Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

New INFINITI COUPE Concept... A Sign Of Things To Come!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-06, 11:59 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up New INFINITI COUPE Concept... A Sign Of Things To Come!

Mr. Ghosen and the folks at Nissan/Infiniti continue to "slap the Automotive market" in the face with progressive, sexy, stylish, and powerful products as seen here with their next Coupe!

And if this shot ain't sexy yet menacing, then I don't know what is!

Infiniti today unveiled a dramatic new concept vehicle, the Infiniti Coupe Concept, at the 2006 North American International Auto Show. The Coupe Concept takes Infiniti’s vibrant design vocabulary, which has helped establish Infiniti as one of the most dynamic brands in the luxury market, and "elevates it to the next level." Among the Coupe Concept’s exterior design features are a full-length glass panel roof, modulated front fenders and hood, deep front spoiler and large projector headlights, polished bare metal-look paint, compact camera outside rearview mirrors, hidden door handles and large 20-inch, 9-spoke painted aluminum-alloy wheels. In November we reported that Infinti would show a new 2007 G35 coupe concept in Detroit, followed by a production model at the New York Auto Show in April. More photos and details after the jump…
The Coupe Concept interior combines a performance-inspired cockpit with a luxurious passengers’ space featuring a “double wave” instrument panel design, with large, violet-color gauge illumination and a dramatic, full-length center console. Specially textured aluminum accents project the image of traditional Japanese “Washi” paper, providing an added sense of warmth and crispness.
“The Infiniti Coupe Concept embraces the continuous advancement of Infiniti design with a unique combination of passion, imagination and creativity,” said Mark Igo, vice president and general manager, Infiniti.
Old 01-31-06, 12:06 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I relly like the design of this car. When this car comes out it will be one of the hottest coupes out there.
Old 01-31-06, 12:12 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks nice, but hope the production vehicle looks the same. I thought the concept M looked great, but the production vehicle was too tame.
Old 01-31-06, 01:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i agree, i think the concept looks pretty slick, and carries a lot off the current g. just hope the final one is the same
Old 01-31-06, 01:28 PM
onihc
I heart Honda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

looks like new head lights and tail lights on the current Gcoupe on the exterior. The interior looks totally different though. are there more changes than i can see?
Old 01-31-06, 03:07 PM
r4z0r3ck
Lead Lap

its just a subtle upgrade exterior wise, but nissan/infinti listens to their buyers and delivers with the resurrection of the Z, new skyline to america, etc. they stuck to their guns knowing the current g35 sold extremely well so if they had made a drastic change they probably would have lost a lot of buyers.
Old 01-31-06, 03:11 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a good improvement
Old 01-31-06, 03:14 PM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by r4z0r3ck
its just a subtle upgrade exterior wise, but nissan/infinti listens to their buyers and delivers with the resurrection of the Z, new skyline to america, etc. they stuck to their guns knowing the current g35 sold extremely well so if they had made a drastic change they probably would have lost a lot of buyers.
Their interiors are what strayed away a few buyers. That interior looks a lot better than the current, so we'll see
Old 01-31-06, 03:16 PM
SBMGS4
Lead Lap

Awesome!!

Smoothed the lines more and looks like a wider stance..I like the shape of the doors much better and the interior is sweet...
Old 01-31-06, 03:18 PM
r4z0r3ck
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TheRupp
Their interiors are what strayed away a few buyers. That interior looks a lot better than the current, so we'll see
it strayed me i was gonna purchase the g35 coupe last year but decided to wait for the new IS due to the interior. but im planning on getting the IS during the 2nd generation but by then the new g35 mite come out so i mite go for that.
Old 01-31-06, 03:51 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Love this new version of the G35. My complaint would be I think Nissan/Infiniti is making a mistake changing the car too soon. Historically, their cars have had low resale and problems holding value. Imitation is good when you imitate success. Look at how long Lexus and Benz keep styles. Even BMW usually holds a style pretty long. These cars are successful and hold value. The G35 has been doing well. I like this new car but think Infiniti is doing it too soon.
Old 01-31-06, 04:22 PM
LexFather

Super Repost.