Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Sickest 6-series

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-06 | 07:28 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by trent
I really like the car, it's just the back end of the 6 series is so ugly to me, and the wing does nothing for the car.
Stock, its nasty looking Throw on some nice 22s and its way hot

Alot of nice cars out there are ugly stock. Even the stock SC430 looks ugly until I went on CL and saw them on nice rims. Makes a world difference
Old 01-19-06 | 08:58 AM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
i thought a loaded 6 is "only" around 80k? and brakes along i think that's like 4k already. the hre wheels, i am not surprised if it's over 6k, together with body kits i say around 4k. drop, etc.... and yeah, he looks pretty young too. but seriously, it's nothing too surprising. i mean, back in my college days, i saw people driving ferrari to school.
The hardtop starts at $71k and the 'vert starts a little under $79k. It's another car (like the SL) that leaves me befuddled when I try to justify the price

Sexiness alone doesn't justify it, unfortunately

Edit: Those 2-tone badges are sexy
Old 01-19-06 | 09:22 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TheRupp
The hardtop starts at $71k and the 'vert starts a little under $79k. It's another car (like the SL) that leaves me befuddled when I try to justify the price

Sexiness alone doesn't justify it, unfortunately

Edit: Those 2-tone badges are sexy
Yea I dont think I would ever justifying buying such cars. For near that amount of money, you can get a used Diablo and you can turn more heads. Or, if you can try to get a Maserati
Old 01-19-06 | 09:59 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AmethySC
I think he looks like a she ? (both driver & passenger)
That's right, she is a Russian gal. Spoke with her at Hot Import Daze about 18 months ago.
Pretty cool chick... perhaps a little bit more attitude than I would like.

Nice car (I spec'd the offsets for the HREs for it back in the day- it was the first 6er HRE did)..
The Hamann kits always look a little 'busy' to me.
Old 01-19-06 | 01:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by genearch
Loaded (Steptronic) is $88K out the door. Mine was $85K and I passed on Active steering and Active cruise. No need for either of them.

A loaded M6 will be right at $103K, add $3700 for gas guzzler, then tax & registration and it'll likely be in the $112K range.

BMW fan or not, you'd be hard pressed to find a four seat performance coupe in that price range. The 997 Turbo will lileky be in the $160K range. The performance of the CLS55 is close, but we all know it's not a coupe...
yeah so the car is about 80k sticker then. i kept on remembering that the m is about 20k more. and damn, so the cat is out of the bag, i can officially congrats you on the upcoming m6 just get the black, i still think that's the best color. and yes, one might think 100+k is a lot of money for the car, but for the performance that's a good price. people probably think that way coz' they think it's "just another 6 series"

Originally Posted by AmethySC
I think he looks like a she ? (both driver & passenger)
yup, like bob said it's a gal. she was almost one of the very first person to get the 6 and heavily modify the car. i believe she was almost the firs tone with kits, lowered, and wheels (hre too!). there was some talk about her as to where she came from, coz' before that it seems like no one really knew about this gal but suddenly she came out so strong with this nice modified high end car

ok, where's our private investigators?
Old 01-19-06 | 01:50 PM
Dr.G
Lead Lap

I likey this one...

Last edited by Dr.G; 01-19-06 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-19-06 | 01:58 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

i love that car
Old 01-19-06 | 02:06 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

(cat coming out of bag time)

I have a #3 position and a deposit placed for an M6 at MSRP. If deliveries begin in April/May as planned, I'll have a car in the July/Aug timeframe. I love black, but the only black offered is "sapphire black". I'll likely go with a "M Exclusive" color.. I love the look/color of this car with the Radenergie R20's...
Oh man, I was jealous enough at your 650...now a M6???

I don't know what it is, but I just love the 6 series coupe design. I say get the M6 and sell me your 650 w/ a Club Lexus discount
Old 01-19-06 | 02:20 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by INHOCJP
Oh man, I was jealous enough at your 650...now a M6???

I don't know what it is, but I just love the 6 series coupe design. I say get the M6 and sell me your 650 w/ a Club Lexus discount
hey, get in line, buddy!
Old 01-19-06 | 07:20 PM
vinh
Lexus Champion

it's a girls car.........and she is SMOKIN!!!

im pretty sure her name is Zhanna from europrokekts

seen her car at a couple of shows and pictures honestly dont do it justice. I dont care what you guys say, i think everything flows very well
Old 01-19-06 | 10:02 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

I really have to give the color some thought. The black is "sapphire" vs. my current "Jet" black. if it was jet black, i'd likely go black. Speaking to some of the "BMW purists" in person and on web forums, everyone pretty much say that M cars should always be bought in "M exclusive" colors, and not in colors available on the standard 6 series.
so what's the difference between jet and sapphire?

i wonder what exclusive color there would be for the m6? doesn't seem like it's on bmwusa.com yet
Old 01-19-06 | 11:29 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

did you guys read on the bmw forums on 3 different occasions the motor FAILED at less than 10k miles ?? would you spend all that crazy money for a car with major problems like that
Old 01-19-06 | 11:37 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by lexusondubs
did you guys read on the bmw forums on 3 different occasions the motor FAILED at less than 10k miles ?? would you spend all that crazy money for a car with major problems like that
no i haven't. and what's the cause of the failure, manufacturer defect? and i wouldn't call 3 engines a significant number at all, wouldn't say that's a "major" problem yet. nothing like the failing trannies i have seen on acuras for example
Old 01-20-06 | 10:49 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

hey, get in line, buddy!
Nevermind, don't want to jeapordize our LS460 group buy Henry.
Old 01-20-06 | 11:03 AM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

no i haven't. and what's the cause of the failure, manufacturer defect? and i wouldn't call 3 engines a significant number at all, wouldn't say that's a "major" problem yet. nothing like the failing trannies i have seen on acuras for example
agreed but i never said a significant number was defective 1 of them had a blown head gasket 1 had a broken connecting rod and 1 of them had engine failure that the dealer wouldnt even tell the owner what exactly happened i personally dont remember any lexus having total engine failure before the 10k mark .Dont get me wrong i like bmw my favorite is the 745 but with major problems like this and the electrical problems i could never own 1

Quick Reply: Sickest 6-series