Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Rav4 V6 in C&D - 6.3secs 0-60

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-05, 04:37 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by cantsleepnk
I know you guys are impressed with the acceleration numbers but what's more impressive to me is the skidpad numbers. If I remember correctly the Cayenne and the FX are the only other SUVs that have better skidpad numbers and we all know how much more these two SUVs cost.

Please Lexus give us a better handling RX350 and I'll be first in line to buy one.
dont forget that this was "smoother" version of Rav4, there is going to be Sport version with more agressive setup.

Also, Rav4 was always an 4x4 Celica - previous gen had multilink at back and was pretty sporty too. I dont think there was ever an comparo with Rav4 in it, where it wasnt called the sportiest suv. Americans might not have noticed it because of "lack of power" (which we Europeans didnt really notice 0-62 in 10 sec is FAST for us).

So Rav4 being pretty darn fast, does not mean RX will also get "real" suspension, Rav4 always had it!

p.s. nobody noticed Toyota didnt want to call Rav4's VDIM... VDIM? I bet most people didnt know :-). Its called S-VSC, and it is super duper, it also integrates with 4wd system to send torque to appropriate wheel (as whell as other vdim goodies like steering assist).

I bet since IS350 turned so much attention to VDIM, they dont want to emhasize it a lot, and I bet most journalists wont even notice its there - I am sure lots of opinions and writing on VDIM was done even before they actually tested it...
Old 12-07-05, 04:58 PM
cantsleepnk
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
So Rav4 being pretty darn fast, does not mean RX will also get "real" suspension, Rav4 always had it!
I know. This was wishful thinking on my part .
Old 12-07-05, 05:00 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spwolf
I bet since IS350 turned so much attention to VDIM, they dont want to emhasize it a lot, and I bet most journalists wont even notice its there
Well Edmunds sort of noticed it.
Originally Posted by Edmunds
With a performance of 61.3 mph through our slalom course, the RAV4 felt confident and well planted. Toyota's overenthusiastic Vehicle Stability Control slapped our wrists and intervened while we were still playing with the RAV's good clean handling fun — we have a recent history of taking issue with Toyota/Lexus traction and stability systems.
From now on all media/magazines should be required to disable VSC/S-VSC/VDIM using the recently published secret sequences prior to testing any of the new Toyota/Lexus vehicles, or the test results are considered void.
Old 12-07-05, 06:11 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

they did notice it, but they didnt beach about it too much (i bet they didnt realize it is super duper system). I remember what they said about VDIM, even if it is less noticable than normal esp, the fact that Lexus has emphasized it so much, led them criticize it even more. Thats the funniest thing about VDIM beatching - it is less annoying than VSC before yet it helps more... well, what can you do...

And C&D got 0.83g on Limited...