Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2009 Camaro?!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-05, 08:44 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by replica
I think it looks awesome. I hope they make it, but please don't give us some lame retro interior like the Mustang did.
It's not so much the Mustang's "retro" interior design that is so bad....it is the absurdly cheap and flimsy materials that they use to fashion it with. I have posted on this matter in CL a number of times about the Mustang's cheap interior....one of the worst of any modern vehicle.
Old 12-07-05, 09:10 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

It is so much like the 69 wow!!!!! Bring back the Yenko and SS Chevy!
Old 12-07-05, 09:18 AM
King7Two
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
It is so much like the 69 wow!!!!! Bring back the Yenko and SS Chevy!

Is Don Yenko even still alive?
I also like the old Baldwin Motion Camero/Nova/Chevelle/Vette packages

I dunno.......Im mixed. The Body lines look good to me....but the front and rear lights, and the grille just ruin it.
Old 12-07-05, 09:27 AM
AgentWD-40
Driver

Originally Posted by southernsc
I love old muscle cars, but i think its a sign of weakness in the company to have to revert back to its roots.
IMO that would make Porsche a weak company. I think one of the reasons the 911 is so great is because it stuck true to its roots. IMO if you have a good thing going go with it. I would much rather see a cool "retro" vehicle and a ugly/booring new design. The thing with sticking to their roots is they really need to stick to their roots. Not do a little of this and a little of that.
Old 12-07-05, 09:36 AM
tzu911
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AmethySC
Pics work for me, & I don't care for it , especially the back, looks very odd.
What he said.
Old 12-07-05, 09:47 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by AgentWD-40
IMO that would make Porsche a weak company. I think one of the reasons the 911 is so great is because it stuck true to its roots. IMO if you have a good thing going go with it. I would much rather see a cool "retro" vehicle and a ugly/booring new design. The thing with sticking to their roots is they really need to stick to their roots. Not do a little of this and a little of that.
Yeah....25 years from now can't you just see Toyota doing a "retro" Scion xB?
Old 12-07-05, 09:59 AM
southernsc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AgentWD-40
Porsche stuck with the 911 and changed it over time, it looks to me like GM is running out of ideas so they brought back a dead car in hopes for sales. Maybe what Im trying to say is that a car company shouldnt bring back a car once they quit making them, i feel the same way about the supra. If it is nothing like the car they are bringing back, then why give it the name?
Old 12-07-05, 10:00 AM
Faraaz23
Lexus Test Driver

I think that car looks pretty good. But 2009... they're gonna enter the market 5 years after the Mustang has been out??? Hopefully this car would use corvette-inspired suspension and motors, and if it does it should be a very good performer.

I may be in the minority on this one, but I don't agree with all the retro styling between this and the Mustang. It's one thing to have the old Mini several years ago, then a new iteration. But there have been many iterations of Mustang and Camaro that have been modern and looked nothing retro, and all of a sudden they are going back 30 years. I personally think it means the companies are admitting that they don't have a design team good enough to make a sleek, attractive modern design good enough to attract customers. So whats Ford gonna do for the next generation, are they going to make en even more modern interpretation of the old 64 one??
Old 12-07-05, 10:50 AM
Brandicus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

love the look, alittle nostalgic but it works, those mirrors are awesome... If i ran into one i might impale myself on it though
Old 12-07-05, 10:59 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

ohh...I stated that because on the GM sites they were taken down. They were probably told to do so like when the Tahoe pics were leaked.

But I see the pics now.
Old 12-08-05, 06:11 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Exclamation Spy Shots: Next CAMARO Revealed!!!

Lookie at what I found: I dig the car as it resembles one of my favorite classic muscle cars: The 68' & 69' Camaro, but American car builders need to be more original for goodness sake.

Old 12-08-05, 06:12 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,268 Likes on 1,377 Posts

Sorry, repost.
Old 12-08-05, 06:38 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Personally I'm glad these companies are going back to their roots..... I think when the Japanese and german companies came over they influenced the American styling greatly making them think they must adapt to stay competitive.... this retro thing is not my cup of tea but definitely a bold identity for American companies. Looks pretty sharp to me.... now if only they could up their interior.
Old 12-08-05, 06:56 PM
SinisterSC
Lead Lap

Since I haven't slept in like 2 weeks I'm gonna sum up what I think quick

Front...
Mirrors
Rear

All in all I like it. I think I need to see it in Hugger orange with black stripes. And thank you very much if we see a slightyly detuned LS6
Old 12-08-05, 11:18 PM
SDLexus
Lead Lap

I'm digging the retro style of this Camaro. I'm hoping Pontiac has similar plans for the Firebird. Of course with performance packages in the Z28 and Trans Am. My father had an old '71 Firebird and an '82 Trans Am, so I always had a soft spot for the ol' F-Bodies. I'd be tempted to buy one if they released it looking like that.

Quick Reply: 2009 Camaro?!?