Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

07 Civic Si Sedan(prices announced)

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-06, 04:34 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts
Default 07 Civic Si Sedan(prices announced)

Key Civic Si Sedan Concept Features:

* A 197-horsepower, 16-valve, DOHC i-VTEC engine with an 8,000 rpm redline
* A close ratio 6-speed manual transmission
* A helical-type limited slip differential
* 18-inch cast aluminum alloy wheels
* 225/40ZR18 high performance tires
* 4-wheel disc brakes with large cross-drilled brake rotors
* 4-piston Brembo calipers

Old 02-08-06, 04:39 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Old 02-08-06, 04:41 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I appreciate what Honda can do with the Civic. It definately is a best buy.

However, it's still a Honda. Worse, it's still a Civic. I'd keep it if I won it...
Old 02-08-06, 04:48 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 164 Likes on 140 Posts

I remember the first time that the VTEC group down here (we never got Acura until recently) saw the first pictures of the new Civic and this Si and they just cried and were so disappointed.
Old 02-08-06, 05:23 PM
LexFather

I like the fact they made the 4door pretty much identical to the 2-door but IMO, the new Civics are hideous. They need to go back 2-3 generations and get that classic styling back.

And sorry Honda, high revving I-4s don't excite the senses anymore. I hope they still have the younger generation thinking about them, in this age of more power and bigger engines.

I will say, its a classic Honda in execution, they stay true to themselves.

Old 02-08-06, 05:34 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,302 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Except for the rear spoiler, I'm a fan. Will be much too small for me to ever own, but I like the looks.
Old 02-08-06, 05:37 PM
Leets
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
However, it's still a Honda. Worse, it's still a Civic. I'd keep it if I won it...
I wouldn't be so sure about that. After enjoying a Lex it's just not as easy to enjoy Honda's lil econo-machines. I tried going from a GS to a Civic in the name of saving money, but it just doesn't work. The Civic is an excellent car in it's class, but let's face it... us Lexus owners are just too spoiled.
Old 02-08-06, 06:14 PM
GS3Tek

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts
Thumbs up

I like the new civic, looks good and a good econo car (not the SI though ) instead of the corolla.

18's with brembo package? Man, our stock GS doesn't even have those

Oh yeah, get rid of that spaceship wing.

BTW, which came out first regarding that taillight: the new civic or the A4?
Old 02-08-06, 08:10 PM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Except for the rear spoiler, I'm a fan. Will be much too small for me to ever own, but I like the looks.
pretty much what i was thinking. the spoiler just looks so out of place, but otherwise i definitely like what i'm seeing. still can't help but think it's STILL wrong wheel drive though.
Old 02-09-06, 12:51 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Brembos on a Civic? Gotta admit, guys....that's news to me. I looked at the 2006 Civics several weeks ago....and reviewed the EX, but I did not notice that on the Si.
Old 02-09-06, 01:16 PM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brembos on a civic is a questionable decision to me. It might make some of the young buyers of the car excited ("Check out my sweet brembos!"), but they'll be a lot less excited when it comes time to replace them. Brakes like that serve a purpose, and that purpose often involves frequent replacement - if the buyers knows about that up front it's fine, if not you run into some pissed off owners. Just my thoughts on that.
Old 02-09-06, 01:23 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by picus
Brembos on a civic is a questionable decision to me. It might make some of the young buyers of the car excited ("Check out my sweet brembos!"), but they'll be a lot less excited when it comes time to replace them. Brakes like that serve a purpose, and that purpose often involves frequent replacement - if the buyers knows about that up front it's fine, if not you run into some pissed off owners. Just my thoughts on that.

I think it is only on the Si model so I think it is okay, since Honda is pushing the Si versions as their sports oriented cars. It does have 197HP and is fairly quick, so bigger better brakes is not such a bad thing.

They do have to loose the large wing spoiker though. I guess that are trying to follow Scion with offering those large deck lids for. I really like the sedan Si front end vs the normal sedan front end. For the first time I like the rear end of the sedan better than the coupe version with the 06 model. I still can't get used to the two tier dash instrument cluster though.
Old 02-09-06, 01:45 PM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya, I suppose you're right. But I can just imagine the look on the first 18 year old kids face when he has to pay $1,500 to replace the brakes on his $20,000 car.
Old 02-09-06, 04:21 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by picus
Ya, I suppose you're right. But I can just imagine the look on the first 18 year old kids face when he has to pay $1,500 to replace the brakes on his $20,000 car.
And the way many of these kids drive Si's,replace them they WILL.
Old 09-02-06, 01:15 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Honda today unveiled its 2007 Honda Civic Si Sedan, which will be on display at the Paris Motor Show later this month. The debut marks the first time that "Si" performance has become available in the Civic Sedan. Similar to the existing Civic Si Coupe, the Civic Si Sedan serves as another performance halo for the Civic line-up with a 197-horsepower, 16-valve, DOHC 2.0 liter i-VTEC 4-cylinder engine with an 8,000 rpm redline - all mated to a close-ratio, 6-speed manual transmission and a helical-type, limited slip differential. Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) with Traction Control is standard (and also added to the Civic Si Coupe as standard equipment for 2007). Similar to the Civic Si Coupe, the Civic Si Sedan has a sporty interior with deeply bolstered seats, red fabric stitching, red backlit gauges, and leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift ****.

Quick Reply: 07 Civic Si Sedan(prices announced)