Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lamborghini Miura Concept

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-06, 10:36 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts
Unhappy Lamborghini Miura Concept

Built on a modified Gallardo platform housing a V12 producing over 700+hp. With the addition of turbos 1000hp is within reach.

While browsing the internet, Ive noticed a few Lambo owners giving it the big And I agree. This Miura concept while a good updated version of the original is just not cutting it today. Style wise, it does not fit in with the outragous and in your face design of the current lineup of Lambo cars. Expected to go on sale in 07, but with generally negative reviews, who actually knows if they are still going to produce it. Sad really.

Last edited by magneto112; 01-05-06 at 10:45 AM.
Old 01-05-06, 10:56 AM
baddis es
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks to similar to a ford GT....bad move!!!
Old 01-05-06, 11:00 AM
MadMax96
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I dig it... the automakers are all going retro - why shouldn't they?
Old 01-05-06, 11:04 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Originally Posted by magneto112
While browsing the internet, Ive noticed a few Lambo owners giving it the big And I agree. This Miura concept while a good updated version of the original is just not cutting it today. Style wise, it does not fit in with the outragous and in your face design of the current lineup of Lambo cars. Expected to go on sale in 07, but with generally negative reviews, who actually knows if they are still going to produce it. Sad really.
I agree with what you are saying here G, but when the Miura was first released, wasn't the styling considered FAR from what Lambos were at the time? Today it's styling is considered classic!

Perhaps the demographic of the Lambo buyer has changed a lot from the 60's. It will be interesting to see if Lamborghini goes forward with this project and if so, what the sales figures are for it.
Old 01-05-06, 11:20 AM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

i like it...........................
Old 01-05-06, 11:32 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by mkorsu
I agree with what you are saying here G, but when the Miura was first released, wasn't the styling considered FAR from what Lambos were at the time? Today it's styling is considered classic!

Perhaps the demographic of the Lambo buyer has changed a lot from the 60's. It will be interesting to see if Lamborghini goes forward with this project and if so, what the sales figures are for it.
Yep. As far as I know you are correct. I liked the way the original Miura looked. Probably a car way ahead of its time. Smooth classy lines, a thing of beauty. But what made that car so special was the fact that it was so different, not as outragous and in your face as the Coutach or Diablo, but just an overly sexy design. Instead of making an updated copy of the classic Miura I believe Lambo should continue to look forward into the future and make something once again ahead of its time in design like the Miura was, and also like the Countach and Diablo was. Also, the fact that the Ford GT kinda looks like the Miura doesnt help either. There are striking similarities.

Who knows, they might still produce it. I was kinda doubtful in my first post because when Lambo was set to unveil the successor to the Diablo, there was a huge public outcry and the original design was canned. If they do produce it, I am sure there will still be a lot of people who love the design and I am sure they will sell everyone they make in typical Lambo fashion.
Old 01-05-06, 11:52 AM
BlkGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks like the very first lambo...
Old 01-05-06, 11:59 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Originally Posted by magneto112
Yep. As far as I know you are correct. I liked the way the original Miura looked. Probably a car way ahead of its time. Smooth classy lines, a thing of beauty. But what made that car so special was the fact that it was so different, not as outragous and in your face as the Coutach or Diablo, but just an overly sexy design. Instead of making an updated copy of the classic Miura I believe Lambo should continue to look forward into the future and make something once again ahead of its time in design like the Miura was, and also like the Countach and Diablo was. Also, the fact that the Ford GT kinda looks like the Miura doesnt help either. There are striking similarities.

Who knows, they might still produce it. I was kinda doubtful in my first post because when Lambo was set to unveil the successor to the Diablo, there was a huge public outcry and the original design was canned. If they do produce it, I am sure there will still be a lot of people who love the design and I am sure they will sell everyone they make in typical Lambo fashion.

Very good points. Perhaps it may have been better for Lamborghini to do a completely new style with this Miura. One that is not as "in your face as the Countch or Diablo" like you said, but also one not cowtowing to the retro craze.
Old 01-05-06, 12:27 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Default ...

I like it
Old 01-05-06, 01:28 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll trade in my GS for it.
Looks good to me
Old 01-05-06, 01:46 PM
AJ
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd have to see the real thing before judging
Old 01-05-06, 01:51 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by genearch
I'll reserve final judgement for the actual car...

@ first glance the front screams Ford GT and the rear looks like a Pantera
If I'm not mistaken, the Miura design came before either of these two. I like the new design, except for the wheels. It looks to be a modern rendition of a classic design.

Old 01-05-06, 02:48 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

Ugggh don't like it at all Almost as bad as the Imola . . .
Old 01-05-06, 03:30 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

It's a retro kickback, and I like it.
Old 01-05-06, 04:30 PM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

I am soooooooooo liking it! ..errrr, just clean up the wheels.....but it's a GO in my book!

Quick Reply: Lamborghini Miura Concept