Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Spyshots of 2007 Lexus ES

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-06 | 04:07 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Default Spyshots of 2007 Lexus ES

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2006/01/lexus-es-2007.html

The car will officially debut at the Chicago auto show, on Feb. 8th, 2006. the front and rear facias are an improvement from the current model, but looked at from any other angle besides straight on, the car still looks pretty big/bloated/bulky/fat/boring/ugly... and the camry roots are still sorely obvious. i'm not sure what to think of that interior. the ovular center console is pretty strange looking, and doesn't seem to blend with anything else... that said, i'm sure it'll make a great buick, once again.

Old 01-31-06 | 04:13 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

What a rip off from the RL

Last edited by Och; 01-31-06 at 04:18 PM.
Old 01-31-06 | 04:15 PM
LexFather

So basically, you went through all this effort to start a thread and bash the car. That car may not drive like a Ferrari, like everyone wants their car to be like , but instead, focuses on providing the best luxury experience you can get for the money.

That being said, I hope it looks better in person than in those pics.
Old 01-31-06 | 04:16 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
So basically, you went through all this effort to start a thread and bash the car. That car may not drive like a Ferrari, like everyone wants their car to be like , but instead, focuses on providing the best luxury experience you can get for the money.

That being said, I hope it looks better in person than in those pics.

i'm not bashing the car, just merely stating that it's front looks exactly like an RL.
Old 01-31-06 | 04:20 PM
LexFather

[QUOTE=Och]What a rip off from the RL
[QUOTE]
Let me school you like so many of you out there with no clue. If you knew ANYTHING about the ES, it has ALWAYS had a grill with horizontal slants. ALWAYS. And every year, the grill gets larger with more slants.
The ES had this grill BEFORE the RL was even an RL.

So because the ES has suceeded in growing and having a styling cue such as this and its redesigned, and some new car comes with the exact same look, when the restyled car comes around, its copying the new car.

HELL NO!!!

Its the same crap people saying when the GS came out and they said it copied the Max. Teh GS is evolving, so when Nissan made the Max look like a GS, when the new GS came out, well, the dumb ******** threw in their dumb 2 cents.

Now the same thing with the ES.

THe funny thing, outside the SH-AWD, the ES will probably be on par with the RL in everything, and people will gladly pay for this LEXUS instead of your favorite car, which sells as well as water to fish.
Old 01-31-06 | 04:21 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Och
i'm not bashing the car, just merely stating that it's front looks exactly like an RL.
You're welcome to join the thread currently ongoing here.

BTW, as noted in that thread, I agree with you that the new front looks too close to the RL's for comfort.
Old 01-31-06 | 04:22 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Och
You're welcome to join the thread currently ongoing here in the ES forum.

BTW, as noted in that thread, I agree with you that the new front looks too close to the RL's for comfort.
Old 01-31-06 | 04:23 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

I actually think it looks much better than the current ES. In fact, I actually like the exterior appearance. But I agree that the oval interior is a bit odd.

Wonder if it's getting the newer nav display?