Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Horrific Car Flipover on Freeway ( Video Clip )

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-06, 12:38 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by BrickHead
I believe people could get ejected from their car in a rollover accident even when belted. This lead to some law suits against Ford (Explorer) years ago.
thats ridiculous, so what did they want ford to do remove seatbelts, good idea. You would want to be belted in especially in a rollover, if you dont get ejected like the video, your body bounces around and is basically a huge projectile striking anything and anyone in the vehicle.

In Houston there was a horrific SUV accident where 5 family members died (all had no seatbelts) did a rollover off an overpass, fell 20-30 ft down and landed on the road below. Cops and paramedics came and they could not determine who was driving the vehicle because each person was in a random location in the vehicle because of no seatbelt + rollover. Autospy showed each person had massive internal injuries from being thrown around in the vehicle

I feel extreme sorrow for the person that actually ran over the guy, they will be traumatized for life

Last edited by 4TehNguyen; 02-11-06 at 12:44 PM.
Old 02-11-06, 12:50 PM
BrickHead
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
thats ridiculous, so what did they want ford to do remove seatbelts, good idea. You would want to be belted in especially in a rollover, if you dont get ejected like the video, your body bounces around and is basically a huge projectile striking anything and anyone in the vehicle.
Kid, calm down. I didn't say you shouldn't wear seatbelt. Everyone should always be belted. I am only repeating what I saw on tv. In some rollover cases the passenger compartment gets badly deformed and the passengers are no longer tightly belted to their seats. Therefore they get ejected from their vehicles. Chill!

Those people sued Ford because they thought the Explorer had a tendency to rollover easily. Some of them were belted and still got thrown out of their vehicles.

Last edited by BrickHead; 02-11-06 at 12:56 PM.
Old 02-11-06, 12:59 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by BrickHead
Kid, calm down. I didn't say you shouldn't wear seatbelt. Everyone should always be belted. I am only repeating what I saw on tv. In some rollover cases the passenger compartment gets badly deformed and the passengers are no longer tightly belted to their seats. Therefore they get ejected from their vehicles. Chill!

Those people sued Ford because they thought the Explorer had a tendency to rollover easily. Some of them were belted and still got thrown out of their vehicles.
i wasnt upset at you i was upset at people sueing ford because of the seatbelt still ejecting you in a rollover
Old 02-11-06, 01:02 PM
BrickHead
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
i wasnt upset at you i was upset at people sueing ford because of the seatbelt still ejecting you in a rollover
No problem.