Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Nissan Titan Onyx Concept

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-06, 07:02 AM
LexFather

Red face Nissan Titan Onyx Concept

CHICAGO (Feb. 8, 2006) – Nissan North America, Inc. (NNA) today unveiled the Titan Onyx, a concept version of Nissan’s popular full-size Titan pickup. Designed to add a new level of visual appeal for customers who seek higher levels of customization, the Titan Onyx is highlighted by 20-inch chrome wheels, chrome running boards and a unique grille and deep front valance.

Inside, the Titan Onyx features black interior trim, “satin” gauge bezels, embroidered floor mats, aluminum brake and accelerator pedals and special accents on the steering wheel and head restraints.

“With its powerful engine, rugged frame and innovative utility systems, the Nissan Titan provides a great foundation for developing special concept editions such as the Titan Onyx,” said Brad Bradshaw, vice president and general manager, Nissan Division. “We know that there are buyers looking for more attitude, presence and upscale appearance – trucks that, like this Onyx Concept, offer distinction from other vehicles on the road.”

The 2006 Nissan Titan is available in King Cab and Crew Cab body styles, each available with a standard 305 horsepower 5.6-liter DOHC V8 and a choice of 4x4 and 4x2 drive.

[/QUOTE]

Old 02-09-06, 07:03 AM
LexFather

My verdict. Crap inside and out.
Have a ncie day

Old 02-09-06, 08:38 AM
Initial B
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL, Agreed
Old 02-09-06, 09:52 AM
Trexus
Forum Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

I am not feeling that front bumper or the whole truck for that matter. Nissan has to go back to the drawing board in my own opinion.

Last edited by Trexus; 02-11-06 at 06:33 PM.
Old 02-09-06, 09:53 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 162 Likes on 120 Posts

wow. Someone has allowed that on the showroom floor? wow.
Old 02-09-06, 11:05 AM
Bercasio
Pole Position

They are going the wrong direction when gaining customer appeal. Can someone over @ Nissan or Ghosen for that matter, advise that VIP Style is not applicable to trucks!....Yikes! Somebody over there better be fired!!! .......I betcha Wald, Fabulous, Auto Couture, etc, are probably laughing their A$$e$ off with this kind of definite one-off Nissan creation..

Last edited by Bercasio; 02-09-06 at 11:11 AM.
Old 02-09-06, 11:13 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The interior looks pretty okay, but the exterior sure looks like complete crap. Ugly as hell seriously.
Old 02-09-06, 11:16 AM
Bercasio
Pole Position

Also note.....look at the last picture, if they can't think any better to hide the stamp steel welds, they could have @ least tried to align them....This is supposed to be a concept??? or is this a practical joke?....
Old 02-09-06, 11:18 AM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Outside looks like crap... The inside on the other hand looks nice. I would have to see it in person to be able to make a good judgement. The current interiors on the Titans are sweet!
Old 02-09-06, 11:48 AM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

It's hideous, but I bet it sells.
Old 02-09-06, 12:09 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
Senior Moderator

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

LOL.....I believe someone on another site called it the Pep Boy's Special with a Maaco paint job. and I agree.
Old 02-09-06, 04:14 PM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

If Lexus came out with the exact same package for the IS, the fanboys here would be drooling all over themselves. While this doesn't fit my tastes at all, I don't think it's any worse than many of the automotive travesties I see on the roads today. At least Nissan came up with a coordinated interior/exterior color scheme (which is more than I can say for Lexus with the Pebble Beach SC's). And it may have visible stamp welds and other flaws, but I suspect those are common to all vehicles in this price class.
Old 02-09-06, 04:31 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

I generally agree with Iceman. This is not exactly my cup of tea but I have seen worse....much worse...... in some instances. I'm not generally a fan of blacks, silvers, and grays, but this truck does that color coordination pretty well. The only thing I really don't like on this truck is the front end ( forward of the windshield pillars ) ...........it looks too much like the ugly Scion xB.
Old 02-10-06, 10:37 AM
Bercasio
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Iceman
If Lexus came out with the exact same package for the IS, the fanboys here would be drooling all over themselves. While this doesn't fit my tastes at all, I don't think it's any worse than many of the automotive travesties I see on the roads today. At least Nissan came up with a coordinated interior/exterior color scheme (which is more than I can say for Lexus with the Pebble Beach SC's). And it may have visible stamp welds and other flaws, but I suspect those are common to all vehicles in this price class.
C'mon, Nissan Corporation this big they could have done much much better. You have seen worse and so did I. But look who they are up against in this truck segement, this is Nissan's Top Dog Truck so why allow themselves be part of a basket of bad apples? It looks to be that they did a buget cut back on their R&D Concept dept and just ask MTV to "pimp their ride!" And why would you want to compare your opinions to a Lexus IS??? That's like apples and oranges. Keep it on "Trucking" with this thread. And what a corporation comes up with given all the proper equipment, people, time, and most importantly money. The term "concept" should have not been considered on this truck. More so just an "Onyx Edition" in translation "Nissan S#!Tz the Bed edition".....don't get me wrong here I appreaciate Nissan/Infinity cars and how far they have come from being down and rising to the top. I am just very disapponited that this is the best they can do to consider it Nissan Titan Onyx Concept, that's a curveball and a half...
Old 02-10-06, 06:12 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont like the exterior at all. The inside is ok, nothing great, but the exterior is not nice at all

Quick Reply: Nissan Titan Onyx Concept