Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

The forbidden fruit

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-06, 04:59 PM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes, the electronics are the same. The thing going for it is that there really haven't been that many issues with the electronics in the later C-Class (W203) models since they have been around a while. I have had zero issues with mine. Seems they figured out most of the major issues.

The only thing that drives me crazy is the crappy digital HVAC controls...a complete lack of thought went into making it...seems they were more into the aesthetics of the design versus function. Also the nav screen is just slightly bigger than my blackberry screen...those crazy Germans...
Old 01-25-06, 01:00 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 163 Likes on 139 Posts

I remember with a 90 325i I had tons of issues with the electronics and plastic. I see the same things in VWs. Not sure if it is a virus.
Old 01-25-06, 02:37 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KVA
Yes, the electronics are the same. The thing going for it is that there really haven't been that many issues with the electronics in the later C-Class (W203) models since they have been around a while. I have had zero issues with mine. Seems they figured out most of the major issues.

I agree on the C class. I have a few friend's with the latest C-Class and none of them had any problems yet. Hopefully they don't get any major problems in the future. The C-Class seems to be one of the more reliable classes in the ML line up. Have you heard anything about the W209 CLK though?? Just wonering because I really like that car and wouldn't mind owning one.
Old 01-25-06, 02:51 PM
JsN
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A good friend of mine has a C55 and so far has no problems and let me tell ya that things a beast! I agree that MB/BMW is no where near Lexus quality but hey thats what warrantys for . Even with my new 06 M Ive already visited the dealer regarding a minor electrical problem but hey at the end of the day I dont ever regret getting the M. Don't let some minor problems stop you from getting what you want rather then settling for something else and regretting it later.
Old 01-25-06, 07:53 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JsN
A good friend of mine has a C55 and so far has no problems and let me tell ya that things a beast! I agree that MB/BMW is no where near Lexus quality but hey thats what warrantys for . Even with my new 06 M Ive already visited the dealer regarding a minor electrical problem but hey at the end of the day I dont ever regret getting the M. Don't let some minor problems stop you from getting what you want rather then settling for something else and regretting it later.
but there is a level of expectation that you have when you purchase a super high performance german marquee...i would be very disappointed if i had to take it in for any warranty work during the initial warranty period.