Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

3bay seller question

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-06, 01:40 AM
akdmks
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3bay seller question

Just wondering if anyone has bought parts off of a guy named lexmaniac. He has an 3bay store called ORIGINAL LEXUS PARTS and he claims to have all actual oem parts. I was hoping to buy some parts off of him, ie: spark plugs and wires but I wasnt sure if they were real or fake. Please let me know if you know anything about him or his products. Thanks.
Old 02-16-06, 04:46 AM
SC3ooToy
Driver School Candidate

Nope, its not oem. I got some parts from him and the dealer said it was some cheap junk parts.
Old 02-16-06, 06:46 AM
cip
Pole Position

pay the extra $$ & get OEM or better: densoproducts.com or lexus-parts.com

Otherwise you'll pay within a few months when the 'new' cheap stuff you bought craps out anyway.
Old 02-04-23, 12:06 AM
Anthony0
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Genuine Lexus lug nuts… Nope

Bought lug nuts from this guy that were advertised as OEM, with a Toyota/Lexus bag in the pic. When the lug nuts arrived, the box wasn’t a Lexus box or bag. The lug nuts were stamped with the thread pitch on the side of them. I messaged lexmaniac3 to request clarification they were indeed OEM, because my lug nuts don’t have a size on them and he advised “they were a new batch” claiming to be West Side Lexus of Houston TX. I called the dealership and they said they don’t sell parts online, and they have no idea who he is. I called Len Stoler Lexus and asked if the real OEM lug nuts they have in stock have any markings, they replied “no”. I purchased lug nuts from Sewell Lexus, they didn’t have any markings stamped in the side of the lug nut either. When I presented my findings to him he called me an “idiot fool” LMAO…and tried to refund me 50% of my order. eBay refunded me the remaining balance. Be careful with this guy.

Old 02-04-23, 02:20 PM
Wilson2000
Pole Position

Received 484 Likes on 385 Posts

Originally Posted by Anthony0
When I presented my findings to him he called me an “idiot fool”
It's ironic: you were a fool in a way, but, only because you fell for his scam. The topic of counterfeit parts has been raised many times in CL and YouTube. The rip-off artists selling counterfeits go to great lengths to deceive (but not even in your case). It's not uncommon for counterfeit parts to be packaged just like OEM parts in order to aid in the deception, but the packaging is simply counterfeited as well.

Bottom line: I'm sorry you got burned. In the future, only buy parts from on-line Lexus dealers, not from unknowns, or pretenders.
Old 02-04-23, 04:26 PM
Anthony0
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilson2000
It's ironic: you were a fool in a way, but, only because you fell for his scam. The topic of counterfeit parts has been raised many times in CL and YouTube. The rip-off artists selling counterfeits go to great lengths to deceive (but not even in your case). It's not uncommon for counterfeit parts to be packaged just like OEM parts in order to aid in the deception, but the packaging is simply counterfeited as well.

Bottom line: I'm sorry you got burned. In the future, only buy parts from on-line Lexus dealers, not from unknowns, or pretenders.
I always order from Lexus dealers. The seller said he was a Lexus dealer but that turned out to be false. Best place I have found so far is Lexus parts outlet which is Metro Lexus and every part I have received is 100% authentic.
Old 02-04-23, 04:45 PM
Wilson2000
Pole Position

Received 484 Likes on 385 Posts

Originally Posted by Anthony0
Best place I have found so far is Lexus parts outlet which is Metro Lexus and every part I have received is 100% authentic.
Yes, I've bought there too. There are ways to tell if someone is a Lexus dealer, or not. For instance, look at their web site and compare it to other Lexus dealer sites. True Lexus dealer sites have many things in common, including their parts searching database.

Hey, at least you got your money back from Ebay, although, not without much frustration. Consider your trouble the cost of a valuable learning experience. I learned the hard way years ago when the public awareness of counterfeiting was just coming to light!