Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Whalen Shift Machine - Weighted Custom Shifter

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-06, 02:16 PM
Frydryce
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whalen Shift Machine - Weighted Custom Shifter

I posted this on .net and wanted to share this idea with all of you. Please let me know if you are interested in this product. I am working something out with the owner right now to setup the machine for our thread. Also this will work with any Toyota threaded shifter so please forward this to anyone you know who would be interested.

I got a chance to sit in my buddies BMW530 5spd and noticed that his shifter had a really nice feel. I soon learn that he replaced his **** with one that is weighted heavier to create a smoother feel in the shift.

After playing around with it for awhile the feel is amazing. the increased weight at the top decreases the force you have to apply in getting the shifter into gear. Especially for us that have a short shifter and the shifts are a little notchy, this will help us out the most.

Even better, is that these ***** are fully customizable. You can get chrome or brushed aluminum or a combo of both. and you can get any pattern engraved onto the shifter. its a thing of beauty and function.

i am contacting the owner right now to see if he would be willing to adapt the BMW collar to just a thread for us toyota guys. let me know if you would be interested in this.

He's selling this to BMW and Mini guys for 130 for the base shifter then $20 for the custom engraving.

EDIT/UPDATE: I just spoke with the owner and since a collar is not needed the price will be $105 for the shifter. Again the $20 applies for custom patterns on top. i will keep you all updated as i'm working things out with him.

here are a few examples

Old 01-04-06, 08:45 PM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like a great idea, but you can't just go selling stuff like this on CL. we gots rules ya know.
Old 01-04-06, 09:11 PM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Wow, those really do look nice.