Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Have you ever been told told your car is ugly?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-09, 10:15 PM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by leedogg
Everything looks nice but that rain gutter periscope. wtf? Is that really part of the car? lol
LOL

Yes, that is a real part on the car, its called a snorkel, many Americans (yes, americans) don't know what a snorkel is, they think its a random tube, but the reason for it being placed and designed how it is to elevate the air induction height, back in Colorado we found snow in our air-box, kinda scary, so we imported that from the Outback, so while you or others would be stuck in a heavy blizzard/fire/heavy silt conditions with a clogged airbox the car with the snorkel will keep trotting along!

3/4 United Nation Land Cruisers have one!

and every car in the Dakar Rally uses one!

Originally Posted by lex
I agree, it looks old and I like the new one a lot better.

That car on the photo doesn't deserve a Lexus badge. It should of been done to a Toyota LC. To me Lexus is all about good looks and comfort.

You wouldn't even want to know what my LX470 has been through, also the LX470 is a rebadged Land Cruiser with UZJ100 written on the right front of chasis, so in truth its not a real lexus at all!

That LX470/Land Cruiser deserves more than rich pansies going to the mall in them!

Last edited by valgs350; 02-15-09 at 10:56 PM.
Old 02-15-09, 10:43 PM
yusef
Lexus Champion

lol valli actually uses his cars...

isnt that the purpose of it...isnt that the purpose of a Sport Utility Vehicle...

its not designed to go out and get groceries, its designed to take you places normal cars cant go, and do it in luxury. the snorkel is a MUST if your going to fulfill its purpose.

90% of landrovers, landcruisers and especially LXs are bought to go to and from soccer practice. I applaud valli for using the car for what it was designed for.

and lol as for not deserving a lexus badge, why wouldnt it deserve to be a lexus?
Old 02-15-09, 11:00 PM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by yusef
lol valli actually uses his cars...

isnt that the purpose of it...isnt that the purpose of a Sport Utility Vehicle...

its not designed to go out and get groceries, its designed to take you places normal cars cant go, and do it in luxury. the snorkel is a MUST if your going to fulfill its purpose.

90% of landrovers, landcruisers and especially LXs are bought to go to and from soccer practice. I applaud valli for using the car for what it was designed for.

and lol as for not deserving a lexus badge, why wouldnt it deserve to be a lexus?

Cause are buddy Lex overthere thinks any car without chrome should not be a Lexus!

No Chrome grill, no lexus badge
Old 02-16-09, 06:03 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by valgs350
LOL

Yes, that is a real part on the car, its called a snorkel, many Americans (yes, americans) don't know what a snorkel is
I'm pretty sure every last car guy I know that's into off roading is well aware what a snorkel is used for. They're not installed on 3/4s of the land cruisers over here or anything because most people here with an LC will barely traverse anything deeper than a mud puddle in the parking lot at the mall.

If 3/4s of the people in other countries are doing that mod then I have to believe that either 3/4s of those vehicles get used for serious off roading, or else there's a hell of a lot of poseurs over there.
Old 02-16-09, 06:37 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

as requested by OP