Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Well, so much for the holiday spirit!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-05, 11:35 AM
Mattress
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok... in the past month or so.. give or take a couple of weeks, this is probably the 6-7th thread that ive read on someones car gettin keyed or damaged. Its common curtiousy to respect peoples property, and for those who disagree, go to school, get a degree, and mature enough to not ****** up others hard earned pay-off or good fortune.!!! ARGGG.

Btw, sry to hear that man. Theres a fella who comes to the bread company next to my store--he owns a georgeous midnight blue IS350, and i tell ya to see a brand new car like that makes me want to get my own.... not damage it because of my stupidity or lack of luster in automobiles. Not to mention immature---uneducated---underpaid---jealous---mad-at-the-world types who just LOVE-to-HATE.

sry again-peace,
Matt
Old 12-29-05, 12:55 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by mhiggi02
I went to visit family for 3 nites with my wife and kids. We took our minivan and left my IS at home. I returned to find that some scumbag keyed the passenger front and rear door and the right rear quarter panel. What is up with people??
I am sorry to hear about what happend to your new car. Although intended damage to other people's property is occasionally just random from people who like destroying what they don't have most times it has to do with some kind of altercation or someone who does not like you. Was there any kind of altercation that happend between you and a neighbor maybe, or perhaps someone at work, a angry ex girlfriend, or even at a store or business or on the highway, etc. Could there be someone who is mad at your wife or someone who stayed at your house. I would think back and try to find out if it is anyone that possibly had a problem with you or you had with someone else before being positive it as just random. Asking your neighbors may help too as if it is random they probrably hit other cars in your neighborhood too. Hopefully it is something that can be fixed. Motion lights and a security camera may be a good investment especially if you ever have to keep a car or other valuable outside.
Old 12-29-05, 06:23 PM
redzeppelin
Pole Position

I would load my shotgun and sleep in the car

Seriously though, it is really sad that there are people out there like that, I guess causing you grief makes them happy. I hope it gets fixed soon.
Old 12-30-05, 10:53 PM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

That really blows, I feel for you. I hope whoever did it gets really bad karma. You know what goes around comes around.
Old 12-31-05, 05:31 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalSC4
That blows... sorry to hear about it!

America... the only country where people store $1731 worth of crap in their garage and park $90,000 worth of cars in the driveway.
I actually manage to stuff three cars in my two-car garage.

Get yours in the garage ASAP!!!!!!!!
I agree, SoCal...at least while you're at home, but unfortunately garages can't protect your car everywhere you go. What we ultimately need is stricter penalties for vandalism and a mindset change in the people most likely to do this kind of stuff....and that will be difficult because it is usually kids in the pre-teen and teen years where they are at the peak of immaturity, bored, and without any real respect for property.
Old 12-31-05, 09:53 AM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wow that's crappy way to bring in the new year ........sorry to hear of this but on a good note where are you in fl ??
Old 12-31-05, 11:05 AM
mhiggi02
Driver

Originally Posted by lexusondubs
wow that's crappy way to bring in the new year ........sorry to hear of this but on a good note where are you in fl ??
I'm in Satellite Beach, FL (on the coast in the Melbourne area). Happy New Year!
Old 01-01-06, 07:49 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that sucks man,though I don't know you at all, I still feel bad for you. Good Luck getting it back to normal.

you should be allowed to shoot anyone on site that you catch doing that(at least in the leg or something )
Old 01-01-06, 08:49 AM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As everyone here has already said, I think it's outrageous that someone would want to do such a thing. Whomever is responsible is a real low-life piece of s__t and deserves to be punished like he would in Singapore if he were caught vandalizing someone's car......a PUBLIC LASHING! ..........and I ain't joking!
He'd likely think twice before doing it a second time and it might even discourage others from doing it a first time.
Not sure how it is where you live, but the laws in Canada regarding property crime are pathetic. There are scumbags running around with 40 or 50 B&E's or car thefts under their belt, and have YET to see the inside of a jail cell........we just let 'em go again. The police round them up and then the courts let them off without so much as a day in jail. I moved three years ago out of Surrey (a suburb of Vancouver, British Columbia) partially because of its reputation as being the car theft capitol of North America!

Sorry for the rant but reading stuff like what happened to you gets me rather pissed! I hope you are able to get that nice car of yours fixed very soon!