Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Anone here in CL has a NSX?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-06 | 11:28 PM
newr
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
If you really wanted to drive one just ask someone. More than likely they will invite you to a local NSX meet so they can meet you and be sure you are not some nut but you'd be surprised at how many NSX owners want to share the NSX experience with others and would gladly let you drive their own car. That is one thing you'd fine different about the NSX owners and owners of other exotic cars.
That is so true. I have experienced it a few times at the local auto-x events.
Old 04-27-06 | 12:23 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

You are in California. Probably the state that has the most NSX owners in the nation. If you really wanted to drive one just ask someone. More than likely they will invite you to a local NSX meet so they can meet you and be sure you are not some nut but you'd be surprised at how many NSX owners want to share the NSX experience with others and would gladly let you drive their own car. That is one thing you'd fine different about the NSX owners and owners of other exotic cars.
loud and clear. i should definitely go to one of the nsx meet with my wife, maybe that will change her feeling about the car
Old 04-27-06 | 01:01 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Test Drive 4 GSteg Foundation

Who: NSX owners and GSteg
When: Anytime during the weekend
What: Let GSteg nut over the NSX
Where: Buick Dealership?
Why: I need to brag about it to my friend

Event starts now!
Old 04-27-06 | 05:07 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Not everyone is like that. You'd be surprised at how many NSX ownes are members here at Club Lexus as well. I'm one of them. I post somewhat a lot here, but hardly post on the NSX forums unless it is for something specific. What you will notice about the NSX forums is that most of the time they are not interested in chit chat. They are specific and to the point. The only time things seem to go on and on is when there are misinformation about the car. Same like here. Otherwise for the most part it can be considered more of a technical site rather than a social site. The Admin and mods are exremely strict about where posts go and how you conduct yourself, so often questionable posts will get deleted very fast. Take a look in the regional sites and I think you'll find it a bit more social.

As for people being flamed for postsing pics if their cars? I've never really seen that. You have to look at who is responding though. There are a lot of non NSX owners on the site just like how Ferarri Chat gets so explosive, but most of them are not owners. You will learn after a while who is the so called bad appples, the non owners, and the real core members that are very helpful. Most of the owners of NSX's use that car as a weekend car and owner's Lexus, BMW, Mercedes and many other types of cars and I've seen other cars posted up during my 5 or so years there with no problems, do it does surprise me that people would get flamed for it. Unless it was posted in the wrong section, which again, I have to say they are very strict about where posts go.
Thanks for restoring my view of nsxprime members. I know that not all are bad but I did witness a couple of flame jobs for improper posting. Simply telling the guy to post in the appropriate section would have sufficed. As for my personal experience. It was the wheels section. The subject was about the value of staggered set-ups. I gave my opinion. One guy wanted to see my car. I posted in that thread. That was appropriate. I didn't get flamed. I'm just accustomed to some kind of comment when over 300 people view the thread. Even a negative comment would at least show some manners. It causes one to assume some snobbery. Assumptions can be misleading but mostly the result of poor communication. Here on CL, I guess we're spoiled...we have manners. I still like the nsxprime site or I wouldn't visit. Better, I like the car, I don't have to read any words.
Old 04-27-06 | 03:27 PM
yellowpad
Driver School Candidate

How can anyone be owning an NSX? It's over rated and old outdated car. Heck, it doesn't even have the rear seating..It is powered by a battery when I opened the hood. This sucker can't be that fast..
Old 04-27-06 | 03:35 PM
TLe2006
Lexus Champion

LOL!!!! i hope u'r joking.
Old 04-27-06 | 03:37 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by yellowpad
How can anyone be owning an NSX? It's over rated and old outdated car. Heck, it doesn't even have the rear seating..It is powered by a battery when I opened the hood. This sucker can't be that fast..

I upgraded to an Optima Red Top battery and gained 50 HP
Old 04-27-06 | 03:40 PM
yellowpad
Driver School Candidate

Awesome to hear!! Great $$ to power ratio.... $50 battery to 50 more ponies. 1:1 is unheard of. Gents......go get one

I upgraded to an Optima Red Top battery and gained 50 HP
Old 04-27-06 | 03:42 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Awesome to hear!! Great $$ to power ratio.... $50 battery to 50 more ponies. 1:1 is unheard of. Gents......go get one

$50 You have to show me your hook up. I got ripped as I paid $89 at Costco for mine. I''m kind of bummed about my power adder now Not as much bang for the buck as I once thought
Old 04-27-06 | 03:46 PM
yellowpad
Driver School Candidate

If you got it from Costco, return the battery after a couple of years of usage and get a new one. You will end up saving more that $29 bucks

$50 You have to show me your hook up. I got ripped as I paid $89 at Costco for mine. I''m kind of bummed about my power adder now Not as much bang for the buck as I once thought
Old 04-27-06 | 04:29 PM
LexFather

Sensing sarcasm.

You know even though on paper, it has the least power of most competiton, the NSX has always had very good acceleration.
Old 04-27-06 | 04:39 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Here we go again....the outdated word. Please give your definition of outdated. I have trouble connecting the term outdated to a car with exotic looks and since it's discontinued, is still in the current or most recent style. To me, outdated is a car that's severals years out of style. What's your definition?
Old 04-27-06 | 06:27 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Originally Posted by reggiek
Here we go again....the outdated word. Please give your definition of outdated. I have trouble connecting the term outdated to a car with exotic looks and since it's discontinued, is still in the current or most recent style. To me, outdated is a car that's severals years out of style. What's your definition?
he's being sarcastic
Old 04-27-06 | 06:28 PM
GSteg
Rookie

BTW I love costco batteries, the marine battery to be specific. No joke. I almost bought one for my GS, but it wouldn't fit, so I had to go with a duralast battery . I had the Costco battery in my old car and that battery took a beating without wanting to give up. Easily the best $40 battery I have ever bought.
Old 04-28-06 | 04:49 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GSteg
he's being sarcastic
Geez...I feel stupid. I saw the word outdated and didn't really read the whole thing.
Ugh!

Quick Reply: Anone here in CL has a NSX?