Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Restyled Porsche Cayenne (official pics pg. 5)

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-06, 11:19 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think almost all of the sales of the Cayenne are here in Newport Beach / Newport Coast (OK - probably exaggerating a bit).

However I have never seen so many Cayennes in one area in my life. And the owners don't aren't even satisifed with stock, they have these beautiful huge aftermarket wheels already installed on all their Cayenne Turbos.

Well I guess that being said, I could also say that I have never seen so many exotic cars in this one place too (Ferraris and Lambos sightings daily and don't even get me talking about the amount of MB AMGs & SLs blowing by me all the time. WOW!
Old 11-15-06, 06:00 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

Porsche is likely to be releasing its face lifted Cayenne much earlier than previously suggested due to the current version’s declining sales. It’s now expected that the car will be launched at March’s Geneva Motor Show, and these images almost completely reveal the final version.

The images have been posted on several internet forums and are similar to previous spy shots of the SUV, but feature slight differences around the tail-end. Although it could just be camouflage, it appears that the taillights now stretch up along the rear door similar to the design Volvo uses for its SUVs. Other changes include indicator lights lifted from the 997 and the new design of the front grille with horizontal slats.
source : motorauthority
Old 11-15-06, 06:10 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

i think the rear end looks like that only because of the red camoflauge tape
Porsche designers are too lazy to design something like that
lol
Old 11-15-06, 06:19 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

The amber area of those headlights are awful.

And why would Porsche copy Volvo's tails??

Looks much uglier than the current one.

Old 11-15-06, 08:45 PM
AudiMan
Driver

ugly car, they should stick with sports cars with mid engines
Old 11-15-06, 09:38 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,440 Likes on 1,600 Posts

That is STILL seriously hideous. Barf...
Old 11-15-06, 11:44 PM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey...310 is my area code...
Old 11-21-06, 07:44 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

Teaser clip from Porsche : CLICK HERE

Old 11-21-06, 10:13 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Not too bad.
Old 11-21-06, 07:43 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,440 Likes on 1,600 Posts

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
(pic)

Teaser clip from Porsche : CLICK HERE
That pic shows headlights and not much else - and the video doesn't show the vehicle at all. Hardly a ringing endorsement of the design.

I love Porsche but the Cayenne doesn't do it for me. I'm sure it drives great, but it's still fugly. I was in a former co-worker's current gen Cayenne S and it definitely moves nicely.
Old 11-22-06, 03:39 PM
LexFather

So far I like the previous ugly one. I can actually see myself in this (badge whoring at its finest)!!!

Old 12-04-06, 08:12 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts
Default The New Cayenne: More Performance, Less Consumption

The New Cayenne: More Performance, Less Consumption

Stuttgart. The Cayenne is starting a new chapter in its success story: four years after the model's launch, Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG of Stuttgart, Germany, is presenting the second generation of its sporty SUV. The new, attractively designed Cayenne, Cayenne S and Cayenne Turbo models have been given more powerful, direct gasoline injection engines. These are known at Porsche as Direct Fuel Injection (DFI), and they lower the fuel consumption of individual models by over eight percent (NEDC). In real driving conditions, savings of up to 15 percent are possible. The new Cayenne will be in Porsche showrooms from February 24, 2007.

The basic version of this sporty SUV has a 40-bhp (29-kW) power enhancement and is now driven by a 290-bhp (213-kW) six-cylinder engine, the displacement of which has increased from 3.2 to 3.6 liters. The torque of the Cayenne has climbed from 310 to 385 Nm. It can accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in 8.1 seconds, reaching a top speed of 227 km/h. The previous model managed 9.1 seconds and 214 km/h.

Thanks to new direct gasoline injection and the introduction of VarioCam Plus valve control, the Cayenne S, now with an even bigger 4.8-liter, naturally aspirated V8 engine, produces a torque of 500 Nm (previously 420 Nm) and an output of 385 bhp (283 kW), an increase of 45 bhp (33kW). These higher figures translate into a 0-100 time of 6.6 seconds and a top speed of 252 km/h. (Previous model: 6.8 seconds and 242 km/h.) The performance figures for the new Cayenne Turbo are also impressive, with an engine output 50 bhp (37 kW) higher than that of its predecessor. The new eight-cylinder engine, driven by a twin exhaust-gas turbocharger, produces 500 bhp (368 kW) and 700 Nm (previously 620 Nm). This Turbo can race from 0-100 km/h in 5.1 seconds and has a maximum speed of 275 km/h. (Previous model: 5.6 seconds and 266 km/h.)

As before, optimum power transmission is ensured by Porsche Traction Management (PTM) which, in standard operating mode, distributes engine power between the rear and front wheels in a ratio of 62:38. The multi-disk clutch can direct up to 100 percent of drive traction to the front or rear as required.

The Cayenne Turbo is fitted with Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) with air suspension as standard. This variant can now be augmented with the new Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) roll stabilizer system. This constant roll control, also available for the Cayenne and Cayenne S, limits vehicle roll on corners and counterbalances it completely in almost all driving situations. The Cayenne thus offers significant improvements in terms of handling, directional stability and ride comfort. When off-road, the system enables maximum axle articulation and improves traction.

Porsche Stability Management (PSM), with its brake assist function, advanced trailer stabilization system and off-road ABS, comes as standard on all Cayenne models. These functions improve the brakes' reaction speed, markedly reduce the yawing which can affect vehicles when towing, and optimize braking performance on loose ground. What's more, with static and, for the first time, dynamic bend lighting, the bi-xenon headlamps fitted as standard to the Cayenne Turbo increase active safety. The system, which can also be ordered for the Cayenne and Cayenne S, is activated as soon a speed of three kilometers per hour has been reached.

The Euro-base price for the Cayenne is 43,300 Euros, while for the Cayenne S it is 55,800 Euros. The Cayenne Turbo is priced at 91,100 Euros. In Germany, the Cayenne costs 51,735 Euros, while the more powerful S version retails at 66,610 Euros. The top model Cayenne Turbo has a list price of 108,617 Euros (including 19 percent sales tax and country-specific requirements).

Last edited by GFerg; 12-04-06 at 08:19 AM.
Old 12-04-06, 12:46 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

I like the refreshed look... ESPECIALLY the turbo!
Old 12-04-06, 12:54 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I sure hope they worked out the many bugs that plagued the first gen Cayennes. I suppose there is only so many ways to redo an SUV Sport Car. Go Porsche!
Old 12-04-06, 01:05 PM
Koma

What about the Turbo S?
I know they only introduced that fairly recently but does it get the refresh as well?

I've seen a white one in the Boston area, and I want it so bad. The sound is gorgeous.

Quick Reply: Restyled Porsche Cayenne (official pics pg. 5)