Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus....the year in review

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-05, 05:58 PM
Rondo1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus....the year in review

Not sure if this is OK to post, but a great article on the past year in review for Lexus over on Autospies.com

Lexus - The Year in Review....

2006 is already shaping up to be a stellar year. In the upcoming months, Lexus will launch a new, groundbreaking hybrid sedan, the GS 450h. This innovative vehicle will unquestionably revolutionize automotive history. In addition, Lexus Pursuit subscribers will continue to receive exclusive vehicle information and insider details on everything Lexus.

more at:
http://www.autospies.com/article/ind...articleId=6154

** One question that I have is: "how do I become a Lexus Pursuit subscriber?"
Old 12-15-05, 06:31 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

2005 introduced the new GS and IS.

2006 should introduce the new GS hybrid, LS (gas and hybrid versions), and perhaps a yet undisclosed IS coupe. Next year should be really good!
Old 12-15-05, 06:35 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just got this through Lexus Pursuit.

Lexus took major, major leaps forward in 2005--with The GS, IS, and RXh.

Next year...the LS, ES...

...and look for more features of Lexus to 'come online' soon!

BTW. the Neiman Marcus GS 450h is the most-wished for item in the Neiman Marcus catalog...according to their latest sales survey! And all NM GS 450h's I believe are selling out...

To receive Lexus Pursuit, sign up here:

https://secure.lexus.com/lexus/jsp/p...gnup/index.jsp
Old 12-15-05, 10:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
2005 introduced the new GS and IS.

2006 should introduce the new GS hybrid, LS (gas and hybrid versions), and perhaps a yet undisclosed IS coupe. Next year should be really good!
you missed the 400h.

honestly, 2005 has been a bigger yr for lexus compared to the previous yrs, with 2 completely redesign cars and one first ever hybrid (luxury suv). it's definitely big hit by lexus, however, personally, i think it's not as big as what some expected, and for some reason i think it's not up to what lexus expected too. but for sure lexus has stepped up even more

next yr should be exciting too. first hybrid luxury sport sedan, complete redesign of LS, their flagship, and a promise to bring back the shock of the early 90s.

we shall see
Old 12-15-05, 10:38 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

^^
Which one isn't the biggest hit expected? The RX 400h is huge, the IS seems great (too early to tell). I assume you mean the GS, which has sold well, but may repeat the previous generations' GS pattern of high sales outfront, but not approaching 5-series or E-class status.

I think the GS story remains a mystery, because with new engines around the corner--an early refresh/re-engine which hasn't been done before, perhaps the sales will increase. Plus the sleek new shape may turn more heads and buyers...

'Course the GS and IS are Lexus' 'do better' expectations, while the LS and ES seem to me to be 'more of the same' (GREAT) stuff...but better.
Old 12-15-05, 11:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

(just my opinions)

the gs is definitely a bit disappointing. why? first of all we still see 300 and 430. especially the 430 the engine , it's been here since 01, it's nothing special. and the car is fast but not really "fast" with today's standard already. the interior is facinating though, and some of the gadgets are cool. ml improve is awesome, however i have to say it's another not completely finished item, if you look at what's extra that's offered on the new IS.

the new IS is definitely a much better hit, people are just completely shocked by the massive power and acel on the new IS. however the car is still a bit too luxury to be a "sport compact sedan", where it's noted by quite a few people about the handling, and how the is350 chassis can't handle its power (which i agree as well). other than the handling and the braking, i give a lot of points to the new IS for luxury, refinement, and interior. that's just incredible job i think

man i hope i won't get burned for this. just my opinions guys! and you know i am with lexus!
Old 12-16-05, 06:28 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

Haha Henry, you are looking at it from the point of view of the car magazines that every car should be a hardcore sports sedan The real world car market is not like that & I think that's what Lexus is targeting.

One thing I have to say though is that although the GS has sold well & just behind the E & 5 series, I think the simultaneous introduction of the new M35 took away more sales from the Japanese competitors than the Germans, which have their own legion of hardcore fans specially in the midsize lux. class.
And IMO, it's not so much that the M35 is a little sportier & more powerful than the GS300, but it's also bigger & slightly cheaper that makes it a good alternative. Without the M35, I think it's possible that the new GS can sell at , or very close to the level of the E & 5 series already.

Last edited by Gojirra99; 12-16-05 at 06:54 AM.
Old 12-16-05, 09:00 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by AmethySC
Haha Henry, you are looking at it from the point of view of the car magazines that every car should be a hardcore sports sedan The real world car market is not like that & I think that's what Lexus is targeting.

One thing I have to say though is that although the GS has sold well & just behind the E & 5 series, I think the simultaneous introduction of the new M35 took away more sales from the Japanese competitors than the Germans, which have their own legion of hardcore fans specially in the midsize lux. class.
And IMO, it's not so much that the M35 is a little sportier & more powerful than the GS300, but it's also bigger & slightly cheaper that makes it a good alternative. Without the M35, I think it's possible that the new GS can sell at , or very close to the level of the E & 5 series already.
hahaha great, i should submit my resume to car mag then

just kidding. well, i guess if it's not all the hype and hint that lexus gave out about the new IS being head to head competition to the 3 series, i wouldn't have expected that. but they said it, so naturally i put up that "test" myself
Old 12-16-05, 01:44 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I got the e-mail yesterday about the year in review too