Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus VDIM gets Safety Innovation Award . . .

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-06 | 01:43 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
Sorry I'm not specifically talking about you, rominl, but I think the argument of whether we should call the secret sequence a "VSC-off" or a "VDIM-off" is a silly and pointless one. The point is, with the code, a driver is allowed to perform just about any maneuver he or she wants without any intervention--there's no traction control, there's no stability control, there's no throttle cutoff, and there's no steering correction observed by anyone who's tried the code...there's simply NOTHING left besides perhaps the braking control system for VDIM to "seamlessly integrate" anymore, since that's what VDIM is all about. If there's nothing to "integrate", can the integration system function anymore? NO.

So can we end this "VDIM-off is not VSC-off" thing once and for all already? It's getting a bit tiring to see this brought up everytime the secret sequence is mentioned.
nah point well taken. if that's really the case (everything shuts off), then yes i agree it is pointless to see what system it is shutting down. i was just basing on what i have read about the "confirmations" on what's being shut down, and i have never read a good solid answer on it

from your post i think that's conclusive enough: if everything is shuts off, personally i can care less if it's vsc or vdim. we can just say nothing is on, that's even better
Old 01-24-06 | 07:30 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
Sorry I'm not specifically talking about you, rominl, but I think the argument of whether we should call the secret sequence a "VSC-off" or a "VDIM-off" is a silly and pointless one. The point is, with the code, a driver is allowed to perform just about any maneuver he or she wants without any intervention--there's no traction control, there's no stability control, there's no throttle cutoff, and there's no steering correction observed by anyone who's tried the code...there's simply NOTHING left besides perhaps the braking control system for VDIM to "seamlessly integrate" anymore, since that's what VDIM is all about. If there's nothing to "integrate", can the integration system function anymore? NO.

So can we end this "VDIM-off is not VSC-off" thing once and for all already? It's getting a bit tiring to see this brought up everytime the secret sequence is mentioned.
I agree. VDIM is the "central computer" that integrates all these other systems, but seeing as the "cheat mode" turns them off, then by default VDIM technically is no longer operating, other than ABS I believe. VDIM may even be "on", but realistically it won't be doing anything. Seeing as the "cheat mode" lets you fishtail the car(backed up by several IS and GS owners ) then VDIM realistically isn't fully functioning, even if "on".