Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

how to steal a Ford GT (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-05, 02:12 PM
timoc42
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to steal a Ford GT

http://www.news10.net/storyfull2.aspx?storyid=14798

Ford GT stolen in spectacular fashion from California dealer.

no wonder why they become thieves.
Old 12-16-05, 02:20 PM
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

What kind of stupid dealership owner has a $160,000 car sitting in his building without even the most basic of alarms. Our small engineering office even has an alarm on the doors and windows.
Old 12-16-05, 02:33 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

50 Cent owns a Mustang? Hopefully, it's a vintage one...
Old 12-16-05, 05:42 PM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No alarm system? Hm.......that's hard to believe a dealership moving such high end cars didn't bother spending the extra $50 month to get a system. I'm sure they'll be calling for one soon enough.

Those are some bold thieves. LIke the saying goes, if they really want to steal a car, they'll find a way to steal it.
Old 12-16-05, 05:55 PM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hmm... a lot of false points here. This article isn't even written in a journalist format, using contractions, etc. They were able to have access to 3 vehicles to perform this theft? Please. There's no such thing as a dealership not having ANY sorts of cameras, security systems, etc, ESPECIALLY in California. They "found" the battery charger and jumped it? You've got to be kidding me. I call BS.
Old 12-16-05, 06:37 PM
GStateOM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saw this on the news the other day
Old 12-16-05, 06:42 PM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SCRUFFDOGG
What kind of stupid dealership owner has a $160,000 car sitting in his building without even the most basic of alarms. Our small engineering office even has an alarm on the doors and windows.
same thing i was thinkinging- wtf- they deserve to be robbed
Old 12-17-05, 01:58 AM
ivesGS400
Lexus Test Driver

That had to be one of the highest $ value of car per minute before crashing joyrides I've seen in awhile. (Wow that's a really bad sentence)
Old 12-17-05, 09:34 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Unfreakinbelievable...
Old 12-17-05, 09:42 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

I mean they wanted that car BADLY! I can't believe they went through all of that tremendous effort only to crash it and basically leave it?
I would think that to steal a car of this price and presence/exclusivity, they surely had a master plan:

Kinda like "Gone in 60 Seconds". Where there was a buyer/shop on hand waiting for the vehicle to be shipped Off-Shore or to Mexico or Canada.
Old 12-17-05, 09:48 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 163 Likes on 121 Posts

seems to me that they knew a lot about dealership - where they store keys, where they keep their jumper, etc, etc. Ex employee? Heh, the way those car salesman change their jobs, probably several hundred possible candidates...
Old 12-18-05, 05:40 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Stolen!!!!!! Ford Gt

http://www.news10.net/storyfull2.aspx?storyid=14798

Rare Ford GT Stolen Off Manteca Showroom Floor
Written for the web by C. Johnson, Internet News Producer

Some bold car thieves remain on the loose after stealing, crashing and dumping one of the most powerful Ford models ever.

The car in question is a limited production Ford GT packing 550 horsepower. The theft was discovered when a Manteca police officer on patrol noticed the bright red car crashed on Locust Street. It appeared the thieves lost control of the car and went over a curb, destroying tires, rims, a fender, mirrors and more to the tune. Damages amount to about $30,000, according to Phil Waterford of Manteca Ford Mercury.

Waterford said the thieves wanted the car badly. The break-in happened about 4 a.m. Tuesday. "They kicked in the back door, came down the hallway, then used crowbars to open the other doors," said Waterford. From there they "broke open a safe and found the keys to the car."

That wasn't all. Waterford said that in order to start the GT, the thieves found the battery charger and jumped it. They pushed a Mustang belonging to rapper 50 Cent out of the way and from the damage that was caused, probably fished-tailed the GT out the showroom's double doors.

At that point, "they took a Navigator and rammed through the fence," Waterford said. The building didn't have an alarm system.

Waterford is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the persons responsible.

The GT is nicknamed the "Ferrari Killer." According to Waterford, in the 1960s the Ford Motor Company tried to buy Ferrari but was rebuffed. Instead it built the GT. The car's specifications include a zero to 60 acceleration time of three seconds. The GT's top speed is rated at over 200 mph. Only 500 of the models are manufactured each year.

Waterford said his dealership has sold five of the GTs this year. The manufacturer's suggested retail price is $160,000.
Old 12-18-05, 05:54 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Looks like it was almost a piece of cake for these thieves. I don't know how the dealership got insurance for their buisness without at least an alarm system. Not only that, but at a lot of dealerships, try to break in after hours, and a big German Shepard or Doberman will jump on you like a piece of meat. I have seen some of the dogs that dealerships use ( not in that way, of course )...........trust me, they are nothing to fool with.
Old 12-18-05, 06:02 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

I thinke security couod have been alot tighter... Alarms and guards were nowhere to be found.... Maybe now the dealership will up there security a bit more.... For exmaple the Toyota dealership is about 5 min. north of my house and my GF anf i stopped by the dealership at like 9:00o'clock a night just looking....and sure enough the police came driving up and started asking us questions.... turns out i knew the cop anyway.....

What dealership doesn;t have a alarm, security guard, dogs etc.... especially with 160k automobiles in the showroom....
Old 12-18-05, 07:19 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 163 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Looks like it was almost a piece of cake for these thieves. I don't know how the dealership got insurance for their buisness without at least an alarm system. Not only that, but at a lot of dealerships, try to break in after hours, and a big German Shepard or Doberman will jump on you like a piece of meat. I have seen some of the dogs that dealerships use ( not in that way, of course )...........trust me, they are nothing to fool with.
whole thing is pretty shady... we have alarms, security company checking out every few hours, 24hr guard and dog at out place.

It comes out very cheap for the piece of mind it gives you.
I mean just alarm installation is pretty damn cheap. This is definetly not what it seems.

Quick Reply: how to steal a Ford GT (merged threads)