Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Have you ever been told told your car is ugly?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-06, 10:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

it was pretty rude for her to say that..... i wouldn't worry coz' those people are not worth our time, we are higher class people.

and yeah, just like your car and that's more than enough
Old 01-05-06, 11:33 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would have looked at her husband and asked: "How much can I pay you to punch her in the face for me?"
Old 01-06-06, 06:26 AM
babyGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've been told that my LS is ugly... usually from my students. They are really into Spec V sentras... accords, civics, mazdas...
older people around their 20's up are usually the ones that love the LS.
Old 01-06-06, 07:40 AM
Koma

Yes. My ex-girlfriend said my car was ugly.
I don't like my tails... I hate the 92-94 tails..
Old 01-06-06, 07:43 AM
SilverLady
Lexus Test Driver

It's like this...

He's stuck in a Volvo or a little Hyundai, which she loves to take to all the politically correct PTA meetings where they sit around and talk about gun control and global warming.

He see's your LX and starts drooling. She's yanking back on his leash, but it looks like he might bark and ask you how it rides. So she comes up with a preemptive strike and says "Ugly car" to head him off.

It's not about you or your SUV. It's about people who think they are morally superior and like to control everyone's lifestyle.
Old 01-06-06, 08:28 AM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Try not to be too self conscious. Don't worry what others think, you will never be happy if you do. The LX is a great SUV and is very beautiful. That guy's wife in unaware what the LX is all about. If she only knew.

The LX has a heritage that stems back to the Toyota Landcruiser and no one can argue what a great vehicle that is. The reliability pretty much stands alone. There is no way for example a Land Rover could outstand the test of time and performance of an LX 470.

Last edited by Trexus; 01-07-06 at 12:24 PM.
Old 01-06-06, 09:59 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Don't worry about it. No matter what you do in life you cannot satisfy everyone. Even posting on CL there are those who will agree with you and those who won't. If YOU like the vehicle.....which is the most important thing ( and the LX is very impressive in many ways ) ......... never mind what that woman says and get on with life.
Old 01-06-06, 11:22 AM
JJG2005
Lead Lap

I get told all the time how ugly my ES and SC are... always by the same group of DSMers (Eclipse / Talon drivers) that hate on me because I sold my unreliable POS ugly Talon for 2 Lexus cars... Everyone else compliments the Lexus and I think the DSMers get jealous.
Old 01-06-06, 02:04 PM
BobsGX
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Don't worry about it. No matter what you do in life you cannot satisfy everyone. Even posting on CL there are those who will agree with you and those who won't. If YOU like the vehicle.....which is the most important thing ( and the LX is very impressive in many ways ) ......... never mind what that woman says and get on with life.
This is the best response yet.
Old 01-06-06, 02:41 PM
Leets
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
i wouldn't worry coz' those people are not worth our time, we are higher class people.
See, I try explaining to people that I'm just better than them, but for some reason that just upsets them more.
Old 01-06-06, 03:34 PM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

Told my car is ugly? I own a G35 sedan, you tell me!

Really though, most folks seem to really like it, but online you hear "well the coupe is so hot but the sedan, blah!". It's funny though, before the coupe was released (a year after the sedan), everyone loved the sedan. I do admit it does look a little blah beside the coupe.

I'll say this though - I owned a coupe in California, and I loved the damn thing (and would love to own another), but as sexy as it was I really do like the practicality of the sedan, and with some mods it isn't that hideous.

So ya, don't sweat it.
Old 01-06-06, 03:41 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

As long as the sun shines, there will be haters....or more accurately people who are jealous. And it doesn't even make sense, a lexus is still just a car and most of the people here don't act like their stuff don't stink cause they have one....I hope.
I get so many admiring looks sometimes it bothers me until I see their intentions. Just today, I was approaching my car from a distance and this guy was standing there looking at it. Then he walked all around it. I'm wondering if he was casing it. When he stopped again just to stare I knew he was a car guy. Actually, this happens sort of regularly. It feels pretty good but it's still just a car.
Old 01-06-06, 04:36 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I had some whiskey tango woman say "Look what some idiot did to that nice Lexus" although she didn't know the car was mine. I would have been mad but then I realised that it wasn't worth my time.

Jonny
Old 01-06-06, 04:43 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by picus
Told my car is ugly? I own a G35 sedan, you tell me!

Really though, most folks seem to really like it, but online you hear "well the coupe is so hot but the sedan, blah!". It's funny though, before the coupe was released (a year after the sedan), everyone loved the sedan. I do admit it does look a little blah beside the coupe.

I'll say this though - I owned a coupe in California, and I loved the damn thing (and would love to own another), but as sexy as it was I really do like the practicality of the sedan, and with some mods it isn't that hideous.

So ya, don't sweat it.
Its a lil different.
LX 470=not ugly, so to call it ugly is total B.S
G35 sedan=hideous, so to call it ugly is on the mark

Ahhhhhh, its great to be back
Originally Posted by VAL678
Have you ever been told your car is ugly?

I was at Costco and I was going back to my car and this guy asks "Is that your car." I say "yup"
Then his wife says " That car is Ugly." It's a black 1999 LX470 what I think is beautiful. Just woundering if that has ever happened to anyone.
U should have taken down the tag and PMd me. we could have had fun with this I would have said "not as ugly as your daughter" or something to that effect, used the world famous LX 470 off road prowness, ran over their car, then pulled out the wife, dragged her to the gasoline pump, pulled out my credit car, put $3.00 on regular (she doesn't deserve premium) opened her mouth AND TOLD HER DRINK UP.

But thats just me

Old 01-06-06, 04:53 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

I would have looked at her and said "Aww, a special needs child"

Quick Reply: Have you ever been told told your car is ugly?