Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Possible New Skyline(G35) Coupe on Japanese Magazine Cover(new pics 1/8/06) (merged)

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-06 | 11:58 AM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
And on the new one the rear talights taper to the body like the 350Z and Maxima.
Ahhh, I just noticed that and you're right, I don't like it at all. I think the rear deck is definitely my least favorite part of the new concept - it just has too many sharp lines and weird bulges, doesn't flow like the rest of the car.

Originally Posted by AmethySC
The shape of the head lights, the grille & the tail lights are all a step back from the current to my eyes. Still an attractive coupe overall I guess, but not as stunning as when I first saw the current one.
Cool. I really like the grille and new headlights, but I agree on the tail lights. Cheers.
Old 01-08-06 | 12:11 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by AmethySC
Don't think you can easily confuse the 2, but who knows with the eyes of some people , they can't tell anything apart . . .
I am not saying anyone copied anyone, they debuted the same time
Old 01-08-06 | 12:17 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

The rear bumper has the layout somewhat of a porsche.. With the ehaust tips molded into the bumper.. It look pretty good IMO... Looks longer with the newly designed front end and hood...
Old 01-08-06 | 01:26 PM
jrock65
Lexus Test Driver

Another great design. Love the front and side profile. Car as a lower, more aggressive stance than the current G couple. The rear is a bit weird... this is a concept so hopefull they'll clean that up for production.

The interior is nice and a lot better than the current one. I much prefer wood to alumimum, but this is one of the first cars where the aluminum may actually look better.

Looks like the whole gauge panel moves along with the wheel like the current G, pretty good from an ergonomic point of view.

The Nav controller is angled flat right below the screen. I'm not sure if that is good or bad ergnomically.

Disappointed that no powertrain specs were released.
Old 01-08-06 | 01:30 PM
Chambers
Driver

Interesting... This is gonna be another one I have to get used to...

I wonder what the sedan model will look.. If they chose to make one.

EDIT: Actually i kinda like it already. If i remember correctly, they were gonna put in a 3.7 liter into this model?

Last edited by Chambers; 01-08-06 at 01:34 PM.
Old 01-08-06 | 02:07 PM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tmf2004
It still looks like a regular G35 IMO except for maybe the lights and bumper... Just a thought..

Tony
Isn't it good? I don't like it when the second generation looks completely different from the first generation.
Old 01-08-06 | 02:21 PM
jrock65
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Chambers
Interesting... This is gonna be another one I have to get used to...

I wonder what the sedan model will look.. If they chose to make one.

EDIT: Actually i kinda like it already. If i remember correctly, they were gonna put in a 3.7 liter into this model?
They're definitely making a sedan version. It'll probably come out a few months ahead of the coupe actually. I hope they make the sedan as aggressive as this.

The rumored 3.7L 330hp V6 is just that right now ... a rumor.
Old 01-08-06 | 02:42 PM
jrock65
Lexus Test Driver

Story Filed:1/8/2006 3:00 PM
New Concept Vehicle From Infiniti

Fresh off a record sales year in the U.S. in 2005, Infiniti unveiled a concept car that shows a sleek, modern design theme for the next-generation G35 coupe.
At a world premiere at the NAIAS, the two-door concept car glistened under the spotlights at the Infiniti display as Mark Igo, vice president and general manager of Infiniti, said the company has made its mark with consumers because of styling and design.
“We are building the foundation on dynamic design,” Igo told the news media.
The concept car retains the basic shape of the current rear-wheel-drive G35 coupe, but projector headlamps are more eye-catching and the concept car, overall, sits lower to the ground.
There are subtly hidden outer door handles on the concept. The concept’s body side metal is more roundly shaped than in the current car, and there are prominent wheel bulges for the 20-inch, low-profile tires. The current G35 coupe rides on maximum 19-inch tires.
But perhaps most memorable on the outside is the sheen of the silver-colored body metal. While it looks like bare metal, it’s actually created from a “bare metal” paint.
The concept’s roof is full-length glass that provides a spacious feel inside. The car’s center console has two “waves” of textured aluminum trim, and instrumentation has a unique purple lighting. There’s also a sizable, 7-inch, color information display.
Igo said the current-generation G35 coupe remains in the lineup for at least a year, while the G35 sedan will be replaced after this model year. Infiniti plans to preview the new G35 sedan in April at the New York Auto Show, he added.
Besides the success with record sales, Infiniti also has a new, lower average age of its buyers – 46. Igo said this is the lowest of all luxury brands. It’s also 6 years younger than the average age of Infiniti buyers a few years earlier.
Indeed, the G35 coupe outsold the BMW 3-Series coupe in 2005, Igo said.
Igo reminded reporters that this year marks the start of a renovation of Infiniti dealerships, which have maintained their look since Infiniti was launched more than 15 years ago. The first fully renovated dealership will be completed this summer in Phoenix, he said.
He projected Infiniti’s U.S. sales to be about flat in calendar 2006 with the 136,401 sales of calendar 2005. Some of this will be due to the changeout of the 2006 G35 sedan with the new, 2007 model. The G35 sedan is Infiniti’s top-selling car. The G35 coupe is the second best-selling car.

http://autoshow.msn.com/as/article.a...c=autoshow2006
Old 01-08-06 | 03:08 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

The concept’s roof is full-length glass that provides a spacious feel inside.
Definitely hope that makes it to production. I've suggested this a few times in the past for the G35 coupe
Old 01-08-06 | 06:13 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

If the new G coupe looks like this concept, it will sell a ton of these. This car looks HOTTT. (3Series and IS will be hurting)

Old 01-08-06 | 11:01 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
CL Folding 25,000

It looks okay. Not completely impressed. Honestly, it looks the same, but thats not a bad thing either(but I have strong mixed feelings. At the same time it looks dated.) But the front, looking from the side looks like someone stepped on the hood. The hood seems so long and straight.

What needs a major improvement is the sedan, not the coupe.
Old 01-08-06 | 11:25 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

wow, never wanted a G coupe but this thing is pretty impressive.
Old 01-09-06 | 09:12 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
If the new G coupe looks like this concept, it will sell a ton of these. This car looks HOTTT. (3Series and IS will be hurting)

hurting? why? they still need to prove themselves. it looks nice but i see the shadow of the z/g. but i am paying a close attention
Old 01-09-06 | 09:38 PM
jrock65
Lexus Test Driver

I don't see anyone hurting, but I don't think the G35 Coupe has to really prove anything. The current one is already the best selling luxury coupe in the US, and has been since its intro. I see no reason why this new G35 Coupe won't continue that trend.
Old 01-09-06 | 11:23 PM
LexKilla
Driver School Candidate

Default NEW Infiniti M45 Coupe !!!

Car length is equivalent to the CL500 and rumored to have 400+ HP. 20inch wheels will be stock.

Last edited by LexKilla; 01-09-06 at 11:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Possible New Skyline(G35) Coupe on Japanese Magazine Cover(new pics 1/8/06) (merged)