Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Anone here in CL has a NSX?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-06, 10:11 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

interesting to know, i would have never imagined the nsx with bad turning radius
Old 02-16-06, 10:19 PM
totrider
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks for all the replies....!

After reading this thread for a while. & doing some research I've decided to get me one

Thanks again for the replies folks..
Old 02-17-06, 01:14 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck with your search. Just make sure you do your research well and don't settle.
Old 02-18-06, 10:24 AM
GS3Tek

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by totrider
After reading this thread for a while. & doing some research I've decided to get me one

Thanks again for the replies folks..
Thanks for starting this thread
It has peaked my interest also and I'm getting pretty tempted lately.

Let us know when you buy one
Old 02-18-06, 10:33 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I came close to buying one a few times but the lack of power held me back. Now that a more affordable supercharger kit is out, the potential is much nicer, especially with some gears and comptech headers.
Old 02-18-06, 05:57 PM
Matters
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ST430
you also forgot to mention the propensitiy for NSX's to oversteer very easily..AMHIK.
My Father had a beautiful white/black 1993 NSX. I almost cried when he sold it for an S2000 (which he now acknowledges was a terrible mistake).

I drove dad's NSX hard on several two hour runs. The NSX, in my opinion, does not oversteer easily at all. It is the most controlled car I have ever driven.
Old 03-20-06, 05:25 PM
Osiris_x11
Driver

Thumbs up must-buy, for all...

Very good thread! I think everyone who wants the practicality & comfort of the SC300/400 but the power & handling of a high-end sportscar should acquire an NSX! Other than the rare maint'/service interval, your only expenses should be gas, oil-changes, and tires...

If you've ever driven an MR2/MRS, not necessarily at upper speeds or WOT... but at slower speeds but in a go-kart like manner, you can get the essence of the NSX. Very crafty & responsive, as well as forgiving (for being a MR) both of them are.

I like this anology...

600-800bhp Supra turbo is a sledgehammer, whereas the 270-290bhp NSX is a scalpal... both effective instraments in their own niche's!
Old 04-26-06, 02:55 PM
volc0m08
6th Gear

my bro is on this forum, not sure of his handle but i think its "slammed" he owned a sc then to a supra and then to his nsx. here are the pics, in one of the pictures u can see his friends sc

Last edited by volc0m08; 04-26-06 at 03:03 PM.
Old 04-26-06, 03:15 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I didn't read the entire thread so this may have been said.
Anyone interested in learning more about nsx ownership can go to www.nsxprime.com
I like the stuff I read but I don't like the way they ignore others like the nsx is the only car on the planet. I've seen people flamed for posting pics of their cars. After more than a year of visiting the site, I said something about my car. A guy asked for pics so I posted some. Not one comment about the car. Over 300 views and not one comment. I'll keep visiting and reading but I'll never post on that site again.

I did invite them to visit clublexus where we welcome others.
Old 04-26-06, 04:05 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by reggiek
Anyone interested in learning more about nsx ownership can go to www.nsxprime.com
I like the stuff I read but I don't like the way they ignore others like the nsx is the only car on the planet. I've seen people flamed for posting pics of their cars. After more than a year of visiting the site, I said something about my car. A guy asked for pics so I posted some. Not one comment about the car. Over 300 views and not one comment. I'll keep visiting and reading but I'll never post on that site again.

Not everyone is like that. You'd be surprised at how many NSX ownes are members here at Club Lexus as well. I'm one of them. I post somewhat a lot here, but hardly post on the NSX forums unless it is for something specific. What you will notice about the NSX forums is that most of the time they are not interested in chit chat. They are specific and to the point. The only time things seem to go on and on is when there are misinformation about the car. Same like here. Otherwise for the most part it can be considered more of a technical site rather than a social site. The Admin and mods are exremely strict about where posts go and how you conduct yourself, so often questionable posts will get deleted very fast. Take a look in the regional sites and I think you'll find it a bit more social.

As for people being flamed for postsing pics if their cars? I've never really seen that. You have to look at who is responding though. There are a lot of non NSX owners on the site just like how Ferarri Chat gets so explosive, but most of them are not owners. You will learn after a while who is the so called bad appples, the non owners, and the real core members that are very helpful. Most of the owners of NSX's use that car as a weekend car and owner's Lexus, BMW, Mercedes and many other types of cars and I've seen other cars posted up during my 5 or so years there with no problems, do it does surprise me that people would get flamed for it. Unless it was posted in the wrong section, which again, I have to say they are very strict about where posts go.
Old 04-26-06, 05:57 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Not everyone is like that. You'd be surprised at how many NSX ownes are members here at Club Lexus as well.
I think I know a few...
Old 04-26-06, 08:19 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by pvmike1
I think I know a few...

pics of yours please

I love NSX. It's one of the cars I always awe at because of the timeless look. Acura really got their design when they released the NSX in 1990, minus the rims.

I would love to drive one, but dealers around here are ****, and most of them requires the driver to be at least 21
Old 04-26-06, 10:40 PM
toy4two
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cip
mmarshall / CK6Speed-

Be advised I would not recommend doing what I did. I did that in the NV desert when I was young, single, & stupid. But I did have solid high-speed driving under my belt. If I had the chance to do that legally (i.e., the Silver State Classic) I'd do it. But I would have the car safety inspected, and wear a helmet!!! It's just very intoxicating in the NSX to go FAST!!!! I love the sound of that hydraulic clutch shifting from 4-5 @ 135 & 5-6 @ ~ 150!!
We got a 91 NSX up to close to 200 MPH, we aren't really sure though, but we went right past the highest number on the speedo and the needle just kept going Boy were we stupid in high school, this was on the 15 freeway in the middle of the night. Do not try this at home. Great car no matter how dated the styling is getting.

I've owned an MR2 and at SCCA events you learn REAL quick, never let off the gas in a turn. I must have spun my MR2 on the street at least half a dozen times and I can' t count the number on the track.
Old 04-26-06, 10:42 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by reggiek

I am a member there, GREAT forum, great members.

Old 04-26-06, 11:02 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GSteg
pics of yours please

I love NSX. It's one of the cars I always awe at because of the timeless look. Acura really got their design when they released the NSX in 1990, minus the rims.

I would love to drive one, but dealers around here are ****, and most of them requires the driver to be at least 21
You are in California. Probably the state that has the most NSX owners in the nation. If you really wanted to drive one just ask someone. More than likely they will invite you to a local NSX meet so they can meet you and be sure you are not some nut but you'd be surprised at how many NSX owners want to share the NSX experience with others and would gladly let you drive their own car. That is one thing you'd fine different about the NSX owners and owners of other exotic cars.

Quick Reply: Anone here in CL has a NSX?