Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti profits wane; dealers want product

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-06, 08:23 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by G35_TX
LX is being discontinued by Lexus this year.
LMAO, the LX is being discontinued.... Where did you get this info? All I know the LX is due for a redesign,but I don't think Lexus will drop the LX because of the high profit and the LX only come in one option....deck out at $75K. The LX still sell like a hot cake after 8 years.
Old 02-18-06, 08:27 PM
jrock65
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Its managment mahn. They have no vision. They got happy with a couple good years and didn't CONTINUE the progress. Now the dealers see this.

If they plan to be SERIOUS, they need a management team (hell hire ex or get Lexus employees) that has a serious vision to become a serious global brand. This means pretty much having 10 hits to 1 mistake, not the other way around.

What I would do?
Truly get Infiniti to be sporty. Slap manuals in ALL the damn cars, the M35 should have one as well as the FX 35. If they can, put them in the V-8 cars. Lexus has the hybrid market cornered, they are going after it. INfiniti needs to be the only other car maker besides BMW to offer manuals in most all its cars.

Fix the QX56 NOW. They cannot afford to be on any poor quality list.

It seems Europe likes the Nissan Skylines (G35s) grey market. Bring INfiniti over.

THey need a HALO car, not sure the sports car (GT-R) is it. You see how the new LS 460 is just ridiculous. Well, make the Q45 SUPERIOR in every aspect.
The Q is the key. It's such a tough segment though. I'm really curious to see what the replacement will be like.

Poor quality isn't the QX56's only problem. For the next gen, I hope they don't just slap on an Infiniti grill and emblem on an Armada and call it a day.

The G35 coupe is clearly Infiniti's best success so far. Outselling the 3 series coupe as a first generation model is pretty impressive.
Old 02-19-06, 12:19 AM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
You are now added to my ignore list. And your lucky I don't add you to our global ignore list. I've eaten cupcakes with a higher I.Q than you
Shift_clueless

Ahh INSULTS. Real mature of you.
Old 02-19-06, 12:26 AM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by VVT-i
LMAO, the LX is being discontinued.... Where did you get this info? All I know the LX is due for a redesign,but I don't think Lexus will drop the LX because of the high profit and the LX only come in one option....deck out at $75K. The LX still sell like a hot cake after 8 years.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...a+land+cruiser

Being dropped. No different from a G20 to a G35.
Old 03-01-06, 07:27 PM
badgis
Driver School Candidate

Default 2007 Lx

There is a 2006 LX and a 2007 LX comming in the summer. So they dropped it in 2005. Someone forgot to tell the dealers.
Old 03-01-06, 07:42 PM
badgis
Driver School Candidate

Default Review Infinity M

Edmunds

The standard Rosewood trim gave the M35x a more refined look than the aluminum-trimmed M45 in our last comparison test. It didn't help much, however, as the Infiniti still got the lowest scores for interior design and materials quality.

Downs: Interior uses some questionable materials, mass of dash buttons can be confusing, jittery ride on the highway.

Problem with infinity. People dont drive their cars on a test track. They drive them to work, school, dinner. Most people want a quiet comfortable ride with a nice interior. LEXUS got it. Infinity did not.
Old 03-01-06, 07:46 PM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

Strange but in every other review it got high rankings.

Originally Posted by badgis
Edmunds

The standard Rosewood trim gave the M35x a more refined look than the aluminum-trimmed M45 in our last comparison test. It didn't help much, however, as the Infiniti still got the lowest scores for interior design and materials quality.

Downs: Interior uses some questionable materials, mass of dash buttons can be confusing, jittery ride on the highway.

Problem with infinity. People dont drive their cars on a test track. They drive them to work, school, dinner. Most people want a quiet comfortable ride with a nice interior. LEXUS got it. Infinity did not.
Old 03-01-06, 07:50 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
Senior Moderator

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

sigh...not again....
Old 03-01-06, 07:52 PM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by magneto112
sigh...not again....

^^^ +1

Thank ya
Old 03-01-06, 09:12 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by magneto112
sigh...not again....
Consumer Reports said Japanese and Korean brands had 12 problems per 100 vehicles, while U.S. automakers had 18 problems and European makers had 21 problems. Asian and U.S. automakers have been improving their scores but appeared to stall in 2005, the magazine said. European automakers' ratings haven't changed substantially in the last four years, the magazine said.

After Lexus, Honda and Toyota, the brands rounding out the top ten for reliability were Mitsubishi, Subaru, Acura, Scion, Mercury, Mazda and Suzuki. The ten lowest-rated brands were Audi, Infiniti, Saturn, Lincoln, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, Volkswagen, Land Rover, Hummer and Porsche.

We don't even have to say anything. They are shooting themselves in the foot.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=203820

For a company in the middle of some sort of turnaround, they cannot afford ridiculous mistakes like this.

Last edited by LexFather; 03-01-06 at 09:23 PM.

Old 03-01-06, 11:12 PM
LexFather

Infiniti still mum on product

Donna Harris

Automotive News / February 20, 2006 - 6:00 am

CLICK BELOW FOR MORE:

>> 2006 National Automobile Dealers Association convention coverage
Infiniti highlights
# Vehicles will be held at port to control inventory

# Improvements sought to dealer communications system

# Online training for dealership employees is coming

Advertisement
Click Here!
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Infiniti continues its silence on the issue that matters most to dealers: new product.

Dealers left their make meeting with no more information on upcoming product than they had when the meeting began.

Infiniti dealers believe they need a broader product line to compete with premium luxury makes.

"I will not answer questions on product," said Mark Igo, Infiniti's general manager. "We didn't talk about product. We talked about processes that can improve the customer experience."

Edwin Lennon Jr., president of Circle Infiniti Inc. in West Long Branch, N.J., said he hopes dealers will find out within a month whether the Skyline GT-R, a high-performance sports car sold overseas, will be badged as a Nissan or an Infiniti in the United States. "I thought we would have known by now," he said.

Infiniti did address inventory control, another top dealer concern. Lennon, who is chairman of the Infiniti Dealer Advisory Board, said the division assured dealers it would hold vehicles at the port rather than push excess inventory on dealerships.

He said dealer inventory was heavy last year - about a 55- to 60-day supply. Dealers would like to maintain their current 45-day supply or lower it, Lennon said.

Igo said Infiniti also is working on improving its dealer communication system and parts packaging.

Lennon said Infiniti is emphasizing dealership training. The division is introducing online training for salespeople in April and gradually rolling out Internet training programs for other key personnel. Infiniti also will toughen the salesperson certification program, he added. "Once they get through a difficult test," he said, "dealing with customers will be easy."

Old 03-11-06, 05:59 PM
L-Finesser
Rookie

Infiniti seems to be on its way. Better cars, better ads, more momentum. The dealer in Jersey is right. They need product. Will they be better than Lexus? No. But if they keep it up they can be good competition.
Old 03-12-06, 10:21 PM
carnal_c30
Lexus Test Driver

Infiniti is on the move, personally it went from no cars I like to two now and possible more in the future

I personally would chose the M over the GS and the G over the IS/ES

Initial quality of the M has been outstanding which is a nice contrast to the POS QX

the next Q is key, and I hope Infiniti nails it, because more competition is good for everyone!!

I find it hard to get a good discount on Gs and Ms right now I'm trying to buy one for my sis and the coupes and Ms are hot sellers still