Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: Lexus/Toyota, we need more blue!!
Yes, we need more of that bright blue
66.67%
No, not the colors are fine, we have the navy blue already
14.29%
Not blue but other bright colors
19.05%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Toyota/Lexus and blue (please post blue pics in here)

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-06, 11:05 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameed
The blue on the IS does not look bad at all in person.
Haven't seen it in person as I'm not as lucky as you to have gone to the Detroit Autoshow Looks like it's somewhat similar to the Daytona Blue on the 350Z right ? I don't even like it on the Z.
To me , blue is always a "cool " color & I never like bright blue. Not that I don't like bright colors though, I like yellow & red on sports cars.
Old 02-10-06, 11:15 AM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read in the NY Times a few months ago that blue is going to be the trend setting color in the industry. Even shades of silver are going to have hints of blue.

I personally have always like blue cars. I owned a blue Toyota pickup for a few years. There is such a wide range of blues that you can either go really sporty or really classy depending on the shade.

The classiest blue I've seen is the Dark Orient Blue from BMW. Almost black under low light, but very rich looking. The sportiest blue is definitely from Yamaha's sportbikes ala R1/R6.
Old 02-10-06, 01:29 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 295 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
Haven't seen it in person as I'm not as lucky as you to have gone to the Detroit Autoshow Looks like it's somewhat similar to the Daytona Blue on the 350Z right ? I don't even like it on the Z.
To me , blue is always a "cool " color & I never like bright blue. Not that I don't like bright colors though, I like yellow & red on sports cars.
On the 350Z in particular it does not look good because of the clashing silver door handles.

This one just looks spectacular to me anyway. I like it so much, that if someone made me an offer on my GS that I can't refuse, I would buy that IS in a heartbeat, even though I have decided that I don't need another 4-door car.............
Old 02-10-06, 01:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
to me, age could be another thing too. i have a blue gs and i love it, but honestly i can say i don't love it as much as i did 4 yrs ago when i got the car. when i got it i thought the color was so cool, so nice, so eye-catching, etc...

now me myself being older, i start to hold back and prefer colors like black, white, and silver again. kinda down low and don't really want the spot lights
Old 02-10-06, 03:33 PM
tzu911
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by replica
That blue on black IS is hawt!
1234567yes
Old 02-10-06, 05:15 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm still a big fan of bold, primary colors. It's a personality thing... I guess you can't be a shrinking violet with a shaven head (I shaved mine in '93, before it was "cool").

Granted, I wouldn't like Spectra Blue on a Taurus... (not that I would drive a Taurus); the color does need to be appropriate for the car. One of the best blues out there is Ferrari Tour deFrance Blue (called TDF by Ferrari afficionados).

Silver and Black cars are "safe" and low-profile... good for resale, just not for me!
Old 02-11-06, 05:59 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 295 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalSC4
Silver and Black cars are "safe" and low-profile... good for resale, just not for me!
Exactly!!!
Old 02-11-06, 07:59 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
to me, age could be another thing too. i have a blue gs and i love it, but honestly i can say i don't love it as much as i did 4 yrs ago when i got the car. when i got it i thought the color was so cool, so nice, so eye-catching, etc...
As I recall, the blue on your GS is not as bright as the one on this IS.
now me myself being older, i start to hold back and prefer colors like black, white, and silver again. kinda down low and don't really want the spot lights
I still like the fancy /unique colors as long as they are on the right kind of cars. For most Lexus models though, the more elegant colors are more appropiate than the bright ones. A ferrari red or yellow will not look good even on the IS350 IMO for example . . .
Old 02-11-06, 09:35 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

yeah the blue on my car is not close to as bright, but still it's very eye-catching on the road. imagine my car all modded on the fast lane, man, everyone looks @_@