the US), it hasn't been the same.
This was the best one ever made IMO. I traded this baby in for my GS in August.

Nice ride mang. You on the .org??(or used to be) I post every now and then, buts its not really my thing anymore over there.
Old 11-29-05, 07:51 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Not much of a change as mentioned above.... I didn't read the article in the first post but increasing the HP to the 280-300 range would catch the eye of fellow car buyers. It put the maxima in the m45 and lexus catagory for sure..... Also Nissan sales wouod increase as well..... not bad of a car though....

Tony
Old 11-29-05, 08:27 PM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

Styling yes and even the general size of all three models. Different levels of power output for all three VQ models, but not big differences. They are all capable of running similar times(with an obvious advantage to the G35 plus the addition of RWD and a better chassis). Lastly Price. Top of the line Altima overlaps the Maxima and the G35. Maxima overlaps the G35, etc etc but as usual with different styles and equipment. Some will disagree, but thats how I feel about those models now.
Gotchya - agree completely. I'm hoping they start to distinguish the Infiniti line from Nissan with some newer engines.
Old 11-29-05, 09:17 PM
aliti19
Lexus Test Driver

Nice ride mang. You on the .org??(or used to be) I post every now and then, buts its not really my thing anymore over there.
Yea, i still poke my head in there all the time (same sn).
I miss the 6-speed, but this GS is in a WHOLE different league.