Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Some new upgrades to the S-class

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-05, 12:31 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iasc300
nice benz one of my alltime favs
I agree, I really think the MB stylist knocked one out of the park with the w220. Its a shame alot of purists thought it was "too tame" and now MB is chasing after BMW as far as flaship styling goes. (more of a shock and awe type styling)
Old 12-31-05, 07:18 PM
tkracing
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
Very nice car, I meant to reply over on MBworld and forgot. Really like the color and tint. If you get bored and want to try something else with the tails, I would suggest the 03+ and then tint the turnsignal portions (ie, AMG SL tails)

I would not debadge either, it gets annoying as hell trying to explain to idiots that think you have a 430 or something.

Enjoy the new ride, you have a quite the nice stable!
Thanks bud. I actually have the 03 tails as well so I will definately look into that. I am going to post my wifes CL (215) on MB so check it out . She has done a great job on her car.
Old 12-31-05, 08:47 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

I'm sick of telling myself I can find something else. I love this design.
Old 12-31-05, 10:16 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Very nice car, I meant to reply over on MBworld and forgot. Really like the color and tint. If you get bored and want to try something else with the tails, I would suggest the 03+ and then tint the turnsignal portions (ie, AMG SL tails)

I would not debadge either, it gets annoying as hell trying to explain to idiots that think you have a 430 or something.

Enjoy the new ride, you have a quite the nice stable!

He does have the +03 tails.
Old 01-01-06, 04:56 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Those wheels were made for the sclass....a perfect match. The color adds to the stateliness of the car. The look is right....except for the smoked tails. Doesn't flow well with this type of car imo. Nice to hear someone getting a great deal, they're usually over priced.
Old 01-01-06, 06:08 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Very very nice.. Add a good security system to her, if haven't done so.
Old 01-01-06, 07:43 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree, I really think the MB stylist knocked one out of the park with the w220. Its a shame alot of purists thought it was "too tame" and now MB is chasing after BMW as far as flaship styling goes. (more of a shock and awe type styling)
I'm not a purist but I was in total disbelief when the W220 first came out. I thought the old big body s-class has so presence on the road and the newer version looked like a ...Toyota or something. After the years have passed I see the W220 as one of the best looking cars ever created. Maybe the newest version will grow on me too.
Old 01-01-06, 07:53 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice car, I also agree the smoked tails are killing the look though.
Old 01-01-06, 08:15 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by tkracing
I got some new mods for the S class. Some of you may remember my car being jacked a few months ago. I had some damage and had to replace a few things so went with some new upgrades. Lowenhart LDR's 20x8.5 in front and 20x10 in the rear. Lorinser rear deck lid, smoked taillights and side marker lights. Finishing it with MB Quartz Q's 6.5's front and rear, Alumapro 12's in the rear, 2-500 watt JBL amps for the 12's and JBL 450 for the Q's. Very happy with all the work done... What do you think?

Its raining so the pics arent the best.
Very very classy and I love the color. Great work!

Old 01-01-06, 08:38 AM
tkracing
Lead Lap

I see alot of guys dont like the smoked tails. Havent had them long just trying a new look. I have a set of non smoked as well for when I get sick of the smoked look. Maybe the pics dont do it justice but in person the tails look sweet. I questioned it when I saw them but after they went on it looked nice...Different. Anyway it was a christmas present from my wife. She tried to be creative and do something different. Bought the tails and sent them out to be done. I give her credit for thinking of it. For those not liking the tails heres a front pic..
Attached Thumbnails Some new upgrades to the S-class-img_0835-small-.jpg  
Old 01-01-06, 10:11 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

you also changed out the headlights to the newer (or euro) style right?

very nice car. i agree i am partial to the taillights, i don't prefer smoke myself.. but your wife really did you a good one

and s600, what else can i say
Old 01-01-06, 10:30 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by reggiek
I'm not a purist but I was in total disbelief when the W220 first came out. I thought the old big body s-class has so presence on the road and the newer version looked like a ...Toyota or something. After the years have passed I see the W220 as one of the best looking cars ever created. Maybe the newest version will grow on me too.
Yeah, I was the complete opposite, my grandfather picked up a S500 in late 2000 and I drooled over that thing for the longest time, just loved that sleek bodystyle! Its funny you say that about the w221 though, because I was just telling someone the other day that there is almost no new car that you like initiallym they all kinda have to grow on you.

I didn't like the LS430 in 01, the 745 in 02 the 545 in 03 etc etc but after a while you come to like them. I really think the huge shock that the 745 initially gave the marketplace has really spurred other automakers to "ramp it up" in the styling department. The new S with the crazy fenders and bustle butt trunk, the new A8 with the huge schnoz, etc etc.
Old 01-01-06, 11:47 AM
tkracing
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
you also changed out the headlights to the newer (or euro) style right?

very nice car. i agree i am partial to the taillights, i don't prefer smoke myself.. but your wife really did you a good one

and s600, what else can i say
Correct. I changed the headlights,taillights (non smoked), Grille to the CL, and button. I thought it was a much cleaner look. I have the mirror lights also but have been too lazy to put them in.
Yea I have to give her credit for creativity. She tried and I had to at least put them on. But like D-2 explains about the different cars he originally didnt like but grew on him . The taillights are having the same effect. In certain lights and different times of the day they look pretty good. I am sure I will get sick of them soon and change them back...
Old 01-01-06, 02:44 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

DON'T take those tails off. I think they look excellent especially with the 4 pin stripes. Without those stripes it wouldn't work, but this example is as classy as the car.
Old 01-01-06, 04:26 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

man-after seeing this S600 and these M5s, I'm feeling like my GS430 is just a fancy Toyota

Last edited by chuckb; 01-01-06 at 04:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Some new upgrades to the S-class