Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

I few things YOU need to know about car design

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-06 | 06:07 PM
dallison
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sha4000
but the general public wont know this
:werd: car enthusiasts will pick apart the differences, but there are a lot of people who can't tell.
my insurance agent would ask me everytime how i liked my lexus, when i had an rl, and just the opposite when i pull up in my es300. he loves cars and has 2 newer benzes and really can't tell the difference
Old 02-02-06 | 06:16 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

It doesn't really matter, I do not think that Lexus was trying to copy RL, or vice versa, I actually think its a pure coincidence that the new ES anr RL have the same looking front.
Old 02-02-06 | 06:27 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
CL Folding 25,000

Great thread. I've thought about that too at some point and time. Makes perfect sense. But what do you think about when Toyota releases statements(which they did about the Avalon) that there designs are taking 29 months to complete?? From the drawing board to pre production ready. Significantly shorter than the usual 5-6 year plan.

I personally dont see that much similarity between the two models at all. This thread isnt really about the ES and the RL only, its a general statement about the entire industry(plus as successful Lexus has been of late design wise, I personally highly doubt that they would copy an argueably failing model. )